Trump Is A Knob

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You made a mountain out of mole hill then and you're doing it now.
Everyone has their own standards. If you don't care about it I'm not going to try to change your mind.

You can't stand being proven wrong
No one likes to be proven wrong about a thing unless they find advantage in it. I hated seeing Tam be that way. I didn't care much for any number of positions she'd taken, but I actually thought she'd do what I do when I get something important wrong. What you do to some extent and now and again. She didn't.

You've apologized for less, publicly and privately to more than a few around here. It's one of the things I like about you. So I'll take your mole hill as more of an expression of your irritation with me than a change in your own principles.

and shown to make bad parenting decisions.
Decisions? Once upon a time I thought better of someone and did a thing I rarely do, which is bother with Youtube videos. A good lesson in it though.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That's very convenient when the videos prove you wrong,
According to who, you? :D Well that's something.

I don't blame you.
All evidence to the contrary, PJ.

Ignoring informative, relevant, educational Youtube video
Don't forget Wikis! And cocktail napkins. I'm sure they're just full of...information. :eek: Else, if you can't find the information in better authority it's probably just some guy with a video camera and an attitude.

Also, that's a funny brick for you to heft.
I understand polls and most are accurate, it's the Trump polls that lack credibility.

by refusing to watch them
You refuse to acknowledge empirical data and with less reason, regardless of authority.

because of a butthurt moment you had is asinine.
I'm just not going to roll in the dirt with you, PJ. :nono:

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep.

Yeah, your credibility is just about zero at this point, so...
Your credibility as a good parent is just about zero at this point, so ....

Nof offense, but you're just not someone I'd take any advice from or whose judgement, given, means very much.
No offense, but your're just not someone I'd take any parenting advice from or whose judgement, given, means very much.

I've never been unclear on the point.
It been very clear that the only one that was in control of what his child heard on the video was yours.
And you want to blame your lack of controlling the content your child hears on me.

And, again, his head didn't explode.
Duh.

He knows, because I've taught him, that decent people don't use that word or if they do they apologize for it and try to keep from making that mistake again. He's a great kid.
Does he know that parents should preview content before allowing their child to hear a video?

He'd heard it at school, but no, not at home.
He did hear it at home.
Why?
Because his parent failed to check the content before he hit the play button where the child could hear it.
It's your fault your child heard it, not mine.

I don't think making an honest if naive mistake makes you a bad parent
It wasn't a naive mistake that you chose to hit play, it was bad parenting.

or I suspect there wouldn't be anyone who could claim to be a good one.
You're getting close to the facts.
There might still be hope for you.

Now if I didn't learn from the lesson you'd have a good point instead of one I'm about to put your eye out with.
Oooo, bodily threats now.
All because you chose to be a bad parent.

Now if you choose, as you did, to put that sorriness into play (and apparently, according to you, you've done this repeatedly) it says something about your standards. I don't expect you to own it, but there it is.
Now if you choose, as you did, to play that video where your child could hear it (which you have done), it says something about your standards of parenting.

Now I'll leave you and glory to keep chatting about me. There's really no point in trying to help you see anything. You're too filled with whatever it is that makes you comfortable with breaking faith around here. Good luck with that. You're joining glory on my ignore pile.
I've heard that before.
Your words don't carry much weight.

As for the Town parenting manual, we see that previewing content before you play a video for your child to hear is not a standard you hold dear.
And that when you are a bad parent, you quickly look for another to lay the blame on.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
For Board Peer Review...........

For Board Peer Review...........

I'm just not going to roll in the dirt with you, PJ. :nono:

Hi all,

Just read the first few pages and the last few, and 'wow'.

I have no opinion on Trump, but if hes a 'knob',...may 'God' use him well to HELP the world. (to open new doors, and shut others).

~*~*~

However, over the f-bomb in the video in question, I cant judge because I havent seen the video Tam posted, but CALLING TH a 'bad parent' over playing it while his kid was nearby is ludicrous. But he's explained himself well over the 'ethics' involved on that :) - Just a few thoughts probably already mentioned, and a coming example -

First off, is the issue of what is allowed on the forum to be posted via video, the 'rules' concerning that which are the 'responsibility' of the POSTER
. IF the 'f-word' is prohibited (or whatever profanity), then the fault is with the poster, obviously...since a person playing a video would 'assume' the poster is honoring the 'rule'. - UNLESS the poster did put a precautionary WARNING before the video concerned about foul language being in it, etc., an unsuspecting viewer has no CLUE. No brainer :) - so I would settle those issues, besides a few other 'perks' ;)

In my recent discussion/debate with ACW (oh boy, here we go)...he posted a very unsettling video of a coffee shop owner throwing out a group of christians just for some 'anti-abortion' pamphlet or flyer found outside the establishment. ACW DOES put a *Warning* up front saying "there is vile and disgusting language involved!", but does not specify that at least 8 f-bombs are dropped, and a very crude one directed towards Jesus, which some would find revolting if not obscene. Here is that post.

Just to recap: The 10 TOL Commandments havent been 'updated' or 'modified' since 2009 (just an observation). The only rule I found that may apply to 'video' posts is #2 -

2. Thou SHALL NOT attempt to upload profane images or video to our website or post links to profane material on our website. Profane avatars, usernames, and profile images are also illegal and will result in instant banishment.

It appears a better more detailed 'update' with additional 'amendments' might be helpful here in the context of each 'rule'
...as far as what language is allowable or tolerated in video presentations, where the line is drawn, IF *warning* note is required before anything 'profane' or 'vulgar' is going to be shared (at least THAT is helpful). Of course as the rule presenter claims, this is all 'subjective',..but better clarification or amendments to the rules may be helpful.

I'll link this to the TOL commandments thread for discussion. I look forward to Knight's comments on this.

:thumb:

glorydaz

With Town and his itchy 'play' finger as his parent, he gets to hear it at home.

Town thinks he has us fooled. Claims he doesn't use any bad words.

Ha, anyone with that pompous attitude has no control over his tongue. His problem is he doesn't hear what comes out of his own mouth. He see flowers flowing from his lips, when actually it's stink weed. :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I cant judge because I havent seen the video Tam posted,
Hey, that makes sense!

but CALLING TH a 'bad parent' over playing it while his kid was nearby is ludicrous.
Of course it is!
:doh:

And just as ludicrous would be calling a parent that does not preview a video before allowing their child to listen to it as "good" parenting.

There are two separate issues going on.
One is about members on TOL posting a warning for any video that has an offensive word in it (which TOL staff can enforce at their pleasure).
Another is what constitutes good parenting (which TOL staff cannot enforce).

Town should have never let anything on TOL (whether the staff agrees or not) access to his child ears without checking the content of it first.
Parents are supposed to do that, not rely on others to do that for them by presenting nothing that might be considered offensive to some.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Town thinks he has us fooled. Claims he doesn't use any bad words.

Ha, anyone with that pompous attitude has no control over his tongue. His problem is he doesn't hear what comes out of his own mouth. He see flowers flowing from his lips, when actually it's stink weed. :chuckle:
I can just hear him now .....
"Well geeze, Judge. I was just naive and mistaken to leave my child in the car. I really didn't think it would be hot enough to kill him. That should let me off the hook."

glorydaz

You made a mountain out of mole hill then and you're doing it now. You can't stand being proven wrong and shown to make bad parenting decisions.

"Making a mountain out of a molehill.." And here we see the Town Clown summed up quite well. :thumb:

It's always the same with clowns, isn't it? They put on big shoes over their tiny feet, and big noses over the one God gave them, and big pants held up by big suspenders....all to get attention.:zakath:

glorydaz

I can just hear him now .....
"Well geeze, Judge. I was just naive and mistaken to leave my child in the car. I really didn't think it would be hot enough to kill him. That should let me off the hook."

Yeah...maybe blame the wife for suggesting he take the child with him in the first place. :think:

Truth be told. I think the entire thing about his son walking in and hearing those bad words was totally made up to begin with. He made up a story he knows couldn't be proven wrong, in order to chide you for daring to post a video without some kind of "proper" warning. I can just see him sitting in his little computer chair, "What if my son would have heard that?" "Horrors....I shall chasten her with my righteous indignation!"

It's these hypocritical do-gooders who are so adept at hiding their secret sins. Lying in order to make a jab on an internet forum is exactly what Town Heretic would do. Then he would double down on the lie....as we're seeing AGAIN today. :nono:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
And just as ludicrous would be calling a parent that does not preview a video before allowing their child to listen to it as "good" parenting.

So you suggest TH listen to videos ONLY when no children are within ear-shot or PUT ON headphones each time he views videos?

There are two separate issues going on.
One is about members on TOL posting a warning for any video that has an offensive word in it (which TOL staff can enforce at their pleasure).
Another is what constitutes good parenting (which TOL staff cannot enforce).

As I mentioned afore....Did you post a *warning* to your video first to prepare/inform the viewer about the video? This would enable a viewer to ACT in an appropriate way as he played it. Calling TH a bad parent is most juvenile, besides hitting below the belt. Jeez folks.

Town should have never let anything on TOL (whether the staff agrees or not) access to his child ears without checking the content of it first.

Thats a subjective call isnt it,.....and yes trusting any poster's video content could be sketchy, as they may not be honoring board rules OR not bothering with WARNING the viewer about the video before viewing it.

Parents are supposed to do that, not rely on others to do that for them by presenting nothing that might be considered offensive to some.

I'd tone down the pontificating, maybe you're trying to soften your own 'responsibility' on posting what is 'appropriate' on the site, or on supplying the helpful *warning* to alert viewers so they could make a more 'informed' choice on whether to watch it or not.

I've brought this before Knight and moderators,....so will see what the 'round table' has to say :)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
SO you suggest TH listen to videos ONLY when no children are within ear-shot or PUT ON headphones each time he views videos?
Nope.

Are you suggesting he should?

As I mentioned afore....Did you post a *warning* to your video first to prepare/inform the viewer about the video? This would enable a viewer to ACT in an appropriate way as he played it. Calling TH a bad parent is most juvenile, besides hitting below the belt. Jeez folks.
For pete sake!
It is up to the posters at TOL to determine what Town lets his son listen to?
NO!

Thats a subjective call isnt it,.....
Is it.

and yes trusting any poster's video content could be sketchy,
Is that subjective to say?

as they may not be honoring board rules OR not bothering with WARNING the viewer about the video before viewing it.
Or, a parent should preview content of what he allows his child to listen to.
Should a parent do that or not?

I'd tone down the pontificating, maybe you're trying to soften your own 'responsibility' on posting what is 'appropriate' on the site, or on supplying the helpful *warning* to alert viewers so they could make a more 'informed' choice on whether to watch it or not.
Or, we could rely on parents to make good parenting choices of the content they allow their child to listen to.

I've brought this before Knight and moderators,....so will see what the 'round table' has to say :)
As per the post in which I posted the video, it has already been presented to the staff for a decision back when it happened.
It's a done deal.
Been a done deal for a while now.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Nope.

Are you suggesting he should?

For pete sake!
It is up to the posters at TOL to determine what Town lets his son listen to?
NO!

Is it.

Is that subjective to say?

Or, a parent should preview content of what he allows his child to listen to.
Should a parent do that or not?

Or, we could rely on parents to make good parenting choices of the content they allow their child to listen to.

As per the post in which I posted the video, it has already been presented to the staff for a decision back when it happened.
It's a done deal.
Been a done deal for a while now.

Okee dokee :)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
"Making a mountain out of a molehill.." And here we see the Town Clown summed up quite well. :thumb:

It's always the same with clowns, isn't it? They put on big shoes over their tiny feet, and big noses over the one God gave them, and big pants held up by big suspenders....all to get attention.:zakath:

Town Heretic is a bit of a pompous fellow, isn't he? I love a good sense of humor, unfortunately, TH wasn't blessed with one. However, he compensates for that shortcoming, having convinced himself that he's witty. He's his own number one FAN. Although, I kind of think his FAN is unplugged.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Town Heretic is a bit of a pompous fellow, isn't he?
Like having your shoe size mocked by a clown.

I love a good sense of humor,
Like Quasimodo dreaming of Esmerelda.

unfortunately,TH wasn't blessed with one. However, he compensates for that shortcoming, having convinced himself that he's witty.
It's more of a land of the blind sort of thing.

He's his own number one FAN. Although, I kind of think his FAN is unplugged.
Hey! GM, good to have you back!

And really, how often does anyone say that about cancer? :plain: :eek: