Toxicity

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
For those with comprehensive reading skills, I already answered the question.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You came here to discuss the Gospel of Thomas, which is not holy scripture.
We, as Christians, have a duty to point out heresy and refute it, not be tolerant of it.
:up: I'm with Tambora on this one! :cheers:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
looks like they don't have an answer for this

here is a hint

the answer is no

same sex marriage should not be legal
abortion should not be legal

I already answered that same sex marriage should be legal. I've been pretty clear on that.

But same sex marriage and abortion are two entirely different things

I'm prolife, always have been. You know that.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I'm slightly disappointed that I have come across so much toxicity , mockery and trickery as a new member.

Yessss....We are quite unique in that respect I'm sure. :plain:

I have joined this site because I am curious , exploring and want to become more committed to God , but I find it really off-putting when some quite a few people seem to find it a joke or some kind of interview that I need to pass. I don't enjoy elitism and think we should treat each other as equals.

Ignore them or develop a sense of humor about them (Admittedly not everyone is able to do this)...Once you begin to look at the more nasty ones in the light which their input deserves, you will find this place can be very valuable. If you stick with it you will soon learn who is able to instruct you and build your faith, and who is not worthy of your attention.
The open nature of this site, while it does pretty much guarantee that toxic and foolish people will be here, also guarantees that you will find a range of ideas and dogmatic challenges which you probably would be hard pressed to find in other Christian sites....Sites with huge-eyed, & doll-like avatars. :noid:

I'm just saying this because if this is the way new members usually get treated you are going to scare a lot away.:allsmile:

We see it as survival of the fittest. :D

Last edited:

elohiym

As to the first question, I know what the Church teaches. I don't know that I agree with it.

Why do you remain a member of a church that teaches against what you appear to disagree with?

In case you want to know why I ask, I ask because it's something I've wondered about you for a long time. I could never do that, and I left a denomination because I couldn't support them by my membership while they held to doctrines that I opposed. It may be helpful for me to understand how you are able to do that.

Again, answer if you want; but I really would appreciate a sincere and sufficient explanation, if you feel up to it.

GFR7

Rusha said:
WRONG. There are actual Christians on this site who are against SSM. We disagree and are still friendly. It isn't just myself and Anna, btw. Also, don't pretend you don't understand why some people see you as ... unbalanced and rather creepy.
To each his own. I like myself, and many people in my life like me, so I don't really care what some strangers say.:)

Oh. I see. What then is your excuse for all your trolling of ACW?
I'm not trolling him. I really like him.

elohiym

I like myself, and many people in my life like me, so I don't really care what some strangers say.:)

I thank God you like yourself, brother. So many people are self-loathing. I dare say the majority of Christianity is self-loathing, doctrinally speaking.

God loves you, so why shouldn't you at least like you, right?

GFR7

is it moral?

is accept the same as believe?

should it be legal?
I know from arguing with them that they accept it, and believe it should be legal.

They think I'm a closet homosexual because I post against it so much. They cannot believe I would truly hold that opinion.

When I came on TOL I thought it was a Christian forum, so it stunned me. I know better now.

GFR7

I thank God you like yourself, brother. So many people are self-loathing. I dare say the majority of Christianity is self-loathing, doctrinally speaking.

God loves you, so why shouldn't you at least like you, right?
Thank you for being decent and kind.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Why do you remain a member of a church that teaches against what you appear to disagree with?

In case you want to know why I ask, I ask because it's something I've wondered about you for a long time. I could never do that, and I left a denomination because I couldn't support them by my membership while they held to doctrines that I opposed. It may be helpful for me to understand how you are able to do that.

Again, answer if you want; but I really would appreciate a sincere and sufficient explanation, if you feel up to it.

With all sincerity, I'm wary of you Elo. I'll answer your question but I doubt it will be sufficient.

I stay with the Church because it's all I've ever known, but I've been struggling with my faith for quite a while now.

My life is in turmoil at the moment and it's part of my life and it's in turmoil too.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know from arguing with them that they accept it, and believe it should be legal.

They think I'm a closet homosexual because I post against it so much

Pffttt ... I don't know whether or not you are heterosexual OR homosexual. I have stated your obsession is bizarre. That's it.

That's not the issue. It's your disdain and disregard towards women. Of course, you already knew this because I have told made a point of telling you.

GFR7

Pffttt ... I don't know whether or not you are heterosexual OR homosexual. I have stated your obsession is bizarre. That's it.

That's not the issue. It's your disdain and disregard towards women. Of course, you already knew this because I have told made a point of telling you.
That's YOUR perspective and you ought to own it and take responsibility for it. It's not objective truth, and I know this. My wife would never have called me someone disdainful of women, nor would my mother or sisters.

And I found you creepy and unbalanced, but I would not be so rude as to say it aloud. Since I've been provoked, I do.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's YOUR perspective and you ought to own it and take responsibility for it.

Take responsibility for making an INFORMED opinion based off of what you have posted.

Certainly. You post it. You own it.