ECT WHAT FOUNDATION DID PAUL PREACH UNDER ??

Danoh

Are you really this blind to the truth?

Are you really under the impression that the teaching found in the epistles to the members of the Body of Christ at Thessalonica is the same thing which Paul taught in the Jewish synagogues?

And you still refuse to answer my simple question:

Do you think that the gospel of which Paul spoke at Romans 1:1-4 is the same one he referred to at Romans 16:25-26?

Let's go over this again, you old saint of the Most High, praise the Lord for ya; brother: but a saint nevertheless obviously long set in his faulty study methods...

Spoiler

This here from Acts 13, not only sheds further light on what all Paul would later also preach in that Thessalonian synagogue in Acts 17; but matches what Paul later reminded said Thessalonians of, in his two Epistles to them...

Acts 13:14 But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. 13:15 And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on. 13:16 Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with his hand said, Men of Israel, and ye that fear God, give audience.

What was that - that Jesus was the Christ; as proven by His resurrection from the dead...

Acts 13:32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. 13:34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.

What else about what the Lord's resurrection also proved was accomplished did Paul preach unto those in said synagogue on said Sabbath day?

Acts 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Where did he preach that?

And unto whom?

Acts 13:42 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

What did he preach unto them IN THAT SYNAGOGUE?

The GRACE OF GOD...

Acts 13:43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.

And MORE THAN ONCE...

Acts 13:44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

What had been ANOTHER aspect of that?

God's showing through Paul, WHY He had turned from ISRAEL's Acts 3 "Unto you first" in - His - wrath to begin with, at the end of Acts 7, and with that; Paul's calling...

Acts 13:45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.

Straight out of Matthew 12; Matthew 23; Acts 7; Hebrews 2; etc.

Matthew 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 23:30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it. 7:54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth. 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

Hebrews 2:1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. 2:2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; 2:4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will? 2:5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

Obviously that is not Paul there; in Hebrews 2...

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Back to Acts now...

13:45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.

They were still at their filling up the measure of sins of their fathers against the Spirit: the very warning the Lord and all the above warned would cost them eternally under their "unto you first."

Which cost it had cost them by the time Paul was saved and given his DISTINCT, one Apostleship too many to that of Israel's PROPHESIED and already established 12 by the tIme Paul was called into his UNIQUE Apostleship (Acts 1:20-26).

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. 13:47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

THAT is Paul's Christ GIVEN unique application of that - this here...

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

And THAT IS an ASPECT of the ACTUAL Acts NINE Position...

Back to Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed. 13:49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region. 13:50 But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts.

The very kinds of things the Apostle Paul had obviously taught on not only at length, and not only not always mentioned much by Luke, if at all in Acts; but way before Paul himself later wrote about them.

As in his LATER reminder to the Thessalonians of MUCH that he had ACTUALLY shared with them...

1 Thessalonians 1:1 Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1:2 We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers; 1:3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father; 1:5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake. 1:6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost: 1:7 So that ye were ensamples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia. 1:8 For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing. 1:9 For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;

1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

The following refers to their following of the saints at Jerusalem as to their OWN same kinds of SUFFERINGS among their OWN - AT Thessalonica...

1 Thessalonians 2:14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews: 2:15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: 2:16 Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

As that shows - THAT EARLY in Paul's writings - God was THROUGH with OFFERING ISRAEL'S Hope as a Nation.

The 2nd Advent DELAYED; the following was now on the table...

1 Thessalonians 2:19 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming? 2:20 For ye are our glory and joy.

1 Thessalonians 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Lastly - once again, Jer, all the Apostle Paul is asserting as Romans 1 opens, is that the same Christ Who was Prophesied; and Who's resurrection from the dead proved Him to be said Prophesied Christ, is the SAME Christ Who gave him is UNIQUE Apostleship and Message among both Jew and Gentile WITHOUT distinction.

Or among BOTH as HEATHEN NOW...

Acts 26:15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

Delivered from the path to wrath of BOTH to the following unto BOTH...

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. 26:19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: 1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Romans 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

SaulToPaul 2

Let's go over this again, you old saint of the Most High, praise the Lord for ya; brother: but a saint nevertheless obviously long set in his faulty study methods...

Is there any other TOLer who has the correct study methods, besides you?

dodge

Hi and you just kike to VILIPEND me and it will never work abd you will not debate , my OP !!~

Dispensationalism rules and all you can do is YAWPING which is fine with me !!

dan p

Your definition of debate is to accept your errors and deceptions. No thanks.

Dipsy is nothing more than the deceptions and lies of the men you follow.

Danoh

Is there any other TOLer who has the correct study methods, besides you?

That is not my point.

Which only proves my point, where you and your high-fivers on your mis-fires are concerned.

My point is that each participant in these various exchages often appears to be missing one aspect or another of how to study a thing out, that another participant appears to have; and vice-versa.

I have never concluded, nor asserted, that I have all the study PRINCIPLES.

That is you and yours concluding that.

But you and yours are ever not only so busy looking down your noses at others, but just as quick to take persional issue when one hole or another in your own understanding and what principle or another that might imply you are missing, is pointed out to you, that you continue to conclude this nonsense of yours that I am claiming that I have all the right approaches to study.

