ECT WHAT FOUNDATION DID PAUL PREACH UNDER ??

Danoh

Why didn't you answer my question?

What gospel did Paul preach to those in the synagogues?

Surely he did not preach the gospel of the uncircumcision then, did he?

I did answer it; in my reply to DamP.

Which you both failed to see.

I based my answer to him on the following.

Unbelieving Israel was found having continued in Uncircumcision by the Law in Acts 7:51-53.

They were now no better off than lost Gentules, or heathen; as far as being nigh unto God was now concerned, Rom. 3:9-10; Rom. 3:19-20.

Romans 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

Or as Paul later reminded the Thessalonians "the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost" - for their having "filled up their sin," which they now continued to fill up, in their opposition of Paul's ministry, 1 Thess. 2: 16.

In short, I hold the view held by a huge majority of Pastor-Teachers within Mid-Acts - that Paul had preached one gospel to all, without distinction.

That aspect of the gospel of Christ to the Uncircumcision (lost Jew and Gentile); which is basically the issue of the Grace of God in His Son to all, but upon all that believe, absent of the Circumcision/ Uncircumcision distinction "for there is no difference; for all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Rom. 3:21-31.

Paul himself was saved after he was concluded in spiritual Uncircumcision with his nation.

Jerry Shugart

In short, I hold the view held by a huge majority of Pastor-Teachers within Mid-Acts - that Paul had preached one gospel to all, without distinction.

Please give me just one instance in the book of Acts where Paul preached a gospel in the synagogues which was centered on the Cross.

Do you think that the gospel of which Paul spoke at Romans 1:1-4 is the same one he referred to at Romans 16:25-26?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Please give me just one instance in the book of Acts where Paul preached a gospel in the synagogues which was centered on the Cross.

Do you think that the gospel of which Paul spoke at Romans 1:1-4 is the same one he referred to at Romans 16:25-26?

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
??Romans? ?1:16? ?ASV??
http://bible.com/12/rom.1.16.asv

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

dodge

Peter preached the cross here:

Act 2:23
Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24
Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Paul preached the cross here:

Act 13:26
Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

Act 13:27
For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.

Act 13:28
And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain.

Act 13:29
And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.

Act 13:30
But God raised him from the dead:

Act 13:31
And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.

Jerry Shugart

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
??Romans? ?1:16? ?ASV??
http://bible.com/12/rom.1.16.asv

Yes, the "good news" of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.

But that does not mean that there is only one instance of "good news" of Christ that saves.

Those who believe in the "good news" which is centered on the fact that the Lord Jesus died for our sins are saved by believing it (1 Cor.15:1-4).

Those who believe the "good news" that the Lord Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, are saved by believing that gospel (Jn.20:30-31;1 Jn.5:1-5).

Did Arnold tell you that there is only one gospel? That is the only reason that I can imagine why you continue to resist the truth so plainly revealed in the Bible.

Jerry Shugart

Why are you so happy to demonstrate to everyone just how dense you are?

Do you not know the difference between the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus from the fact that He dies for our sins?

Do you not even understand that those things are different?

You are a waste of time and the level of intelligent discussion on this forum has taken a sharp nosedive since you entered these discussions.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Yes, the "good news" of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth.

But that does not mean that there is only one instance of "good news" of Christ that saves.

Those who believe in the "good news" which is centered on the fact that the Lord Jesus died for our sins are saved by believing it (1 Cor.15:1-4).

Those who believe the "good news" that the Lord Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, are saved by believing that gospel (Jn.20:30-31;1 Jn.5:1-5).

Did Arnold tell you that there is only one gospel? That is the only reason that I can imagine why you continue to resist the truth so plainly revealed in the Bible.

To the Jew first

Danoh

To the Jew first

Nope, that is merely a history of what had been the case until Acts 7's pronouncement.

It refers to who had had access to the direct preaching of Christ first: ISRAEL, Acts 3.

After Acts 7, Paul's to the Jew first is only towards showing them why they have been concluded under sin, and in hopes of saving some via his aspect of the gospel of Christ to all in UNcircumcision, Rom. 2 and 3.

Showing, by the way, that their blinding was each their own individual doing.

Interplanner

Why are you so happy to demonstrate to everyone just how dense you are?

Do you not know the difference between the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus from the fact that He dies for our sins?

Do you not even understand that those things are different?

You are a waste of time and the level of intelligent discussion on this forum has taken a sharp nosedive since you entered these discussions.

Sorry Jerry, but you are delusional here. You are a fracture generator, where there is none in the NT. Now I know why Hassidism is preached on a "Christian" media outlet without one reference to Christ.

Interplanner

Act 2:23
Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24
Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.

And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain.

And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.

And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.

