weekly weigh in

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Fasting works every time. So does not eating carbs, whether they are the sweets you mentioned or pasta. However, if you consume more fuel than you need, and only a little of it is carbs, the carbs are converted to fat.

theophilus

Fasting works every time. So does not eating carbs, whether they are the sweets you mentioned or pasta. However, if you consume more fuel than you need, and only a little of it is carbs, the carbs are converted to fat.

I only eat a noon meal and endeavor to keep it under 1000 calories. And then work it off.

Fuel consumption: eat 500 calories, burn 200 and the other 300 are stored as fat. At least the sugar is burned off first.

I don't eat all that other crap.

theophilus

Yes, saint john w the great, Nick M the Magnificent and STP the Adequate are the Mt Rushmore of TOL...as if we are chiseled out of stone.

If you are watching your weight (which you all seem to be),

and you are watching your diets (which you all seem to be),

and you're all practicing some sort of resistance/isometric training (which you all seem to do),

then wouldn't "chiseled" be the operative appellation here?

Buff?

Ripped?

You pick.

:)

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh sure, one compliment from Theo and you're all puffed up thinly veiled by your false humility!
:chuckle:

Well, Mayor, Nick the great opened up the proverbial "flood gates:"

How old are you?

Please do not rob a theological term of its meaning,as semantics also does not change the fundamental nature of the issue.You are woefully ignorant of the English word study rooted in sound exegesis.A right division understanding will allow you to exegete properly,in its proper context, from a biblical, balanced perspective, w/o straw men, wooden literalisms, and isms, etc. The challenge is to not let your Breenism, cloud church supported doctrine, etc. .I disagree with theological synergism vs monergism, and your myopic assumptions, and you underestimate the Johannine themes, in context, and display an ignorance of Pauline/Johannine theology and historical chronology. I suspect further research will show why Breenism is not a credible belief among NT scholars, i.e., Moe, Larry, Curly, Curly Joe, Shemp, etc. are not in the same league as famous NT scholars or the many unknowns in conservative seminaries).Cults redefine terms (semantical barrier). A proper translation with sound exegesis will not lead to your wrong views.

etc.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, saint john w the great, Nick M the Magnificent and STP the Adequate are the Mt Rushmore of TOL...as if we are chiseled out of stone.

Don't underestimate your progress, Mayor. Who knows? Maybe a nice guy like you, will get into my exclusive country club, some day, and run with the big dogs.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I just want to lift weights for the rest of my life. I can afford to take it easy and heal, I don't feel the drive to lift as much as I can as quickly as I can like in my 20s. I put on a lot of weight then because I "supplemented" my already protein-rich diet with more protein.:kookoo:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Like putting peanut butter on chicken breast?
Yeah except fancier. I'd drink whey shakes on top of a normal diet. Completely useless since I was already eating more than enough protein and the body wastes extra protein as fat if it can't burn it for fuel. But I was eager to never miss a chance to build muscle so I figured I'd flood my system with amino acids and that would never be an excuse for not bulking up.

Like I said, 20s. :idunno: