Vaccination progress

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Or maybe he mainly wants to worship the messianic State.

As long as you have the State to worship, that God-shaped hole in your soul will be temporarily filled.

He's talking about getting a vaccine, you're talking about the state of his soul.

Do you not see the disconnect?

Earlier, you equated not getting the vaccine with being a citizen, and I asked you if that only applied to the Covid vaccine.

Is someone not being a citizen if they've gotten the polio vaccine, or any other vaccine available today?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
He's talking about getting a vaccine, you're talking about the state of his soul.

Do you not see the disconnect?
It depends WHY he's getting the vaccine? Is the main reason for health or is the main reason the comfort of having an all-powerful messianic State ruling over every aspect of his life?

Earlier, you equated not getting the vaccine with being a citizen, and I asked you if that only applied to the Covid vaccine.

Is someone not being a citizen if they've gotten the polio vaccine, or any other vaccine available today?
It depends WHY they're getting the vaccine? Is the main reason for health or is the main reason the comfort of having an all-powerful messianic State ruling over every aspect of their life?

chair

It depends WHY he's getting the vaccine? Is the main reason for health or is the main reason the comfort of having an all-powerful messianic State ruling over every aspect of his life?
Clearly people get vaccinated for health. This connection to an "all-powerful messianic State" is a figment of your conspiracy oriented mind.

Tell me, if my State is trying to control me- why is it easing up on restrictions? And how is it that nearly every State on Earth is doing the same thing?

eider

Clearly people get vaccinated for health. This connection to an "all-powerful messianic State" is a figment of your conspiracy oriented mind.

Tell me, if my State is trying to control me- why is it easing up on restrictions? And how is it that nearly every State on Earth is doing the same thing?
Yep..... As you know the UK is slowly, carefully easing up on restrictions.
Our NHS can take a breather before focusing upon the many less crucial operations, and our economy can try to surface again.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

It's not so much what the state allows or restricts. Rather, it's the attitude of many sheeple that the government can do no wrong.

eider

It's not so much what the state allows or restricts.
Ah! So our countries' governments are not that dreadful, after all.
Rather, it's the attitude of many sheeple that the government can do no wrong.
Where did you get that from?
Where I live the people are often questioning government decisions, but in a serious crisis we have tended to come more closely together. What do you do? Surely you don't all burst asunder, do you? ....or do you?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You didn't ask him why he was getting the vaccine, you told him why he was getting the vaccine.

Sounds authoritarian.

It depends WHY they're getting the vaccine? Is the main reason for health or is the main reason the comfort of having an all-powerful messianic State ruling over every aspect of their life?

Why do you think, really, Jefferson? Do you think people get a tetanus vaccine to avoid getting tetanus or because they want the "comfort of having an all-powerful messianic State ruling over every aspect of their life?"

That's some hyperbolic thinking right there, processing through a catastrophic lens as if the whole world is collapsing around you right now. It's not. But the GOP prospers when you think that it is.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It's not so much what the state allows or restricts.

Really? Seems that would be exactly what it would be about. If you had the government of your choice there would be a lot of restricting.

Rather, it's the attitude of many sheeple that the government can do no wrong.

I doubt there are many people out there who think the government can do no wrong.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I doubt there are many people out there who think the government can do no wrong.
How much criticism of the current administration are you hearing from the left?

How much criticism of the current administration are we hearing from you?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
How much criticism of the current administration are you hearing from the left?

How much criticism of the current administration are we hearing from you?

There's a great big wide gap on the spectrum between"criticism" and "government can do no wrong."

Jefferson is going to have a hard time finding anyone left or right who believes "government can do no wrong." Which was my point.

Criticism is common on "the left." I see it all the time, I just read something today over at The Daily Beast that's critical of Kamala Harris. Unlikely that anyone's ever gonna get to the point of "government can do no wrong."

As for criticisms of the current administration, yes, I have some. No, I'm not going to elaborate. And every day I wake up with the relief that I don't have to see or hear that traitorous orange buffoon.