weekly weigh in

SaulToPaul 2

Has anyone else been watching the "Fit to Fat to Fit" series on A&E?
It is an interesting concept, though I disagree with how they are training...which is not really training, but excessive exercise.

:chew:

SaulToPaul 2

It is easier to just not eat the Big Mac.

The last episode they had this 425 pound guy trying to do hour long cross fit style workouts.
That's madness. Just eat light, and do some moderate strength training, and he'd drop weight fast.

Instead, he got sore and discouraged, and gave up.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The last episode they had this 425 pound guy trying to do hour long cross fit style workouts.
That's madness. Just eat light, and do some moderate strength training, and he'd drop weight fast.

I like the clean and jerk for an all around strength training exercise. It's efficient and fairly interesting (requiring a fair amount of coordination and balance), and is decent for cardio also.

SaulToPaul 2

I like the clean and jerk for an all around strength training exercise. It's efficient and fairly interesting (requiring a fair amount of coordination and balance), and is decent for cardio also.

Nice!

Deadlifts and Overhead Presses will make a man out of ya, too. :)

heir

TOL Subscriber

I saw a very heavy man working with a personal trainer at the Y the other day and they had him doing all of that cross fit stuff too. He did not look at all like he was in it for the long haul. I felt bad for him.

SaulToPaul 2

I saw a very heavy man working with a personal trainer at the Y the other day and they had him doing all of that cross fit stuff too. He did not look at all like he was in it for the long haul. I felt bad for him.

Indeed! Those workouts are hard enough for fit people, much more those with an enormous amount of baggage.
I like the concept of the show, but they try to pack in huge results in a 4 month window...it's too rushed.

john w

Hall of Fame
I'm too busy listening to Leonard Blush; plus, everything us W's eat, turns to muscle.

SaulToPaul 2

I'm too busy listening to Leonard Blush; plus, everything us W's eat, turns to muscle.

Yes, your genetics in addition with intense Judo training leaves you with nothing to worry about fitness wise.
You can afford to have fudge every Tuesday night.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, your genetics in addition with intense Judo training leaves you with nothing to worry about fitness wise.
You can afford to have fudge every Tuesday night.

I broke up with my girlfriend 4 months ago today. Thus, I'm going "stag"/solo with that standing Tuesday night Cashew Fudge night. At least I don't have to worry about messin' up those "smooth moves." Thanks, squirt.