ECT We know that God does not hear sinners ...

glorydaz

I believe you have just proven that you are unable to know when you are sinning and when you have stopped sinning.

God's Truth, on the other hand, is able to know when she is sinning, which makes her able to know when she has stopped sinning.

On the contrary, sinners are quite good at seeing the sins of others, but rarely see their own sins.

That is just one of the reasons why believers have been delivered from the law. It cannot justify anyone. It cannot make anyone holy. And it cannot give anyone life. But it does an excellent job of causing people to lie to themselves while they point their fingers at others. :nono:

glorydaz

Who says what you do when one says to repent and to stop sinning? Can you image you in the presence of John the baptizer while he was baptizing repentant sinners...

Luke 3:12 Even tax collectors came to be baptized. “Teacher,” they asked, “what should we do?” 13 “Don’t collect any more than you are required to,” he told them. 14 Then some soldiers asked him, “And what should we do?” He replied, “Don’t extort money and don’t accuse people falsely—be content with your pay.”

What is your answer to that?

His answer should be.....is that one of the rules you pick and choose to obey?

ClimateSanity

On the contrary, sinners are quite good at seeing the sins of others, but rarely see their own sins.

That is just one of the reasons why believers have been delivered from the law. It cannot justify anyone. It cannot make anyone holy. And it cannot give anyone life. But it does an excellent job of causing people to lie to themselves while they point their fingers at others. :nono:

You just said what I have been trying to say to these two lost souls.

glorydaz

Do you know why John the baptizer was arrested? Don't you know that it is because Herod came to get baptized, but he was not really sorry for his sins and was not going to repent of his sins?

What version of the Bible did you find that in? :popcorn:

glorydaz

You just said what I have been trying to say to these two lost souls.

Yeah, I see that. Whenever someone says, "I have stopped sinning", you can't help but see the boasting. However, boasting is excluded by the law of faith, so their claim is to be excluded, too. ;)

Rather they should give credit where credit is due...to the Lord Jesus Christ who is the end of the law for righteousness for all who believe...who has delivered us from the law and it's condemnation....who took all our sins to the cross.

ClimateSanity

Who says what you do when one says to repent and to stop sinning? Can you image you in the presence of John the baptizer while he was baptizing repentant sinners...

Luke 3:12 Even tax collectors came to be baptized. “Teacher,” they asked, “what should we do?” 13 “Don’t collect any more than you are required to,” he told them. 14 Then some soldiers asked him, “And what should we do?” He replied, “Don’t extort money and don’t accuse people falsely—be content with your pay.”

What is your answer to that?

First, no one spoke to me saying to repent and not sin. You don't know me from a hill of beans. The focus has been your claim....not my life. Get your stinking nose out of my life. It's kind of your business. Don't tell me to repent if you don't know the first thing about me. Actually, the example you showed of people coming up asking the Baptist questions at least suspected there was something amiss in their lives. You would have never approached him because you figured you already stopped sinning. He would have come up to you and asked why you were not seeking forgiveness. You would have said..for what? Then he would have exposed you. You kept all big sins from happening but your dishonest and arrogant heart was bearing rotten fruit and you were completely blind to it.

Cross Reference

Yeah, I see that. Whenever someone says, "I have stopped sinning", you can't help but see the boasting. However, boasting is excluded by the law of faith, so their claim is to be excluded, too. ;)

Bull! I hate that kind of assumption when no boast was intended except in Christ. You don't know the personal battles of individuals dealing with sins in their life that by the strength of their believing for victory, have secured it by the grace of God and that by seeking Him for deliverance and receiving it.

God's Truth

You cannot EVER put down obeying Christ, no matter how much you try.

God's Truth

His answer should be.....is that one of the rules you pick and choose to obey?

Everyone needs to obey all of Jesus' teachings. The problem you have, however, is that you will NOT know what exactly his teachings mean, unless you first obey him. Jesus gives understanding to those that OBEY him, and not those who do not.

God's Truth

What version of the Bible did you find that in? :popcorn:

So then, you do not recognize the scriptures, it is no surprise to me.

We can only use the KJV, if that is what you would like.

Why don't you go further and tell us what you think about John the baptizer and why he was arrested.

