weekly weigh in

Right Divider

Body part
I've decided to get serious and take my 223 down to about 190...without losing strength (which would be a grand feat) :noid:

Hold me accountable in this thread.

I'd like to be 2.22 pounds lighter each Friday morning as I post my weight.
You be careful, I don't want you floating away....

Right Divider

Body part
Just one thought about "weight".

Weight by itself is meaningless, it's really body composition that is important.

Most all professional athletes would fail the BMI test, especially football players.

SaulToPaul 2

Just one thought about "weight".

Weight by itself is meaningless, it's really body composition that is important.

Most all professional athletes would fail the BMI test, especially football players.

:up:

Very true. That's why I emphasized "without losing strength". If I don't lose strength, I won't lose lean mass.

Lean mass is too hard to build up to then go on a crash diet and lose most of it.

:e4e:

john w

Hall of Fame
168-have not had a Mr. Cookie Bar, or a Natty Light, for 24 hours. I'm feeling my sinkin' spell coming on....

musterion

Lost a couple pounds of flab in the last week just from not eating breakfast and windowing between noonish and seven. Now I don't even think about breakfast, other than coffee.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lost a couple pounds of flab in the last week just from not eating breakfast and windowing between noonish and seven. Now I don't even think about breakfast, other than coffee.

It was all about getting over that mental hump for me. And following some good advice. It isn't even a thought now.

The good advice was somebody saying "you need to ignore that feeling of hunger in your stomach".

john w

Hall of Fame
It was all about getting over that mental hump for me. And following some good advice. It isn't even a thought now.

The good advice was somebody saying "you need to ignore that feeling of hunger in your stomach".

Don't pat yourself on the back. Proof texts out of context are used to support your preconceived weight ideas (eisegesis), rather than exegesis and all relevant advices and right paradigms/principles leading to right conclusions (wrong assumptions lead to wrong conclusions).You need to make an exegetical vs anecdotal case in your weight pet peeves.Your position is rationalism, naturalism, unbelief, not sound, Joe Weider supported advice.

What is your shoe size, and waste line size?

musterion

Heard a rule of thumb the other day to take your height in inches, divide it in half, and your waist size should not exceed that number. I'm guessing that probably applies more to men than women if it applies at all, since BMI is far from one size fits all.