Toxicity

Jewels-PiXie

I'm slightly disappointed that I have come across so much toxicity , mockery and trickery as a new member.
I have joined this site because I am curious , exploring and want to become more committed to God , but I find it really off-putting when some quite a few people seem to find it a joke or some kind of interview that I need to pass. I don't enjoy elitism and think we should treat each other as equals.
I'm just saying this because if this is the way new members usually get treated you are going to scare a lot away.:allsmile:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this is why we need new members
those who have been here years sort of take this for granted
we need to be reminded how uncivil we are
I actually think it has gotten better
but
I also think that I have been corrupted to some degree

most of us are sinners
you will soon find out who isn't

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I'm slightly disappointed that I have come across so much toxicity , mockery and trickery as a new member.
I have joined this site because I am curious , exploring and want to become more committed to God , but I find it really off-putting when some quite a few people seem to find it a joke or some kind of interview that I need to pass. I don't enjoy elitism and think we should treat each other as equals.
I'm just saying this because if this is the way new members usually get treated you are going to scare a lot away.:allsmile:

Hang in there Leftist. You'll be ok.

"We don't look down on people. We look down on values." ~ Dennis Prager Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have joined this site because I am curious , exploring and want to become more committed to God , but I find it really off-putting when some quite a few people seem to find it a joke or some kind of interview that I need to pass. I don't enjoy elitism and think we shoudl treat each other as equals.

It really depends on the member, their motive for joining the site and how thin skinned they are.

Personally speaking, I am glad I hung in here. There are some great people and a lot of diverse discussions.

Welcome and good luck.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
at first to protect myself
I had to rely on the ignore list
and
at one time I had over 70 on it
now
no one is on it
I have learned to ignore without the ignore list
mainly because
some cannot be put on the ignore list

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Welcome.

This can be a toxic place. It seems odd to be welcoming someone into toxicity but it's the reality. As Rusha said, there are some great people here - and there are also some really nasty people and more than a few who are disturbed to some degree. If you stay, it'll be because you found a way to deal with the negative and find some good in the positive.

And if nothing else, you can get in some good exercise by swimming against the tide. :)

GFR7

Of all the forums I have been on in the past 9 years, this one is the one which has the most nastiness, insults, judgment, sarcasm, and downright meanness - whether you are a new member or a veteran poster. And yes, I've seen newbies get scared off and leave - cannot say I blame them.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Of all the forums I have been on in the past 9 years, this one is the one which has the most nastiness, insults, judgment, sarcasm, and downright meanness - whether you are a new member or a veteran poster. And yes, I've seen newbies get scared off and leave - cannot say I blame them.

so why didn't you leave?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
My threads and commentary are first-rate. I am told this on other forums, just not here (actually, I do get wonderful support from a few intelligent posters here).

And you're so humble too. :)

Allow me to highlight your first-rate commentary:

250px--Blowing_a_raspberry.ogv.jpg

If you ever come to the New York City area to visit, you will know me by the pink bag I carry - NOT! :chuckle:

Spoiler
Screen-Shot-2014-11-17-at-4.29.58-PM.png

blowing-a-raspberry-smiley-emoticon.gif

GFR7

And you're so humble too. :)

Allow me to highlight your first-rate commentary:
Karl is the only one I post that way to - and he and I know why.

Funny you didn't pick out any of the intellectual posts from Public Discourse and Discussing Marriage - but then, you support the ruination of traditional marriage. :D