God's Truth

Rather they should give credit where credit is due...to the Lord Jesus Christ who is the end of the law for righteousness for all who believe...who has delivered us from the law and it's condemnation....who took all our sins to the cross.

Does any Reader here think that glorydaz will be able to 'see' what the scriptures say?

Paul says he wants us to boast in each other.

For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus. See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14.

Paul shows us we can boast in ourselves.

2 Corinthians 1:12 Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, with integrity and godly sincerity. We have done so, relying not on worldly wisdom but on God's grace.

2 Corinthians 7:14 I had boasted to him about you, and you have not embarrassed me. But just as everything we said to you was true, so our boasting about you to Titus has proved to be true as well.

1 Thessalonians 2:10
You are witnesses, and so is God, of how holy, righteous and blameless we were among you who believed.

2 Corinthians 12:6
Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth.

Acts 23:1
Paul looked straight at the Sanhedrin and said, "My brothers, I have fulfilled my duty to God in all good conscience to this day."

1 Corinthians 9:15 But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast.

God's Truth

First, no one spoke to me saying to repent and not sin. You don't know me from a hill of beans. The focus has been your claim....not my life. Get your stinking nose out of my life. It's kind of your business. Don't tell me to repent if you don't know the first thing about me. Actually, the example you showed of people coming up asking the Baptist questions at least suspected there was something amiss in their lives. You would have never approached him because you figured you already stopped sinning. He would have come up to you and asked why you were not seeking forgiveness. You would have said..for what? Then he would have exposed you. You kept all big sins from happening but your dishonest and arrogant heart was bearing rotten fruit and you were completely blind to it.

I am speaking about God's Truth, not about you. How is it you are so vain?

God's Truth

Someone here has gone against me concerning the reason John the baptizer was arrested.

I will use only the KJV to explain why he was arrested, since that is the only translation the debater would respect.

King James Version---

Matthew 3:6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins. But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

Mark 6:17 For Herod himself had sent forth and laid hold upon John, and bound him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife: for he had married her.

Mark 6
14 King Herod heard about this, for Jesus’ name had become well known. Some were saying, “John the Baptist has been raised from the dead, and that is why miraculous powers are at work in him.”
15 Others said, “He is Elijah.”
And still others claimed, “He is a prophet, like one of the prophets of long ago.”
16 But when Herod heard this, he said, “John, whom I beheaded, has been raised from the dead!”
17 For Herod himself had given orders to have John arrested, and he had him bound and put in prison. He did this because of Herodias, his brother Philip’s wife, whom he had married. 18 For John had been saying to Herod, “It is not lawful for you to have your brother’s wife.” 19 So Herodias nursed a grudge against John and wanted to kill him. But she was not able to, 20 because Herod feared John and protected him, knowing him to be a righteous and holy man. When Herod heard John, he was greatly puzzled; yet he liked to listen to him.
21 Finally the opportune time came. On his birthday Herod gave a banquet for his high officials and military commanders and the leading men of Galilee. 22 When the daughter of Herodias came in and danced, she pleased Herod and his dinner guests.
The king said to the girl, “Ask me for anything you want, and I’ll give it to you.” 23 And he promised her with an oath, “Whatever you ask I will give you, up to half my kingdom.”
24 She went out and said to her mother, “What shall I ask for?”
“The head of John the Baptist,” she answered.
25 At once the girl hurried in to the king with the request: “I want you to give me right now the head of John the Baptist on a platter.”
26 The king was greatly distressed, but because of his oaths and his dinner guests, he did not want to refuse her. 27 So he immediately sent an executioner with orders to bring John’s head. The man went, beheaded John in the prison, 28 and brought back his head on a platter. He presented it to the girl, and she gave it to her mother. 29 On hearing of this, John’s disciples came and took his body and laid it in a tomb.

God's Truth

We must have fruits that meets our repentance.

If one does not know what they are doing wrong, how does one repent?

If one does not know what they are doing wrong, how does one repent and do right?

MATTHEW 3:6 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.
PAUL, the Apostle ACTS 26:20

genuineoriginal

the example you showed of people coming up asking the Baptist questions at least suspected there was something amiss in their lives.
So, why do you believe that there has never been anything amiss in your life?
You seem to be claiming that you have never sinned, therefore you were never able to stop sinning.