Town Quixote's

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
on Sunday

An early chrys appearance promised six more years of waffling...
fake news -
Smoke and mirrors.

- the hand is quicker than the eye
And nearly everyone is quicker than the alt right.

- now you see it - now you don't
Trump's promises/Trump's results.

- while you are watching the one hand - the other is doing its job -
Wash your hands thoroughly before leaving the restroom...or shaking hands with the president.

CS weighed in on Charlottesville...at about an ounce, ounce and a half...
As the “Unite the Right” crowd was dispersing, they were forced by the police into the path of the peace-loving, rock-throwing, fire-spraying antifa...That’s when protestor James Fields sped his car into a crowd of the counter-protesters, then immediately hit reverse, injuring dozens of people, and killing one woman, Heather Heyer. This has been universally labeled “terrorism,” but we still don’t know whether Fields hit the gas accidentally, was in fear for his life, or if he rammed the group intentionally and maliciously.
:plain: The fellow who loved Nazis and was abusive to his own mother might be a misunderstood victim in this? That's your go-to? Great.

With any luck, we’ll unravel Fields’ motives faster than it took the Obama administration to discern the motives of a Muslim shouting “Allahu Akbar!” while gunning down soldiers at Fort Hood. (Six years.)
And to further muddy the waters you're dragging a politicized version of the deaths of American servicemen from several years ago into it, along with the president and Muslims? Nice.

The media think they already know all there is to know about James Fields, but they also thought they knew all about the Duke lacrosse players, “gentle giant” Michael Brown, and those alleged gang-rapists at the University of Virginia.
It's one thing to take the word of one person against a number of people with no corroboration. This wasn't that.

Answered an excellent question...
I blame all sides and the neo-nazis and KKK specifically. However the counterprotesters certainly had their hand in the violence. What else could he say at this point? He said what needed to be said in my opinion. All sides should share the blame, specifically the neo-nazis and the KKK elements that started it all.
How about, instead, "Everyone who used violence except in self defense or the defense of others should be prosecuted and I condemn that conduct. That said, there is no moral equivalency between those who promote racist, separatist views and those who oppose them. Racism and the division it breeds is a cancer on the national soul and I fundamentally and without reservation condemn it."

Because the appearance of equivalence is both wrong and impactful. And that's what he did in between the more robotic reading of someone else's talking-point, cover-your-posterior boilerplate.

Or two...
Can politics really provide a solution to our problems, or is it the cause?
Is the law a solution for crime or is it the cause? The answer is that you can't legislate the right outcome for either, but you can use the power of both to move our understanding and make a better outcome more and more likely, so long as both are just.

And it was story time again...
Perhaps that was the case in one incident but it seems to me the vast majority of violence was started by antifa and BLM against the original protestors.
And yet, in support of that contention you only point to one incident.

My point is the CNN etc.. are saying it's ok that they started the violence because they believed they were fighting fascists.
I haven't seen or read that, so you'll have to direct me to verification on the point.
But he never did. :poly:

Then...
It's God's will that the uk an Europe be overrun with muzzies
Mighty alt-right of you. :plain:

Set out an answer to Trump's "Where does it end?" lament relating to the CONfederate monument removal...

For the president to seriously suggest an equivalence in advancing this domino theory [first Confederate monuments/later the Washington monument, etc.] is to compound his prior lapse of judgment and bring into further and serious question his ability to lead us through this dangerous period in American history, let alone unify his people.
He was probably watching Fox News before saying that. :plain:
Well, we know he probably wasn't reading a history book. :poly:

This has to be what my grandfather felt like when he watched men land on the moon...how is it possible? If in a completely different way, of course.

Then GM hit the head on the nail...or at least his own...
I just watched a video where a group of people was standing around the grave of a Confederate General and one of the guys was starting to dig up the corpse and asking for others to help him. The scene was worthy of a Steven King story or an Edgar Allen Poe short story. Is this what America is coming to?
Yes. That's exactly it, what you have to worry about. Americans all across this land travelling as if on pilgrimage to locate and dig up confederate generals. . . it may become more popular than soccer. :plain:

Will we continue to see the destruction of monuments/statues and the desecration of graves of people, long dead?
You should start a list commemorating the scores of disinterred Confederate generals so we can all ponder it with solemnity, head shaking, and a sense of ineffable loss.

I mean if there's ever an actual instance to report, of course..

Then dr was back, but not mostly...
LOL!!! Well I know what the civil war was about.....you can cite state declarations till the cows come home, and make excuses for Lincoln all you want. If that is what floats your boat...
Yes, dr, facts float my boat. What the men who launched that war said about why they launched it, by way of...but your creative revisionist take is fun too. :plain:

And PJ cornered the economical Mt. Rushmore with...
Confederate Generals -
Robert E. Lee
Stonewall Jackson
James Longstreet
Nathan Bedford Forrest
Which has the added benefit of doubling for: "Most Widely Commemorated Losers."

So that's a twofer right there. :thumb:

Before...
To bad facts are not on your side.
They not only are, you noted it when you dismissed the words of the states as they withdrew.

You just cant admit both sides were wrong can you for their own sins in this matter.
I have more than once noted the foibles and failures of our founders on the issue of slavery. I have been hard on the failures of Jefferson, Washington and others, have noted the enrichment of the North in the old molasses to rum to slave complicity.

But at the end of all that, we have one attempt to raise an expanding state predicated on the most degrading inhumanity visited on man, set against the end of it. Whatever the many faults and regardless of the disparate motives involved, there is in that end an absolute good set against an absolute evil.

And only the ignorant or willfully errant will play the tune of moral equivalence in that dance. You don't belong on that side of things, dr. You never did.

So sue me. I'm an optimist.

Tomorrow? Troubles and who has them, history lessons, and a whole lot of white noise...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
on Tuesday

aCW took a step back with...
It just so happens that there are many homosexuals within the white supremacist movement.
:think: Were that true at least their outfits would look better, so you lost me there.

Things got serious with kmo...
What sacred honor and what would the South rising again look like?
Probably something like...
Spoiler

giphy.gif

Got to know the new guy better...

You must be the most unracist person to ever live.
...I grew up being taken care of by two of the best people I've ever known. Junior kept our grounds and Bell, his wife, was my nanny. Once I came home from a first week at school using an unfamiliar word, using it to scorn my older brother, because the word had seemed to light a fire under friends who met it. Bell heard me use it and I saw something in her eyes that educated me before I knew exactly what I'd done. I loved that woman.

I don't give a tinker's damn what you make of that, PJ. Or how or why you judge me on the point.

You're such a great man.
No, just a very lucky one. I'd wish it on anyone.

You wouldn't be caught dead living in a black or slightly black neighborhood
I spent nearly all of my legal career and most of any given day working for and among the poorest black people you'll never meet. It's okay to be ignorant, PJ, but only if you don't let it rule you and you mean to cure it.

Considered the monument conversation...
A good friend of mine said to me that there are more important things going on in the world to trouble and move us than 100 year old statues.

And I said, "But isn't it good that we never have to choose between being compassionate or just, fair or kind, or between the lesser and greater of goods, that we can do every good we can do, the great and the small in turn. And each of them, every one of them, is a service to God."
So he told me to go hang myself. I left that part off the feel better version. :plain:

Had better luck with WoZ...so far...:noid:
George Washington owned slaves. Should we tear monuments to him down? I think that's the point he's trying to make (without reading too much into what he said).
He's making a bad point then, WoZ. A friend of mine said that to me the other day. I reminded him that the monuments to Washington and Jefferson aren't in support or recognition of their status as slave owners. They're about a nation's gratitude for service in the founding and preservation of the Republic.

The statues of Confederate generals serve something else, the effort to preserve and advance slavery. We shouldn't memorialize that institution or service to it.

And now...a baby's response to Trump's Charlottesville speech in real time.

fcEe3L.gif

Before CS rode in on his own dead horse to take Lee's place...
I don't know of any monuments to evil being taken down.
Your ignorance isn't a point of debate.
Though to be fairer to Lee, at least he knew better, even if he didn't act on it.

Then GM had a wicked post in his blog...
The Police in Boston had to clash with a bunch of mixed Thugs such as Antifa, and Black Lives Matter today.
27 arrests out of what they estimate was around 40k people.

To put GM's figure and peculiar attempt to taint the people there opposing the racist White Nationalist rally in perspective, the Chargers get around 25 arrests on average during game day at the stadium.

So two more arrests than that. :plain:

This image from Yahoo more accurately portrays the utter turmoil that GM is talking about...
Spoiler

d677ed00cc48d16b57a245561df6a72e

And the new kid said...

Too bad you have trouble finding and understanding the truth
Pick one of the truths and debate me or you're just white noise.

Nobody can debate you because you twist it to look like you won every time. :chuckle:
Ah, your dog ate your homework. :plain:

Why does it have to be "white" noise?
Because I have a sense of humor.

Tomorrow? Not so viva some differences, the usual suspects defend the indefensible (either), and the Alt Right defenders prove that manufacturing is a long way from dead in this country.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Do me a favor Elton, don't use my posts in your self absorbed thread here. This thread's only purpose is feed your massive ego, to make you look witty and funny with superior intelligence as you belittle others. I don't want friends like you, control freaks with left wing agendas

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Do me a favor Elton...
I just stopped reading there... Look, it's simple. If someone calls you a loathsome thing and I'm silent I'm not much of a friend to you. If someone does it and I encourage it, I'm no friend at all...to either of you and everyone is better off where they should be on the point.

That simple really. Take care of yourself. I'm glad you culled the profanity, if it was here. Wherever it was you were noting. That's a good thing.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Weird. Mostly PJ reps me and enjoyed his inclusion in the thread he's turned an about face to...anyway, I'd rather you take one stand or another. No more public insults and private apologies. No rep one week and demand another. And the Elton bit. I already did you a favor. I hope you see that one of these. In the meantime, take care of yourself.
I AM sorry for how you deserve to be treated. It seems you've been coddled all your life

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do me a favor Elton, don't use my posts in your self absorbed thread here. This thread's only purpose is feed your massive ego, to make you look witty and funny with superior intelligence as you belittle others. I don't want friends like you, control freaks with left wing agendas
hehe!
That's his MO.
Like a wife batterer he says he has nothing against you, while slapping you around and telling you it's all your fault.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
hehe!
That's his MO.
Like a wife batterer he says he has nothing against you, while slapping you around and telling you it's all your fault.
You're like the girl who can't say no to an opportunity to talk about me, aren't you...

Nice analogy. Way to turn personal spite into a trivializing comparison with something serious, damaging and meaningful.

You're a peach.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ignore me.
Simple.
She said, jumping up and down in front of me. :think:

Though it is a step up from
A hate-filled slanderous piece of filth
Pathetic low class loser.
pathetic slanderous loser...severely twisted mind...slanderous twisted mind.
rock bottom...darkened heart.
hateful one...Pathetic.
You lowlife scum.
Vomit out...slander...Worthlessness.
you piece of filth.
you piece of trash.
you slanderous slimeball
You are all of those things.

And that was just...Tuesday. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This month has seen a flurry of Wraps. If you missed them

The most recent Wrap link (and there are three or four right before it) for those who stop in to, you know, read it. :thumb: