Trinity Proof Scriptures

genuineoriginal

At the end of the day, we have it, in the above quote, from the anti-Trinitarian horse's mouth, that "You can't prove [that God is not a Trinity]", and, in that admission, the anti-Trinitarian is admitting that "You can't prove FROM THE BIBLE [that God is not a Trinity]".

Russell's teapot is an analogy, formulated by the philosopher Bertrand Russell (1872–1970), to illustrate that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making unfalsifiable claims, rather than shifting the burden of disproof to others.

Chemist Peter Atkins said that the point of Russell's teapot is that there is no burden on anyone to disprove assertions. Occam's razor suggests that the simpler theory with fewer assertions (e.g., a universe with no supernatural beings) should be the starting point in the discussion rather than the more complex theory.

It is your assertion that God is a Trinity in which the Father is God but is not the Son and is not the Holy Spirit, the Son is God but is not the Father and is not the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is God but is not the Father and is not the Son, but somehow the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all the same God.

It is my assertion that God is the Father and that Jesus is the Son of God, since that is the plain teaching of the Bible.

genuineoriginal

The Bible clearly shows that there are three persons that are the one God. That is shown throughout.
You must be reading something other than the Bible.

1 John 4:9
9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.​

glorydaz

Go ahead and prove that your assertion is true.

The Bible clearly shows that there are three persons that are the one God. That is shown throughout. That you reject the evidence is your own problem.

Man is that the truth...

It's like a novice detective at a crime scene. They see the gun on the floor and the body lying in a pool of blood, and conclude the guy had been shot. The other detective rolls the guy over, and there is a knife sticking out of the guy's back. Oops, the PLOT thickens. :chuckle:

The problem with GO, and others like him, is he picks the verses that speak of our Lord's humanity, and turn a blind eye to those which speak of His Deity. Like, duh, He "came out from God", and "down from heaven".

They are content with a half truth. Not even able to explain what "Son of God" means.

You can show them a clear verse showing His Deity, and they totally IGNORE it, and throw back at you a verse that shows His humanity. While we see His humanity quite clearly, and don't need convincing on that.

genuineoriginal

The problem with GO, and others like him, is he picks the verses that speak of our Lord's humanity, and turn a blind eye to those which speak of His Deity. Like, duh, He "came out from God", and "down from heaven".
The Son of God was 100% divine before the incarnation.
The Son of God was given the name Jesus and became 100% human during the incarnation
The Son of God was restored to being 100% divine after the ascension and was seated on the right hand side of God.

You can show them a clear verse showing His Deity, and they totally IGNORE it, and throw back at you a verse that shows His humanity. While we see His humanity quite clearly, and don't need convincing on that.
I can show you verses and you will misunderstand them.

In this Psalm there are two beings: God and His Anointed (Anointed is Christ in the Greek).
The Christ (anointed) is the Son that God has begotten.

Psalm 2:2
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.​

Jesus is the Christ (anointed), the Son of God.

glorydaz

The Son of God was 100% divine before the incarnation.
The Son of God was given the name Jesus and became 100% human during the incarnation
The Son of God was restored to being 100% divine after the ascension and was seated on the right hand side of God.

No sense going any further. THAT is truly the MOST ridiculous thing I have heard in quite some time.

And you have so much going for you, genuineoriginal. :nono:

If the Son of God was 100% Divine before....you are claiming there are TWO GODS.

There is only ONE DIVINE BEING. So where did the SON come from in His DIVINITY?

genuineoriginal

If the Son of God was 100% Divine before....you are claiming there are TWO GODS.

There is only ONE DIVINE BEING.

The Bible says that there are many gods, even though we serve only one God.

1 Corinthians 8:4-6
4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.​

So where did the SON come from in His DIVINITY?
Why would you think that the Son of God would not also be divine?

Hebrews 1:1-5
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:
4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?​

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank

Russell's teapot is an analogy, formulated by the philosopher Bertrand Russell (1872–1970), to illustrate that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making unfalsifiable claims, rather than shifting the burden of disproof to others.

Chemist Peter Atkins said that the point of Russell's teapot is that there is no burden on anyone to disprove assertions. Occam's razor suggests that the simpler theory with fewer assertions (e.g., a universe with no supernatural beings) should be the starting point in the discussion rather than the more complex theory.

It is your assertion that God is a Trinity in which the Father is God but is not the Son and is not the Holy Spirit, the Son is God but is not the Father and is not the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is God but is not the Father and is not the Son, but somehow the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all the same God.

It is my assertion that God is the Father and that Jesus is the Son of God, since that is the plain teaching of the Bible.

It is your assertion that God is not a Trinity. Only someone who asserts that God is not a Trinity, while knowing, and admitting to others, that he can't prove that God is not a Trinity, will be motivated to say to others, as you are saying to others, "I am under no burden to prove that God is not a Trinity".

Why, then, do you go about asserting, to others, that God is not a Trinity? All you are doing is demanding that others be converted to agreeing with you in your presupposition that God is not a Trinity. You are saying: "Look, I readily admit I can't prove that God is not a Trinity, but, nevertheless, you should believe that God is not a Trinity; otherwise, I will call you an idiot!"

Since you see yourself as under no burden to prove that God is not a Trinity, don't expect others to see themselves as under a burden to presuppose, with you, that God is not a Trinity.

glorydaz

I can show you verses and you will misunderstand them.

In this Psalm there are two beings: God and His Anointed (Anointed is Christ in the Greek).
The Christ (anointed) is the Son that God has begotten.

Psalm 2:2
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.​

Jesus is the Christ (anointed), the Son of God.

That Psalm is PROPHETIC, and His being begotten speaks of His resurrection.

Acts 13:33-34 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. 34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.​

Therefore, what point are you hoping to make here.

It isn't speaking of TWO BEINGS, but of two natures. Divinity and Humanity....

genuineoriginal

That Psalm is PROPHETIC, and His being begotten speaks of His resurrection.

Acts 13:33-34 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee. 34 And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.​

Therefore, what point are you hoping to make here.
One being that raised up another being from the dead makes two beings.

It isn't speaking of TWO BEINGS, but of two natures.
It is clearly speaking about one living being raising up one dead being from the dead, not one being with two natures.

glorydaz

One being that raised up another being from the dead makes two beings.

It is clearly speaking about one living being raising up one dead being from the dead, not one being with two natures.

A being of unity is not beyond your ability to understand.

One NAME....Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Our Triune God.

If you understood that, you wouldn't be having to conjure up TWO DIVINE BEINGS.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I'm out here too, but not going to get into a 'nature of God" debate, as that has been done and redone many times, and in all that time, not once has anyone changed their opinion, so, what is the point?

genuineoriginal

A being of unity is not beyond your ability to understand.

One NAME....Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Our Triune God.
Are you referring to this verse?

Matthew 28:19
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:​

Do you understand what "in the name of" means?

in the name of
a. for the sake of
b. by the sanction or authority of

If you understood that, you wouldn't be having to conjure up TWO DIVINE BEINGS.
The Bible teaches that there are other gods.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Are you referring to this verse?

Matthew 28:19
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:​

Do you understand what "in the name of" means?

in the name of
a. for the sake of
b. by the sanction or authority of

No one disputes that.

The issue is that there is ONE "name", yet THREE Persons are listed.

The Bible teaches that there are other gods.

Doesn't make them real.

There is only ONE God.

All others are fakes.