What are womens gift in the bible ? what are her things, special atributes G-d gave to them and only them ?

Hoping

Banned
Ask Mr. Religion was (he passed away a couple years ago) a member of TOL. There used to be an emoji on the old TOL site (before we updated the forum software to Xenforo) that used his initials.
Thanks, and my condolences.
In the future, if I see that "answer", I will just know the answerer doesn't have an answer.:unsure:

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Anything not of love, is a sin...don't you think?
Was the AMR comment passive-aggressive?
No.

Your comment was passive aggressive.

You, accusing me of being passive aggressive, when you're in fact the passive aggressive one?

Passive aggressive!

Hoping

Banned
No.

Your comment was passive aggressive.

You, accusing me of being passive aggressive, when you're in fact the passive aggressive one?

Passive aggressive!
I don't know to what you are referring, so I can't make it right with you.

Idolater

Idolatry is putting anything other than God in the place of God.
In Catholicism "the place of God" is accepting the sacrifice of the Mass, which is offered to Him upon an altar. So in order for Catholics to "[put] anything other than God in the place of God" to commit idolatry, we would need to offer sacrifices to something other than the Father.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
In Catholicism

I'm giving you the definition of idolatry, Idolater. By definition, regardless of what religion you're from, putting anything other than God in the place of God is idolatry.

"the place of God" is accepting the sacrifice of the Mass, which is offered to Him upon an altar.

A location (however figurative) is not an action (which cannot be a figure of speech).

To use an analogy, God is on a pedestal. Idolatry is taking God off of that pedestal and replacing Him with something else. You (and the entire Catholic church) do just that by claiming that Mary (or any saint, for that matter) can and does intercede for men. You take God off the pedestal of "the One and Only Intercessor, the One Mediator," and replace Him with Mary.

So in order for Catholics to "[put] anything other than God in the place of God" to commit idolatry, we would need to offer sacrifices to something other than the Father.

Sacrifice has nothing to do with it, and even if there was, it would be sacrificing your worship of Him for worship of something/someone other than God.

Idolater

I'm giving you the definition of idolatry, Idolater. By definition, regardless of what religion you're from, putting anything other than God in the place of God is idolatry.
I answered this directly. In Catholicism "putting anything other than God in the place of God" is sacrificing to something other than God the Father.
A location (however figurative) is not an action (which cannot be a figure of speech).

To use an analogy, God is on a pedestal. Idolatry is taking God off of that pedestal and replacing Him with something else. You (and the entire Catholic church) do just that by claiming that Mary (or any saint, for that matter) can and does intercede for men. You take God off the pedestal of "the One and Only Intercessor, the One Mediator," and replace Him with Mary.
You need to stop acting like you know Catholicism so well that you can instruct me on it. You don't.
Sacrifice has nothing to do with it
It has everything to do with it, in Catholicism. It is our highest form of worship, reserved for God the Father alone.
, and even if there was, it would be sacrificing your worship of Him for worship of something/someone other than God.
Sacrificing is worshiping.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I answered this directly. In Catholicism "putting anything other than God in the place of God" is sacrificing to something other than God the Father.

Then that is exactly what you're doing:

and even if there was, it would be sacrificing your worship of Him for worship of something/someone other than God.

You need to stop acting like you know Catholicism so well that you can instruct me on it.

I know enough to show you where it's contrary to scripture.

You need to stop acting like you're un-instruct-able, and learn some humility.

You don't.

It has everything to do with it, in Catholicism. It is our highest form of worship, reserved for God the Father alone.

Sacrificing is worshiping.

Then you sacrifice time you should be spending worshipping God and instead devote it to Mary, such as in the Rosary.

In other words, idolatry.

Idolater

... I know enough to show you where it's contrary to scripture.
No you don't. That's what I'm saying.
You need to stop acting like you're un-instruct-able, and learn some humility.
If that's what I'm doing then I agree with you. I have made it my mission to be the opposite of uninstructable.
Then you sacrifice time you should be spending worshipping God and instead devote it to Mary, such as in the Rosary.
We pray to the Father and to the Son in the rosary, and we also ask Mary to pray for us.

In other words, idolatry.
Catholicism is invulnerable to accusations of idolatry. We offer the sacrifice of the Mass to the Father, that is our worship and it is our highest form of worship, that is not a lie or an exaggeration, and so for us to commit idolatry we would have to offer the Eucharist----the consecrated host----on an altar to something other than the Father.

Even typing out that scenario is chilling, and it would be extremely idolatrous, and we do not do that.

Hoping

Banned
Catholicism is invulnerable to accusations of idolatry.
Is it sacrilege to throw a rosary in the trash can?
We offer the sacrifice of the Mass to the Father, that is our worship and it is our highest form of worship, that is not a lie or an exaggeration, and so for us to commit idolatry we would have to offer the Eucharist----the consecrated host----on an altar to something other than the Father.
Instead of doing that, why not just obey Him, without fault, all day, week, year long?