What does "OTHER" mean?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Revelation 20:13 "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."

This verse speaks of those who were, the unsaved!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Someone once said; "Honesty is the best policy." So, why not just be up front when asked such a harmless and simple question? Are there any GOOD reasons for not answering such a question? Some may say; "It's none of anyone's business!" However, if we're going to have a serious discussion based on religious beliefs, why not KNOW who you're dealing with, and why they believe, what they believe?

My beliefs are a mix of Christianity/Agnosticism/Secular Humanism... which is most easily defined as *Other*.

musterion

"Religious Affiliation" is a required field on the "Details" panel. I do not subscribe to any organized religion. But I do believe in God. (I'm not an agnostic or an atheist.) That's why I use "Other."

That's why I spotted you for a pagan idolator right off.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
other is okay
if
you can go to their profile to find out what it means
but
it most cases you can't

musterion

You are atheist.

That's how it looks.

A practical atheist is defined as one who disbelieves in or rejects the existence of gods as a matter of practice if not necessarily theory. This definition of practical atheist focuses on the idea that one disregards belief in gods and the existence of gods in day-to-day living but doesn't necessarily reject the existence of gods when it comes to professed beliefs. Thus a person might say they are a theist, but the way they live means they are indistinguishable from atheists.
One is no more indistinguishable from an atheist as when he rejects the Word of God as without authority, which Damian did last night. But given his insistence on nonetheless believing in a god, that makes him more of a practical pagan. Which all atheists really are, anyway.