What does "OTHER" mean?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We have more to fear from those who identify themselves as Christians yet whose words are vicious and destructive.

You're right Bybee! Sometimes, posters use the guise of
being a Christian even though they're far from it. However,
a true believer knows right away who and what they are!

Knowing up front if you're dealing with a cultist, for instance,
saves the time and effort of finding out that, someone who
claims to be a Christian truly is not!

musterion

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Paul has been influenced by eastern mysticism or some other esoteric "insights."

musterion

Iron sharpens iron. Believers are to contend for the faith and reprove and rebuke with all the authority of God's Word, but we are repeatedly warned to shun deliberately contentious discussion and foolish questions (Damien's stream of dishonest inquiry posts qualify as both). Knowing who posters are in terms of their beliefs helps us avoid that...many here hide what they really believe for as long as possible to keep pointless, unedifying talk going. If that is Gros' point I agree with it.

RCLady

Well, first, they don't have to answer to you. Or to anyone.

And second, it may well be that they are answering you, but you simply can't understand their answer. And that is NOT THEIR FAULT. It may not be yours, either, though.

We don't all understand the world, life, or "God" in the same way, or even by the same thought processes. So it stands to reason that some of us will not be able to cognate the thought processes and conclusions of some others of us. It doesn't make anyone wrong, or right, it just makes us different from each other.

And keep in mind that our idea of God is not God. It's just our idea of God. And that's as true for you as it is of anyone else, here.

So I'd say lets just enjoy our differences, and learn what we can from each other. No one's absolutely right, and no one's absolutely wrong. We're all "seeing through the glass, dimly", as the saying goes.

People like you reject the absolute truth and wind up in a spiritual fog of religious indifferentism and moral relativism. You're fooling yourself, but you aren't fooling God.

PureX

I'm not saying posters HAVE to answer to GM. I'm saying that,
it would make it easier for posters to know what religion, belief
system, cult, etc. they are speaking with? You took it wrong!
Why not just ask people what they believe, and why they believe it? And not assign them labels and affiliations at all? I find that most folks, especially those who have come to a theology discussion web site, are very willing to share their beliefs with anyone who is honestly interested.

And I know I am guilty of this, myself: of neglecting to just ask folks what they believe and why instead of 'pigeonholing' them in advance via my own presumptions.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Iron sharpens iron. Believers are to contend for the faith and reprove and rebuke with all the authority of God's Word, but we are repeatedly warned to shun deliberately contentious discussion and foolish questions (Damien's stream of dishonest inquiry posts qualify as both). Knowing who posters are in terms of their beliefs helps us avoid that...many here hide what they really believe for as long as possible to keep pointless, unedifying talk going. If that is Gros' point I agree with it.

Good post!

Letsargue

Add to mix, he's also quite insane!

(((( OH YES, YOU ARE A (( """CHRISTIAN"""!!!!!! )) ALL RIGHT!!!!!

NOTHINMG BUT The Most Hateful and Despised Creature on TOL!!!! -- How could ANYONE SUPPORT YOUR STUPID HATE MONGERING??? Even Satan has FRIRNDS!!!!!

Why is it I can't ever say ANYTHING WITHOUT YOU SPITTING YOUR (((((( HATE ON ME ))))))))???????????? -- No one can get by with that kind of Hate here BUT ((((( YOU )))))!!!!!

How Do You get away with that????

Take it AGAIN AND SHOVE IT IN YOUR HATETING NOSE!!!!

NO ONE AND NOTHING!!!!!!! TODAY