Dodge, the Acts 13 sermon passage is spoken by Paul.

dodge

Dodge, the Acts 13 sermon passage is spoken by Paul.

I know and that was how I labeled it in red !

Danoh

Can you take as good as you are often prone to give others?

If not; here's a chuckle then...

Again, you books based "MAD" in your over reliance for your reasoning on your endless books "about" - simply compare the CONTENT of Acts 17 with the CONTENT of Thessalonians.

Was this all he had shared with them?

Acts 17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews: 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ. 17:4 And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.

No, that was not all he had shared with them...

1 Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 5:10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 2:14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

Put away your over reliance on your endless books "about" for your reasoning; get in Scripture, and learn from it HOW TO study a thing out.

And I say this well aware you and I and one or two others on here hold to much that is the actual Mid-Acts Position on many things, and no where near the Hybrid errors being promoted on here by others as "MAD."

Anyone can parrot one teacher or another.

Thing is, to seek out Bible study PRINCIPLES.

Otherwise, one remains ever stuck in, and ever blinded by CONTENT.

dodge

Hi and the anti-Paul people say that Peter and Paul preached the same message and are writing FAKe NEWS as the Jews were doing to Paul in Gal 1:23 and even when Paul REPUDIATES that RUMOR i

in Gal 2:18 and the the 1P 1P are in a MELT DOWN !!

In Rom 15:20 it reads , And being ambitious to preach the gospel , where Christ was named , in order that I should not build upon FOUNDATION belonging to ANOTHER !!

The other foundation was the one Peter was preaching in 1 Peter 2:5 and 6 !!

This means that Paul and Peter did not preach the same FOUNDATION as Paul preached in 1 Cor 3:10 !!

dan p

Amazingly you take the only foundation there is "JESUS" and cut and dice His message to pieces.

No one is anti-Paul they are anti your lies and deceptions.

DAN P

Amazingly you take the only foundation there is "JESUS" and cut and dice His message to pieces.

No one is anti-Paul they are anti your lies and deceptions.

Hi and you just like to VILIPEND me and it will never work and you will not debate , my OP !!~

Dispensationalism rules and all you can do is YAWPING which is fine with me !!

dan p

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Was this all he had shared with them?

Evidently you are unable to distinguish between what Paul taught in the synagogues of the Jews from the epistles which he wrote to the members of the Body of Christ.

And you failed to answer my question:

Interplanner

Evidently you are unable to distinguish between what Paul taught in the synagogues of the Jews from the epistles which he wrote to the members of the Body of Christ.

It is, Jerry. there is one gospel and you are the one with many unanswered questions.

Danoh

What part of all that Body Truth in 1st and 2 Thessalonians Paul reminds the Thessalonians of Acts 17 he had taught; remains unclear to you?

And all Paul is doing at the beginning of Romans 1 is what he often does - he is asserting that the same Christ of Prophecy has given him his Mystery among the Gentiles as their Unprophesied Apostle.

He repeats that in the middle of chapter 1; again in chapter 11; again in chapter 15; and then summarizes that at the end of chapter 16.

His Apostleship not only having been unique, but often questioned because it had been unique; he often starts off with and or at some point throughout various of his 13 Epistles, will go into the fact that his unique Apostleship had been given him by the Risen Lord Jesus Christ of Prophecy Himself.

Thus, his use of that phrase at the very end of Romans; by which the God of Israel had been known TO THAT NATION (who were then the Apostle Paul's greatest opposition) - verse 16:25's "the commandment of the everlasting God..."

Isaiah 40:28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Thus, Romans 16 gloriously ends with where Romans 1 started off with - the issue of Who gave this odd New Apostle one too many to Israel's already established 12, his unique Mystery based authority as to the Mystery not only that he alone had uniquely been given by the Lord Himself; but that is the very power of God to stabilize the Body in every aspect of "the Mystery - of Christ" - "among the Gentiles..."

The Mystery of God's Unprophesied Grace in His Son this unique one Apostle too many too Israel's already established 12, had been making known both through his equally his own unique to him; Christ given preaching and "prophetic writings."

Romans 16:24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

I swear, bro, sometimes you come off like the Hybrids as so called "MADs" on here.

Just like they often do: though the obvious is there in the passages right in front of you, you will insist on one form or another of some kind of a 2&2=5.

Jerry Shugart

What part of all that Body Truth in 1st and 2 Thessalonians Paul reminds the Thessalonians of Acts 17 he had taught; remains unclear to you?

Are you really this blind to the truth?

Are you really under the impression that the teaching found in the epistles to the members of the Body of Christ at Thessalonica is the same thing which Paul taught in the Jewish synagogues?

And you still refuse to answer my simple question: