weekly weigh in

GuySmiley

:up:

The overhead barbell press is a true test of strength.
It is my weakest lift, not surprisingly.
I hate any kind of overhead combined with a squat, so overhead squats, or snatch. My arms just don't stay back, its frustrating I can barely do a 45# bar.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I didn't have a good week. Yesterday was proper, so to today will be proper.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Still 216'ish?

Somewhere around there. The last 4 days have been better. Getting back into the routine took too much effort. I broke my fast with two beef burgers, no bun, two dill spears and some cheese.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

Why don't you put your head in a harness, Mayor, to add a few inches to your height? Am I getting through to you, squirt?

Oh boy, I see you've been hanging out with Don Rickles and Roger Courtney again at the Esquire Club, picking up on their zingers and one liners!

You beat all, you know that.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:chew:

Good timing. I thought I would post something from Martin this morning.

Here is a study that shows skipping the breakfast meal and breaking your fast mid-day still works, and is still free.

To examine the effects of alternate-day fasting on glucose metabolism, eight healthy men were maintained on a 20h modified alternate-day fast for two weeks. Despite unaltered body weight and habitual physical activity, insulin dependent glucose uptake increased, and increased adiponectin levels were observed (65). In another trial, the insulin sensitizing effect of true alternate-day fasting was observed through reduced insulin response to a standardized meal in men, but not women – suggesting a potential sex difference in the effect of alternate-day fasting on glucose metabolism (66). Although not demonstrated in all human studies (68,69), these results indicate that alternate-day fasting might mimic the insulin sensitizing effects observed in rodents on alternate-day fasting diet, and that the effect might be due to increased adiponectin levels.