What is God's first creation?

keypurr

I have already answered it, Keypurr. Did you miss it?

Now, get back to MY question.

You need to answer this, Keypurr, because it calls into question your "God"'s standard of righteousness.

You said:

In response to:

You claimed that "something (like humility) is good because God recognizes it as good.

So does that mean that the standard for "goodness" is external to God, or is something other than God?

This is a huge problem for your theology, Keypurr, especially if you can't answer the question.

That's not answering my question JR.

popsthebuilder

Calm down Princess. I am just amazed it went from Jesus is not God to which I pointed out to KeyPurr whether he realized it or not some time ago was advocating a two son theory, which he finally admitted and professed he was stuck on that point, to now openly advocating God had two sons, which is contrary to the scriptures.
You brought me into such.....as if I ever claimed such and when I call you on it a am being a princess!?

Whatever man.

Super

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

drbrumley

God does have a spirit son and a flesh Son that became one. I am not stuck on any point.

Consider the DOVE. What came with the dove????

So let's look at it if you don't mind....

The Baptism of Jesus
13Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. 14John would have prevented him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?” 15But Jesus answered him, “Let it be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he consented. 16And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; 17and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”

First, a dove didn't descend. If you had actually read it, then you can easily see it says "like a dove." It's used as an illustration....nothing more.

Second....and more to your question. The dove illustration was the Holy Spirit.

All three were there in one spot. Blessed trinity....

Just as the priests were washed AND anointed, so was Jesus in this fashion.

keypurr

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That's not answering my question JR.

How many times do I have to say it. I'VE ALREADY ANSWERED!

If anyone here is not answering questions, it's YOU!

Now, get back to MY question.

You need to answer this, Keypurr, because it calls into question your "God"'s standard of righteousness.

You said:

The ten commandments reflect pure love for him, the standard was set to follow yet people with free will were allowed to make their own decision to follow or not. You decide if you wish to sin, God does not want forced love. Human nature is at war with what God wishes from us. Man can overcome sin in the spirit if he is truly in the spirit.

Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Grace will be given to the folks who display love for God and seek not to sin.

There is no authority superior to YHWH.

In response to:

1) Is something (like humility) good because God recognizes it as good? Or,

2) Is something good because God commands that it is good (as Socrates put it, because God loves it)?

So then, if God does not make something good by commanding it, but rather recognizes that which is good, what standard of righteousness does He use to make this judgment? If the standard is external to Himself, then it appears that contrary to Christian teaching, an authority superior to God would exist. Is that what you believe?

You claimed that "something (like humility) is good because God recognizes it as good."

So does that mean that the standard for "goodness" is external to God, or is something other than God?

This is a huge problem for your theology, Keypurr, especially if you can't answer the question.

popsthebuilder

So you disagree with keyPurr then?
Not sure to be honest.

Never too much contemplated two sons coming together as one.

To me the son of GOD is only such after ascention or return to GOD.

the word son in Greek doesn't always mean son literally.

Right Divider

Body part
Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers
John 5:22-24 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 that all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Do you really believe that honoring the SON EVEN AS THEY HONOR THE FATHER is not saying that Jesus is God?

You're a hopeless heretic.

P.S. Please explain how any created being can receive THE SAME HONOR as GOD!

popsthebuilder

John 5:22-24 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)
22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 that all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Do you really believe that honoring the SON EVEN AS THEY HONOR THE FATHER is not saying that Jesus is God?

You're a hopeless heretic.

P.S. Please explain how any created being can receive THE SAME HONOR as GOD!
By being of the same Spirit and being Glorified by GOD, and coming wholly from GOD?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I don't think He ever makes His physical vessel equal with GOD though.

I could be wrong too though.....help a brother out

Good morning pops .
I didn't see that you got back to me last night , so if you don't want to discuss this topic further with me , just ignore this question .

Do you agree that Mary was a virgin , and concieved by the Holy Spirit ? If so , when Christ was born , which was He God or man or both at the same time IYO ?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In other words you do not have any verses to back up your statement.

No, I am saying that you already know the verses but refuse to admit that they prove that Jesus is God. Do you want to see a few of them again. OK, no problem

John 1:1 New Living Translation (NLT)
Prologue: Christ, the Eternal Word
1 In the beginning the Word already existed.
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

John 1:14

John 1:14 New Living Translation (NLT)
14 So the Word became human[a] and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son.

John 1:18

John 1:18 New Living Translation (NLT)
18 No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God,[a] is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us.

1 John 1:1-2 New Living Translation (NLT)
Introduction
1 We proclaim to you the one who existed from the beginning,[a] whom we have heard and seen. We saw him with our own eyes and touched him with our own hands. He is the Word of life. 2 This one who is life itself was revealed to us, and we have seen him. And now we testify and proclaim to you that he is the one who is eternal life. He was with the Father, and then he was revealed to us.

John 8:58 New Living Translation (NLT)
58 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I am!”

25 They told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he replied, “I won’t believe it unless I see the nail wounds in his hands, put my fingers into them, and place my hand into the wound in his side.”

26 Eight days later the disciples were together again, and this time Thomas was with them. The doors were locked; but suddenly, as before, Jesus was standing among them. “Peace be with you,” he said. 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”

28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.

29 Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.”

Colossians 1:16-20 New Living Translation (NLT)
16 for through him God created everything
in the heavenly realms and on earth.
He made the things we can see
and the things we can’t see—
such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world.
Everything was created through him and for him.
17 He existed before anything else,
and he holds all creation together.
18 Christ is also the head of the church,
which is his body.
He is the beginning,
supreme over all who rise from the dead.[a]
So he is first in everything.
19 For God in all his fullness
was pleased to live in Christ,
20 and through him God reconciled
everything to himself.
He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth
by means of Christ’s blood on the cross.

Need more?