Which only shows you and yours are not as sharp in your distinctions as you each continue to come off thinking you are, on here.

YOU are NOT the issue.

NONE of us is.

Gal. 2:20
Prov. 27:17
Eph. 4:16

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone" (Ephesians 2:19-20)

Jerry Shugart

I have already addressed your confusion but evidently you are too blind to see the truth.

And you continue to refuse to answer my question!

Danoh

I have already addressed your confusion but evidently you are too blind to see the truth.

And you continue to refuse to answer my question!

Speaking of your getting all excited, over this fool, bro; how is your health, these days?

Great, I hope :thumb:

And I already answered your questions.

But you are stuck in the notion that Paul had preached more than one gospel, and so on.

Again, bro, no need to get all excited over our different understandings; not at any expense of what remains of your health at this point in your obviously long and fascinating life.

Better to strive to...

"Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice" - Philippians 4:4.

:)

DAN P

Your definition of debate is to accept your errors and deceptions. No thanks.

Dipsy is nothing more than the deceptions and lies of the men you follow.

Hi and we are in good company as 1 Cor 11:1 reads WE IMITATE Paul , just as I also am of Christ !!

dan p

dodge

Why do you pretend that you actually believe the Bible?

The faith which Paul once attempted to destroy was contained in the gospel which the Twelve preached at Luke 9:6. You know, that gospel which said nothing about the purpose of the Lord Jesus' death upon the Cross.

That is not the same gospel of which Paul speaks about at 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, a gospel which cannot be preached apart from the Lord Jesus' death upon the Cross.

So anyone with the slightest degree of Spiritual discernment understands that one gospel said nothing about the Cross but the other one does. That means that "two" different gospels were preached.

T-W-O!

There is only ONE Gospel you PROVE your own spiritual blindness over and over.

dodge

Hi and we are in good company as 1 Cor 11:1 reads WE IMITATE Paul , just as I also am of Christ !!

dan p

You do not imitate Paul who said to follow Jesus as he himself did. Jesus was water baptized and preached repentance just as Paul was baptized and himself preached repentance.

Danoh

You do not imitate Paul who said to follow Jesus as he himself did. Jesus was water baptized and preached repentance just as Paul was baptized and himself preached repentance.

You and GT ought to go into business together.

You could run around together in one of those Dodge GTs; teaching others how to read things INTO The Scripture :chuckle:

dodge

You and GT ought to go into business together.

You could run around together in one of those Dodge GTs; teaching others how to read things INTO The Scripture :chuckle:

You cannot be serious ! MAD is nothing but reading into scripture what is NOT there.

DAN P

Hi and you will always be a BLOOTER !!~

Explain why Jesus was baptized ??

Who was John baptizing in Matt 3:5-7 ?? HUH HUH ??

Verse 8 says that you have to have fruit PROVING your Repentance , did you ??

The same in Acts 26:20 ??

dan p

Danoh

You cannot be serious ! MAD is nothing but reading into scripture what is NOT there.

I am we'll aware of the fact that you are merely responding from your having concluded that you are right and are shocked about what you continually misunderstand either MADs or Hybrids as "MADs" are asserting, as a result.

lol - were I looking at things from within your obviously poor study approach, I too might be "shocked at what these people appear to be asserting!"

You'll just have to remain fully persuaded in your own mind for now, and until you see otherwise, bro, Rom. 14:5.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I am we'll aware of the fact that you are merely responding from your having concluded that you are right and are shocked about what you continually misunderstand either MADs or Hybrids as "MADs" are asserting, as a result.

lol - were I looking at things from within your obviously poor study approach, I too might be "shocked at what these people appear to be asserting!"

You'll just have to remain fully persuaded in your own mind for now, and until you see otherwise, bro, Rom. 14:5.

Dodge is on the good track; the narrow way, whether you see it or not.

Do not be so arrogant with your critiques of others . . .

Danoh

Dodge is on the good track; the narrow way, whether you see it or not.

Do not be so arrogant with your critiques of others . . .

Nah, sis; you're reading arrogance into my post to him there. None is intended. I am more than fully aware of where and I might need to check myself.

:)

dodge

Danoh, honestly it is not about being right it is about how MAD does a hatchet job on scripture and then claims everyone that disagrees with their errors is wrong.

The day I see otherwise would be the day I accept "another Gospel", which is never going to happen.

1Co 2:2
For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

NOT: for I determined not to know any thing among you, save that you have placed Jesus' teaching on the trash heap of MAD and now rely totally on Paul for instruction on what Jesus taught.

Danoh

Danoh, honestly it is not about being right it is about how MAD does a hatchet job on scripture and then claims everyone that disagrees with their errors is wrong.

The day I see otherwise would be the day I accept "another Gospel", which is never going to happen.

1Co 2:2
For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

NOT: for I determined that you have placed Jesus' teaching on the trash heap of MAD and now rely totally on Paul for instruction on what Jesus taught.

My point, bro, is that the various sides - including you and I - all believe they have each arrived at the right conclusion.

Simply ask what a body meant by one thing or another; quit jumping to conclusions so easily :chuckle: