Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I was gone for over three weeks.
Did you stop posting? :think:

Some people wondered where I was
Did they start a thread?

And
It's funny for a woman to say anything about somebody being the center of the universe.
Not if it's your universe...about as unusual as a homosexual saying they're the center of aCW's.
I think a lot of you are born with that assumption of yourselves :rotfl:
You know who laughs uproariously at their own shtick? The only person who's likely to.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
~Story Time~
It's your post, so that seems a bit redundant.

Pretending they hadn't secretly awaited his return,
Like a child longs for summer, or a grammarian an eraser...assuming you wrote this in pencil, of course.

they immediately noticed his first posts in weeks
A bit like taking your clothes off in public and declaring the interest of passers by...it's a popular thread. If you post in it people will see it. Enjoy the novelty. :eek:

and,
in excitement, liberally responded.
Did you come up with that on the spot or have you been waiting to use it?

As with many others, they too prefer diversity even if it goes against certain doctrine and ideology.
But this was a locked away thing,
like a door with a devil behind it which no one dared acknowledge.
He sometimes felt his whispers were louder than screams, and thus it was shown as he sought to speak of the beast behind the wall
I'd translate that, but I'm not going to. :nono:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm quoted so often in it- I demand royalties :plain:
I'd compensate you, but all the money from this thing goes to the Women's Defense Fund. And they thank you for your generous contributions...well, contributions anyway.

Guess I won't be seeing you at the book signing then :idunno:
I'd settle for you seeing me here first. :eek:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
Saturday Edition

Tet came staggering into the NBA thread...I think he was trying to hand check...
The Warriors would beat the 96' Bulls 4-0
Finally, something you are less objective about than football. :eek:

Trads homage to racist political science continued...
Black presidents have ruined America
:nono: Dead presidents have ruined America.

And with his help even....
"We ought to send 'em all back to Africa. We ought to send 'em all back to Africa..." And then build a wall.
Why would you build a wall in Africa?

Ideally, Trump should also get rid of Muslims, liberals, transgendered persons, and homos.
That's one way to get seniority at the university, I suppose. Add tree-huggers and you'll be dean by the end of the week. :plain:

Then TomO said...
Yeah!....And pull up your pants! ....Or does that go along with ruining America? :confused:
I think that's more ruining fashion...or 40 times.

Worked on the finer points of lever pulling with Tim...
Thanks! There are a lot of people to vote for besides Hillary and Trump.
Which is the same as voting for Trump?
Not voting for Gary Johnson is voting for Hillary and Trump. :banana:
So voting for Gary Johnson would be the same as...trombone lessons?

I'm trying to get on board with the nuance. :think:

While in the sayings thread...
"Well, if that doesn't beat the bacon off the postman's cap!" Not sure of the origin, but I think it's Finnished...that is to say a phrase popularized by dying Finns.

Before theo asked me...
What part of "no" don't you understand?
:think: The preposition?

Had a chat with AB about SD's problematic inconsistency...
Proof please...

Oh, you provided it!
Yeah. It's "Proof please" until you give it and then it's the ol "Not about me".

That's some gag. :think:

That's kinda original around here at the minute...
Who would ever have thought that word would be associated with SD?

As for SD's site I would posit there's a letter missing from it...

:eek:
Well...then it would be catchy, wouldn't it. :plain: :)

While in the S. Ct. Marriage thread...
I'd ask for your position, but I don't want to be misconstrued. :plain:

People. Tomorrow? :think: Go to church.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
Ye Olde Humpe Day Edition

:think:

Trad was up to his regular hilarious hijinks...and by hijinks I mean, of course, racists horse-hockey...
The problem here isn't guns. It's Muslims.
Most murders in this country aren't committed by Muslims.

We need to send them back to Africa and build a wall. It's that simple.
Most Muslims aren't from Africa.

The dude has a brown name.
Does your bronze subscription make you uneasy with yourself? :plain:

Then DR surprised me with...
This was a muslim terror attack.
No, it was an act of terror committed by a Muslim. There's no Muslim, Inc. He isn't an agent representing Islam.

Before doubling down...
Wrong. Muslim. Terrorism. And he had previously declared allegiance to IS and IS afterwards acknowledged him as their member.
Saying something wrong but more slowly doesn't correct the problem I spoke to...if your above is correct on his actions and adoption, then at best you could say he is a Muslim with connections to Islamic extremists. They don't speak for Islam, only for their narrow and violent interpretation and application of it, so my point stands.

There's that idealism of yours shining through loud and clear. At some point you have got to stop treating Musim potential immigrants the same as Hindu potential immigrants. Yeah, just do a criminality check, background check on known associates, parents, etc. Ok. Pass. Come on in. It doesn't work. It's not rational at all.
It's irrational to treat the exception as a rule and to make a law that does so is worse than irrational. My idealism is rooted in a respect for the premise of our law, the thing that makes it superior to Sharia, by way of..

While in the realm political...
I now know a person in real life who's voting for Trump. Who told me I "have to vote for Trump."...He also told me (vehemently) that if Hillary wins, that her first plan of action is to get us into a war with Russia, because that's what the new world order people have planned.:plain:

I mean, where do you go with that? I'm used to seeing that kind of thing online - hearing it in person is a little more surreal.
What's the hat situation like? Or, was he standing in a doorway denying you entry while darting his eyes repeatedly to one side or the other when he made the statement?

If so, I may have a clarifying insight. :think: Which, when you think about it, is about time.

AB had a word about Cruc's crusade...
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Arthur Brain
Whereas you effectively say very little and when read even less...
It's odd. You'd think someone saying one thing over and over would get better at saying it, eventually. :plain:

Which brought some flowers into full bloom...
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Crucible
Speak for yourselves.
There's only one of me...:think:...how many you got in there?

I address and break down the issue. You all just sit there, every time, like so: "Rape is bad, rape is bad, it makes me mad, it makes me sad- rapists are big meanies, it's never the woman's fault!"
Well, no. But it was a lovely impression of...your idea of someone. Can you do Nixon?

Yeah, who the hell wants to sit there and go through that same process every time the 'R' word is mentioned?
:think: A police officer?

Here's an even better question. An observation, really: why do you think the subject is brought up so much
Which subject, rape or your women are bad harangue? I wonder if your answering machine message goes: "You've reached the [...] residence. I'm not home right now, but if you'll leave your name, number and a brief message at the beep I'll get back to you with an extensive diatribe on the evils of women that'll curl your hair. Thanks for calling. Beep."

And I'm not entirely certain that beep was mechanical...or that you own an answering machine. :plain:

Back in Trad's racist bit...
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by patrick jane
Town Heretic has ruined America
I swear it was that way when I found it. :plain:

Chrys stepped into the Trump thread to wag a finger...which, we can only speculate...
you can fool some of the people all the time
And just enough every four years.

So Cruc decided...
...you all are in denial about the problem. Or, under a spell- a very feminine spell :rolleyes:
I don't believe in magic. Though I do believe in magicians. . . I even enjoy their performances. But you need a new trick, that isn't a rabbit or a hat you're pulling it out of. :plain:

Trad returned to sum...
...In case I'm being too subtle:
I'm mostly amazed you can spell it.

Ship every non-Christian, non-white, non-socially conservative person in this country back to Africa. Maybe then we can start recovering, as a nation, from the horrible trends that we've been facing since the unfortunate end of the civil war.
The most unfortunate thing associated with that war is how many people failed to understand its lessons or profit from the wisdom produced by the suffering and struggle of so many. In case you missed the point of that I mean people like you...for all your education your understanding and rhetoric are indistinguishable on the point from some similarly ignorant cracker pulling potatoes in a field.

1. I'm sorry, I fail to see how this prevents us from shipping them back there... :p
Nothing other than a lack of means and ability prevents any man from doing something stupid...and you're making a fine case that even that isn't necessarily a bar.

Tomorrow? :think: More. And what could be American?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
-it is past noon on the right coast

-so what is for lunch?

-tuna fish, onions, green olives, miracle whip, and lettuce

-sounds good

-it really is

-so where have you been?

-working on a project

-can you talk about it?

-it is about family history

-ancestry?

-genealogy

-have you joined ancestry.com?

-no

-why not?

-I am on a fixed income and I want to remain anonymous

theophilus

-it is past noon on the right coast

-so what is for lunch?

-tuna fish, onions, green olives, miracle whip, and lettuce

-sounds good

-it really is

-so where have you been?

-working on a project

-can you talk about it?

-it is about family history

-ancestry?

-genealogy

-have you joined ancestry.com?

-no

-why not?

-I am on a fixed income and I want to remain anonymous

Hey chrys,

Did you mis-place your own thread where you usually put these intuitions?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Reposting this because Chrys appears to have wandered in here looking for his thread and will at some point likely delete the error. :chuckle:

[FONT=&quot]The Wrap
Ye Olde Humpe Day Edition[/FONT]

:think:

Trad was up to his regular hilarious hijinks...and by hijinks I mean, of course, racists horse-hockey...
The problem here isn't guns. It's Muslims.
Most murders in this country aren't committed by Muslims.

We need to send them back to Africa and build a wall. It's that simple.
Most Muslims aren't from Africa.

The dude has a brown name.
Does your bronze subscription make you uneasy with yourself? :plain:

Then DR surprised me with...
This was a muslim terror attack.
No, it was an act of terror committed by a Muslim. There's no Muslim, Inc. He isn't an agent representing Islam.

Before doubling down...
Wrong. Muslim. Terrorism. And he had previously declared allegiance to IS and IS afterwards acknowledged him as their member.
Saying something wrong but more slowly doesn't correct the problem I spoke to...if your above is correct on his actions and adoption, then at best you could say he is a Muslim with connections to Islamic extremists. They don't speak for Islam, only for their narrow and violent interpretation and application of it, so my point stands.

There's that idealism of yours shining through loud and clear. At some point you have got to stop treating Musim potential immigrants the same as Hindu potential immigrants. Yeah, just do a criminality check, background check on known associates, parents, etc. Ok. Pass. Come on in. It doesn't work. It's not rational at all.
It's irrational to treat the exception as a rule and to make a law that does so is worse than irrational. My idealism is rooted in a respect for the premise of our law, the thing that makes it superior to Sharia, by way of..

While in the realm political...
I now know a person in real life who's voting for Trump. Who told me I "have to vote for Trump."...He also told me (vehemently) that if Hillary wins, that her first plan of action is to get us into a war with Russia, because that's what the new world order people have planned.:plain:

I mean, where do you go with that? I'm used to seeing that kind of thing online - hearing it in person is a little more surreal.
What's the hat situation like? Or, was he standing in a doorway denying you entry while darting his eyes repeatedly to one side or the other when he made the statement?

If so, I may have a clarifying insight. :think: Which, when you think about it, is about time.

AB had a word about Cruc's crusade...
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Arthur Brain
Whereas you effectively say very little and when read even less...
It's odd. You'd think someone saying one thing over and over would get better at saying it, eventually. :plain:

Which brought some flowers into full bloom...
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Crucible
Speak for yourselves.
There's only one of me...:think:...how many you got in there?

I address and break down the issue. You all just sit there, every time, like so: "Rape is bad, rape is bad, it makes me mad, it makes me sad- rapists are big meanies, it's never the woman's fault!"
Well, no. But it was a lovely impression of...your idea of someone. Can you do Nixon?

Yeah, who the hell wants to sit there and go through that same process every time the 'R' word is mentioned?
:think: A police officer?

Here's an even better question. An observation, really: why do you think the subject is brought up so much
Which subject, rape or your women are bad harangue? I wonder if your answering machine message goes: "You've reached the [...] residence. I'm not home right now, but if you'll leave your name, number and a brief message at the beep I'll get back to you with an extensive diatribe on the evils of women that'll curl your hair. Thanks for calling. Beep."

And I'm not entirely certain that beep was mechanical...or that you own an answering machine. :plain:

Back in Trad's racist bit...
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by patrick jane
Town Heretic has ruined America
I swear it was that way when I found it. :plain:

Chrys stepped into the Trump thread to wag a finger...which, we can only speculate...
you can fool some of the people all the time
And just enough every four years.

So Cruc decided...
...you all are in denial about the problem. Or, under a spell- a very feminine spell :rolleyes:
I don't believe in magic. Though I do believe in magicians. . . I even enjoy their performances. But you need a new trick, that isn't a rabbit or a hat you're pulling it out of. :plain:

Trad returned to sum...
...In case I'm being too subtle:
I'm mostly amazed you can spell it.

Ship every non-Christian, non-white, non-socially conservative person in this country back to Africa. Maybe then we can start recovering, as a nation, from the horrible trends that we've been facing since the unfortunate end of the civil war.
The most unfortunate thing associated with that war is how many people failed to understand its lessons or profit from the wisdom produced by the suffering and struggle of so many. In case you missed the point of that I mean people like you...for all your education your understanding and rhetoric are indistinguishable on the point from some similarly ignorant cracker pulling potatoes in a field.

1. I'm sorry, I fail to see how this prevents us from shipping them back there... :p
Nothing other than a lack of means and ability prevents any man from doing something stupid...and you're making a fine case that even that isn't necessarily a bar.

Tomorrow? :think: More. And what could be American?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
For Fish Taco Friday

Continued the extra mile with Trad...
You can keep insisting that Islam does not exist outside of the practice of individual muslims
Rather, Islam exists outside of the myopic focus you're attempting to use to define it.

keep ignoring the fact that innocent white people and Christians keep getting killed by muslims.
A lot of people have been killed by radical Islam. Most of the victims have been neither white nor Christian.

You keep doing that. But I'll likely be voting for Trump.
Somewhere, Hillary smiled in her sleep.

Touche! Ever the lawyerly wit. :p
It's mostly a trial lawyer thing. Tax, contract, corporate...they're about as wry as Wonder Bread.

While in the padlocked racist thread...
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by TomO
Ahhh....The old "He who smelt it; dealt it." criminology theory. :think:
Normally you'd have to attend Princeton Law for that demonstrable acumen...or be elected to Congress.

I'd tip my hat to you if I could only pry it from my head. :plain:

Causing CS to suggest...
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ClimateSanity He is here to be a joker and ridicule everyone who makes a serious post.
Do you mean that theoretically or have you seen one? :think:

Cruc continued to bang on his drum all day...
...women are disproportionately the antagonizing influence or, even the reason, for a lot of that violence.
Blame the victim? If you can't manage better than that you should stop trying.

Men build the world and die doing it.
And then they just give it away to...well, no. Then what do you want, a cookie? :chew:

So how do women get off on having more advantage within it
They don't gizmo. If you'd been paying attention when I was citing to authority you'd recall which sex was disproportionately poor and victimized by the other (hint: it wasn't men).

Then...
And from what I've seen of domestic assault, the man goes to jail and can't even return to his own house until court months later- plenty of time for the wife to do all manner of screwed up, sheisty things.
I know this won't make sense to you, but a man who beats his wife shouldn't be allowed to return home absent consent on the part of the injured party and the only demonstrable screw up is him.

And finally...
When you've paved a golden road that a woman can skip down if she wants to just get up and abandon her marriage
Few people "just want to get up and abandon" their marriages. There are reasons they married. There are reasons they divorce.

It's not 'abuse', it's what the Bible teaches- a patriarchy.
What you're attempting is to misuse/abuse scripture. A man who is following Biblical teaching on how to treat his wife isn't going to find himself crashing through a door after her, putting her in fear of her safety and finding himself admonished from the bench.

Do you think God would have stood for this nonsense today between the sexes?
The answer is very simple- hell no.
I think you have no working understanding of the obligations of love or of a husband to his wife.

Said of anna's note to Trad...
Your repeated jokey (but not funny) racist comments are WAY worn out, trad. Seriously. As long as you keep making them, I'm going to recommend white sheets to match.
The last time he had a real point he was wearing it. :plain:

Met SD's demand with an on topic critique of her approach to the topic...that she promptly side stepped to continue to talk about other things and talking about the topic...which she wouldn't then do...
:yawn: This thread is not about me. This thread is about the Just-a-System
This thread is too often (and entirely, as you use it) an illustration of the inherent danger in approaching a statistically driven topic without any apparent understanding of the methodology involved.

Do you have any idea how many cases are adjudicated in this country every year?

Juvenile courts alone handle over 1.7 million cases. If 99% of the time the courts made the right decision that would still leave 17 thousand cases where something went wrong.

In other words, a system that was nearly perfect would leave anyone who wanted to confuse that near perfect rule with the exception thousands of cases to complain about.

We have a great system. You simply have to be able to distinguish the rule from the exception.

So, naturally enough, SD tried one of her older favorites...
I'm not here here to teach you logic
You can't teach what you don't know....let's see what you really want to talk about.

That's what it seemed like to me, too. :)

Said to a friend about those who use the idea of faith the way others use a gun...
Christendom will survive them all because Christ will always out last and overcome the hatred of those who attempt to use his suffering to make more.

That seems a good place to stop...or a better one to begin...tomorrow then. :e4e:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Massive storm hits and takes out power for two days, tornado up the road sabotages the cable for three days...
Plenty of time to sink the teeth in, right :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
Hump Day Edition

Things were crackling in the Trump thread...
Aww, come on, he's a nice guy. He wants to do good
But can he do well? :think: That's the real question.

And...
I didn't vote for Trump in the primaries, but a record number of voters did. The most likely reason is anger with the establishment in Washington.
And the absence of sobriety checkpoints near polling places. :plain:

Then Theo floored me in the Orlando thread...
The "Welcome" sign on the bottom of the Statue of Liberty:"

"Give me your tired, your poor..."

11 generations ago that's how I got here.
Great post, but I had no idea you were that old. :think:

Tried Trad's patience and found it guilty of loitering...or littering the joint with nonsense...
If our country were relatively socially, culturally, religiously, etc. homogeneous, we wouldn't have these kinds of problems.
We're too big and to diverse a people. Even within largely similar markers we have histories of sometimes violent divisions, as the Catholic and Protestant did in Europe for generations.

If blacks weren't around, for example, the Rodney King riots, e.g., would not have occurred, nor would we have to suffer the uppity members of the BLM movement.
The same thing would be as likely if you and yours weren't around.

And given racists make up the minority of our population, perhaps you should be sponsoring a "Send us to...anywhere we can form an enclave" petition. I mean, given your position on minorities you should be among the last to believe you're entitled to muscle the rest of us.

But wouldn't you know...and shouldn't he...
Get rid of the minorities, and you get rid of that particular problem. There are still other problems, but not as many.
You get rid of any number of people and you reduce the number of problems.

Again, compare white on black violent crime to black on white violent crimes.
According to the FBI, in 2015 out of every 100 white victims of violent crime, 13 would be at the hands of blacks, 56 at the hands of other whites. If you were black, 10 would be attributable from whites and 62 from blacks. That's not exactly a huge difference, is it.

Note further that my comments should not be construed as racist in the ideological sense, nor should they be considered as offensive to any black people in particular.
A bit like me saying something direct about your ancestry and then telling you it's a purely genetic speculation and you shouldn't be offended.

On his status as a minority member:
Is that even true?
Sure. You're a minority member. It just never occurred to you that most others weren't. That's why it was possible to elect a black president. That literally couldn't have happened a couple of generations ago.
What are your criteria for being a racist?
It isn't my definition. Buy a dictionary.

What polls/statistics have you looked at to confirm this?
Supra by way of illustration. In 1968, according to GALLUP, less than 20% of the U.S. population approved of interracial couples. By 2013 that figure was 87% and if you looked at the younger people, cutting off at 29, it was 97%. Huge generational sea change in this country since the Civil Rights Movement.

We must segregate.
Get a time machine or just stand around griping about it until you die, dinosaur. It's not going to happen.

The dinosaur part, I mean.

"Now we don't want no integration. Whites and [racial slur censored] must not mix. Every place that's ever tried it wound up in an awful fix" (from the song Lyndon, Lyndon).

"Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world. Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world." My song beats your song all to heck and back. :)

Meanwhile, after offering insult to anna, DR was searching for reason to be counted among the insulted...of all things...
It is quite simple. Making ad hominem remarks and personal judgements in a debate is unreasonable. However, it is common amongst judgemental people.
Everyone is judgmental and most of us get a little personal now and then...so it's common among people. That's why you're comfortable inferring I'm judgmental and how you said what you did to anna.

"gives the appearance" is a judgement on your part. "You were doing more than simply observing from the outside" is the same.
Agreed. But it's also hard to miss. I'm betting anna didn't. Or, tell me what's objective and impersonal about telling her that she must love Muslims, etc.

Just because I point out a fact doesn't mean I have a bias. Judgementalism owns you.
:plain: That's how it always is, DR. The other guy is judgmental. We're just giving informed opinion.

All you had to do was say 'sorry, didn't mean it like that'
I did say I wasn't calling you dishonest. Twice. I don't tend to apologize for not doing what someone thought I was doing when I wasn't doing it, unless I agree with the judgment, think it's reasonable to mistake me on the point. I think you took an inference that you were bias blinkered or playing coy in the worst possible way and I don't think that's reasonable. But I am sorry you saw it like that.

While kmo was considering...
Trump wants to profile.
I've seen his profile. It's not that great. :nono: Same goes for the idea.

CS was exercising a blinding bit of bias...
...Every statement you direct my way has no reason other than to humiliate me. If not, why are they humiliating?
By that token your remarks are not to be taken seriously. That must be it given it's impossible to take them that way, really. :think: Neat trick.

Tomorrow? The finest minds of the fourth century engage me on race and gender inequity, or the plight of the ol white male. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap: Sports Bonus

Charles Barkley recently revealed his pick for the five greatest basketball players of all time. It was mostly comprised of centers, which seemed a little arbitrary and unfair to me, but it had me considering who my top five players were at each position and I thought I'd take the slower summer season around here to stretch the usual TQ business.

So here's my top five at each position on the NBA floor.

PG:

1. Magic Johnson - arguably the greatest NBA player of all time, he could play every position at an elite level. Ridiculously talented and the possessor of absurd passing skills.

2. Oscar Robertson - profoundly gifted king of the triple double.

3. John Stockton - led the league in assists for nine straight years. Underrated on the defensive side.

4. Isiah Thomas - deadly scorer, great court sense and ball distribution.

5. Steph Curry - best shooter at the position with real defensive prowess. At this stage of an already impressive career he's this good, which is scary.

SG:

1. Michael Jordan - best combination of offense and defense the sport has ever seen.

2. Kobe Bryant - the next best thing to happen to the position outside of Jordan. Talented, relentless scorer who could and defend at an elite level.

3. Jerry West - ruthless, willful player who switched to point guard then promptly led the league in assists. So good he won a finals MVP while on the losing team.

4. Clyde Drexler - arguably better stats than Kobe, outside of pts, but lacked whatever the something is that distinguished the top three from the field. Tremendous ball player. Just a shade off the fellows above him.

5. Dwayne Wade - an amazing shot blocker at guard, talented scorer who played strong defensively and could adjust his game and ego on the fly. Without a series of injuries that took some of the edge off of his game he might be higher on this list.

SF:

1. LeBron James - he's Pippen plus in terms of physical skills and has as sound a basketball mind as I've seen. Much as I hate to elevate anyone over my number two, it has to be done.

2. Larry Bird - not the most physically gifted athlete of his or any time, but his mental game is unparalleled and his toughness and will are a match for anyone at any position on this list. Gifted shooter who had a knack for elevating his teammates.

3. Elgin Baylor - Tremendous scorer and the best rebounder at the position. Lived in the shadow of Chamberlain. Herald of the modern play at the position.

4. Scottie Pippen - led the Jordan deprived Bulls to fifty plus wins despite missing a dozen games to injury. Arguably the best physical specimen after James. Underrated scorer and a deadly defender.

5. Kevin Durant - good enough to edge Dr. J, he could surpass at least two of the men on this list before he's done.

PF:

1. Tim Duncan - "The Big Fundamental" isn't flashy, but he's Russell at his position, if with more physical skills.

2. Charles Barkley - it's ridiculous that an undersized knucklehead who only took real care of his body late in his career was good enough to earn this position. Never lost a battle to a big in his prime. Owned the paint and expanded his game as his physical peak declined.

3. Karl Malone - put Charles' head on that body and he might have surpassed Jordan in the argument for greatest of all time. But even if Malone didn't always display the killer instinct of the men above him, he was a mighty figure in the league. 11 first-team NBA seasons. Second highest scorer in NBA history.

4. Kevin Garnett - led his team in just about everything and for most years, which is remarkable when you consider every team they played knew he was going to have to do it all and couldn't really stop him. Won a ring past his peak when he finally had some talent to help. Put him on a contender in his prime and he'd probably be higher on this list.

5. Dirk Nowitzki - a shot so sweet it changed the big position play and focus. The closest thing to Bird that Europe (or most anywhere else) has produced.

C:

1. Jabbar - did it better, longer than anyone. The quality of his production over time merits the placement, even if others were better for a shorter span. What Kareem did remains unprecedented at his position.

2. Chamberlain - they changed the rules because of him. Probably the best rebounder and scorer of all time during his prime.

3. Olajuwon - a "baby Jordan" capable of taking over a game defensively and offensively. He was Bill Russell with offensive skills. But he rarely had anything like Russell's supporting casts and had to settle for a short run at rings at his peak.

4. O'Neal - unstoppable in the paint, completely stoppable at the free throw line.

5. Russell - offensively never among the best, his mental game and defensive genius were a mirror of Bird on offense. Winningest big of all time.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
On Sunday

Continued to note that a little ignorance is like a little cancer...
[redacted, offensive, juvenile term for blacks] commit way more violent crimes against whites, numerically speaking, than the other way around.
Line up 100 of each color and you'd have three more out of that one hundred as the difference.

Which is why protestants and Catholics are constantly committing terrorist attacks on each other in the US nowadays.
...Again, I'm illustrating that folly of your premise. It wasn't people of other cultures that caused a war that decimated Europe. They managed it all on their own.

On the reliability of polling
That doesn't prove anything.
It proves a number of things, beginning with a dramatic shift in the general population relative to interracial couples. The election of the President is another indicator, as is the number of people who self describe as racist and the shrinkage of their memberships.

Depending on the phrasing of the question...Not to mention the observer effect (or whatever it's called). How honest do you expect racists to be on polls?
Another thing this demonstrates is you don't have any background in statistics and polling. You can actually predict the reliable nature of the data. Haven't you ever wondered what the plus/minus was all about. Hint: that's what it was all about.

To sum up: "Most people 'approve' (whatever that means)of interracial marriages" doesn't demonstrate that most people are not racists.
It would be a very odd racist who would find interracial couples socially acceptable. And, again, the remarkable evolution of that trend speaks to it in part.

A cursory google search told me that a strong minority, if not the majority, of people in this country consider racism a "problem," whatever that means.
Doesn't impact my point. Another encouraging poll shows that when asked to list the least desirable neighbor less than 5% of people in our nation indicated a racially motivated objection, putting our response among the most progressive of nations on race in the world.

Cruc was busy with domestic apologetics...
He was penalized for what many women routinely do if they lose their temper.
Women routinely pursue their husbands to a bathroom and force the door open into them? Because that's what got him in trouble.

We've expected men to be greater than human in their patience
If you honestly think it takes greater than human patience to not follow your wife to a bathroom and force the door open, etc. you either have serious impulse control issues or questionable judgement, or both.

And...
When putting some sense back into an out of control person,
That's Cruc's euphemism for battery, which is against the law.

in your own home no less
Also illegal to violate the law in your own home (and hers).

warrants a criminal prosecution
Yes, a battery warrants criminal prosecution if the facts sustain the charge. The police will record evidence, the D.A.'s office will examine the evidence and if the matter goes to trial the trier of fact will determine the outcome.

then there is an oppressive nature within the law.
Absolutely, for criminals.

Retreating at last to the near inevitable...
Cool story.
I never cease to be amazed by what passes for wit in some circles. Or how some circles pass for wit.

Took my best shot in the "Best Movie Villain" thread...
Mr. Potter...how many movie villains not only live by the end of the movie, but come out thousands of dollars ahead? :mmph:

Addressed another broad brush in aCW's...
Homosexuality provides a propensity to commit mass/serial murder.
Odd. Propensity is defined as "a strong natural tendency to do something" (Merriam-Webster).

I'll wait while the implications sink in.

But let's overlook that because heterosexuals commit crimes.
They commit most of them. But who in their right mind would associate their sexuality with that?

And what statistical support for that could be found?

Liberal logic has the integrity of a sand castle in a hurricane.
If true it must have blown into the eyes of and blinded their arch-conservative brethren. :think:

Noted in someone's sad attempt to mischaracterize the justice system thread...
I believe there were around a million and a half restraining orders issued last year relating to domestic violence. And studies demonstrate that around 80% of the time people actually obey the order. That means that the system, working as intended, safeguarded around a million people last year, separating abusive spouses and others from their victims.

:thumb:

Talked the politics of gender...
'Suffragettes' homes brainwashed their daughters, and it grew over time.
Suffragettes wanted the right the Constitution promised citizens, the right to vote, to be heard through the process that was premised in equality before the law. As with minorities, we failed the principle and, as with minorities, it had to be fought for and obtained through struggle.

That's not a 'movement
Rather, that's precisely what it is, a social movement. As Merriam Webster would have the usage:

b: a series of organized activities working toward an objective; also: an organized effort to promote or attain an end <the civil rights movement> Merriam Webster

Why should a man be involved in that lunacy?
A question that comes to mind each time I read you. :plain:

Tomorrow? ...you know, the usual stuff, same ol crowd. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
Friday Edition

Cruc was Crucing about...
The fundamental meaning of 'rape' means 'to seize'.
Rape is sex without consent.

Now, let's say a wife comes home, and she does not want to have sex but the husband forcibly insists. Would that be rape by the technical sense?
No, it would be rape in every sense.

Yes. But is it rape in the sense of her being assaulted?
You still don't understand the definition of assault either. You mean battery, which would also not be a necessary part of what constitutes a rape, though many rapes do involve both assault and battery.

No- it is an inconvenience wrought on by her husband.
:plain: That statement alone, the sheer magnitude of its ignorance should qualify you for Congress.

So into went out of his way...
When man talks woman shuts up
Pretend you're a woman and men are talking.

Before Cruc rushed in with another...
The fact of the matter is that a husband forcing sex on his wife is no worse than her withholding sex for control.
So in his world refusing to have sex is the same as insisting on sex against someone's will.

It's like he's writing in English until you actually put it together in your head and then you have to think, "No, that can't be it...really?"

The sex is not assault, but an inconvenience
This is what comes from basing a rule on second-hand anecdotal experience. :plain:

An assault is putting someone in reasonable fear of a battery. Sex shouldn't be that, unless you're really, really bad at it.

Began an amiable difference with SH on...
Exactly what makes separation from your version of deity problematic? Did it matter before you existed? If it didn't, what makes oblivion (nonexistence) after this life any different than the oblivion (nonexistence) you "experienced" before you were born?
If you don't exist after death there will be no worry in it, but everything in our makeup compels us to survive, to propagate and continue in any way that we can. It's a biological imperative. It's a psychological one too.

One of the problems with atheism is that it is by nature defeatist, imagining or accepting the worst possible outcome of existence, that it's finite and without a larger purpose. That runs contrary to even a cursory study of man's nature.

Did nonexistence matter to you before you lived? If not, why should it be a worry for you after you die? Are you just that afraid of death?
It's irrational to not be afraid of death if you're an atheist and equally irrational to fear it if you aren't. Everyone fears the nature of their death, which doesn't tend to be pleasant.

So Cruc nudged me to comment on one of SD's tangled skeins trying to coax something sinister out of training for the enforcement side of the judiciary...
Nah, police and court officials are all perfect, ain't that right @Town Heretic

:rolleyes:
Unlike you and the frequently banned one, lawyers don't eschew continuing education...or education in general. Sounds like a good idea. It's easy to become jaded when you're in the trenches over time. Prosecutors are human, just like judges.

Good for them. :thumb:

Then SD managed, and without a single bit of profanity...
Perfectly corrupt
Better you were silent, but feel free to remove all doubt.

Continued to walk and talk with SH...
How is recognizing/acknowledging death defeatist?
It isn't, but an atheist does more than that. Everyone dies, it's how we meet it, our contextual approach to it, etc., that I'm speaking to, the essential nihilism at the heart of atheist posit is defeatist in comparison with, say, the Christian notion that life is inherently valuable, meaningful and purposed beyond this finite and fleeting moment.

Death isn't the "worst possible outcome of existence", it is the ONLY outcome anyone has ever known.
Death as extinction is the worst among alternatives and that's the distinction. A Christian would argue, as would the apostles, that you're mistaken. Or, that's the divide.

Man's "nature" won't change the reality nor will wishful thinking.
The underlying dispute being over who is wishing and for what.

Elsewhere, in a unresponsive response to a moderator...
As a reminder, I do not reply to moderators.
Memo to self: lobby to become a moderator. :eek:

Wrapping up for now with...
Atheists don't think life is valuable, meaningful, and has purpose?
Rather, atheists can construct something along those lines, but their context is just that, that what they've done is constructing something and that can't be lost on them, subconsciously or more openly in consideration. So, I can believe that I serve an absolute and objectively independent good and the end of that good and an atheist simply can't. It's a contextual difference with impact.

That we don't delude ourselves into wishfully wanting a life extension beyond what we can possibly know isn't "defeat", it's acceptance.
When you accept a negative outcome that you don't know to be true, it's defeatist. You can't know that I'm wrong. You may, in the absence of what seems to you compelling evidence, choose to withhold belief, but the moment you do more than that you're investing faith in something. And nihilism is a wan thing to invest in.

One can WISH that death isn't the end of existence all they want. Wishing something is true doesn't make it so.
Wishing is for people who mean to bring something into existence. Faith is for people who believe they were brought into existence by something.

Why not wish the Buddhist concept of reincarnation be true, it's equally as valid as christianity.
Is it? By what metric do we decide that? And how the blazes can you get Buddhism right and keep missing the fact that Christianity is every bit as proper a noun? :chuckle: If I had a nickle for every atheist I know who does that...or better yet, if I could get them to a poker table. :think:

This is an interesting philosophical construct. Whoever said life was fair?
In my context, God. But beyond who said is the desire in most human beings for justice, at least where mercy is wasted as measures go. To accept without necessity the idea or context for living where evil is often rewarded and the innocent harmed without recourse is begging for a sort of emotional or spiritual dissonance in the background of your thinking and deciding.

Bad people go unpunished and good people go unrewarded; it's called life. Does that take away how valuable, meaningful, and purposeful an athiest's life is because life isn't fair?
I think it depends on the person. For you, I'd say it would have to. Because you're rational and caring. For someone who was selfish enough and indifferent enough, no. I doubt it would matter. Say, for a good bit of Congress.

That I am certain that this life is all there is and nothing more after only makes those adjectives that much more impotrant.
You can be a rational atheist or you can be a certain atheist, but you can't be both.

Well, except for...
A spouse imposing sex on the other is not a 'hideous violation of another human being'.
It is and here's the rational litmus: if you have to know if they're married to distinguish the act from a rape, it's a rape.

Tomorrow? The long bright weekend of the soul. :eek: Enjoy your own! :cheers:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
on Thursday

Continued to argue the points of context and faith with SH...
How does one BELIEVE in something objective? Belief belies the objective
I believe in the value of science. I know the scientific method works. The latter does not inherently promote the former. In fact, were you a survivor of Hiroshima you might not find the former palatable at all.

I don't accept that death being absolute is necessarily negative; it just is.
But it isn't just in any sense. Or, you can accept, if you like, that death is inevitable, but you will not convince me (or, I think, yourself) that life isn't preferable within your context. And if life is preferable then the alternative is lesser.

Absent evidence, I'm of the opinion that skepticism is more reasonable.
There isn't a lack of evidence, only a want of irrefutable proof, outside the experience of God, which is inherently subjective. I don't, however, find skepticism reasonable if it leads to an inferior choice in life context, one at odds with human imperatives and does so without proof, only faith resting on the lack of experience of a thing, which if experienced could never be used to satisfy the standard no one can arrive at. :)

Life.

The difference is the "good" atheist is "good" for the sake of their fellow man; the christian is "good" because of a perceived "accounting that no man escapes absent mercy".
Where I'd say the atheist serves his ego (doing what he wills to serve what he values) and the faithful serve the judge of their egos (doing what He wills to serve what He values).

Then Apple asked...
Anyone know how to attach a poll to a new thread?
:think: Duct tape?

Before 50 told him he'd need a subscription and I spilled salt...
Yet another strike against this forum...
Maybe. It's hard to say how most feel about it without...well, you know. :plain:

Over in the marital rape thread...no, really, we have one of those...where some people debate the existence...I kid you not...
YOU know nothing about the effects of rape, only what you've been told.
I've never been crucified. All I know about it is what I've been told. All most people know about any number of things is what they're told.

Ever find it funny that a man raped by a woman would not be traumatized for life?
I don't think rape is funny no matter who is on the victim's end of it. Though a man is much more likely to be raped by another man. I suspect being penetrated is more psychologically damaging, but I'm not going to assume that a man, raped, simply isn't damaged by it or speculate on the degree or duration of the damage.

But then, I'm not trying to advance an irrational, emotional grudge, so don't let me stop you.

Speaking of catch phrases...
Fine and Dandy
Ah, the failed British take on Good & Plenty.

Then in answer to a description of rape...
Hideous crime?
Right.

Well so is emptying a bank account,
Well, no. I don't know a rational soul who'd hesitate choosing between temporarily losing access to their money and being raped.

selling or stealing everything of value, taking the kids, the dog, the food- pretty much everything except the bills.
You can't steal common property, which is what marital assets are. And someone who attempts to do what you're describing can be met in a court and a fair division of assets arrived at. You can't be un-raped.

Cruc was back with...
Just because it's not illegal doesn't mean it's a crime.
:plain:

What married couple has private bank accounts, and so on?
Most married couples have bank accounts. If by "private" you mean individual, that's not uncommon either, especially among the affluent.

This is the part where you say "That's their fault",
No, it's the part where I note that doesn't actually change anything.

and I point out the resounding irony of the subject of what causes rape according to you :rolleyes:
Seriously, stop trying to see how much you can't manage to make work in a sentence.

The actual penalty: can't own a firearm, jail time, kids lost, jail time, fines, and some guy living in their house with their family.
That takes a felony conviction and that requires actual evidence. You're not being honest with the facts.

So much for equal measure- instead of them being misandrists, I'm just a misogynist :rolleyes:
Oh, I wouldn't say just. I don't think anyone would use that in relation to your arguments. :nono:

Before...
The only way a man avoids a domestic assault is if he was utterly passive.
Spoken like someone who literally doesn't know what he's talking about but insists on talking about it anyway.

Like I said- seen it go down more than once.
Well, with that chip on your shoulder and that degree of experience...:plain: I'd laugh, but reading your attempt to spin that into something like expertise or a rule is just...painful.

Now coup de disgrace yourself:
Yeah, and that's why I don't care if women like you get raped.
There's no excuse, no personal bias that should make anyone with half a soul make that statement.

Thanks for putting you in perspective for everyone. :thumb:

Tomorrow? Cheese and crackers...aka, more with Cruc and company. :chew:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Wrap
for Sunday

Talked to a couple of people about the Hillary email outcome...well, I tried to talk to them...
I would say that most of Bush's picks have been pathetic liberal hacks, including his supreme court picks so, to your point yes, Comey was probably always a hack and has shown us all his full plumage of such.
Hindsight or were you posting to that effect prior? (guess)

BTW it's not just me TH, nobody is hearing it....
Hyperbole aside, what's your polling data on the point, out of curiosity? I've been looking to see what the reaction is, how partisan or not. (he never provided any)

Here we go again...we rubes are just to damn stupid to understand what the law says
Not what I actually wrote, but when you talk like that you might as well be. (I should have given up here)

There's more to the law than the black letter of it. There's the spirit, the intent of parties, any number of considerations that go into prosecutorial discretion. And if you don't understand that and the history of precedent and you have an ax to grind you're going to be full of outrage and vinegar when you shouldn't be.

I know exactly what the statute says concerning what Clinton has done, just as anyone that has ever been granted access does. Is your area of expertise in federal statutes concerning clearances and the handling of classified information? or are you just injecting your opinion based on a degree posted on the wall of your study?
...what I've mostly done is cite to people who are particularly expert in the area, from heads of agencies to professors who regularly treat the subject. I started doing that months ago. What I've mostly limited my legal opinion to are things I've dealt with regularly and am intimately familiar with, like prosecutorial discretion and precedent, etc. It's why aCW tried the opposite of your tactic by suggesting I ask one of the scholars I've noted for my/an opinion.

Revived the Moron of the Day thread on the strength of these two entries...
Yeah, and that's why I don't care if women like you get raped. Something you never understood from the start- you all don't mind men getting treated horribly, so why should I care so much about you :rolleyes:
Let it sink in- you shouldn't be expecting men to cater to you while you run over them :wave2:

And in response to a comment about police officers being murdered by snipers:
I'm perfectly fine with what you all sowed with your indifference on bad policing.
Not a tear shall be shed here, buddy. You all have been told of this problem for decades, with no acknowledgement :wave2:

Which he followed with...
You will notice that women get slammed pretty routinely in the Scriptures
No, that's your myopic problem. I note that the Bible is replete with examples of great and ignoble men and women, from Ruth and David, to Jezebel and Judas. You think like a hammer and all you see are the nails.

You like to think- illogically- that men were misogynistic
Rather, being a man and not being a misogynist, knowing a large and diverse number of godly men who aren't remotely characterized fairly by that I'd never consider it. I also know there are people, like you, with a real and palpable hatred for that sex, one that blinds them to scripture, reason and reflection.

...You demonize any notion that a woman causes her own rape by the way they act or dress, but it is literally true, and you literally have no defense outside of your detraction of reality which you have allowed women to do.
Demonize? I dismiss the indefensible fool who claims his actions are the responsibility of a victim. I don't care if Lady Godiva rides by my house. She'll ride by unmolested by me. A man who can't say that isn't really a man outside of the genetic description. Demonize? No, I hold him in appropriate contempt.

In other words make me a sheep.
If you think finding rape detestable and failing to make excuses for the rapist makes you a sheep; and if you think finding the murder of policemen going about their duty to safeguard citizens makes you a sheep. Well then, "Baa-humbug." :plain:.

Then Stripe chimed in with a bumper sticker...
Precedent is how justice is perverted.

Which was on par with his introductory bit in the democracy thread...
Democracy is for pansies.
You forgot the attribution...though I hear there's some difference of opinion as to whether it was Stalin, Hitler, Mao, or Caligula. :plain:

Then after literally writting "Bullcrap!"...
The fact you attempt to defend the indefensible
Rather, I'm explaining the explicable.

only proves why people detest lawyers in general,
Some people and I'd agree, it's mostly a form of ignorance.

I may not have the piece of paper on my wall for you to accept my opinion but, the fact that a majority of Americans can see it,
Look, if well educated people without a specific understanding of how the law functions can get it wrong I'd expect a lot of people in general would, especially if it fit into their preconceptions about either the law, or power, or the particular players in a case.

Meanwhile Stripe, who in another thread was repeatedly suggesting we have to "respect" the position of the other half of a discussion, was writing...
You're still a pansy for thinking democracy is the way to go.
It isn't, but the declaration and framing isn't particularly surprising. It puts the "ignorant" concern you had in context though. Apparently that's how you reduce concepts.

Et tu quoque?
The only logical answer to insult is insult. You didn't present anything else to comment on.

It wasn't a debate; it was my opinion.
To which I objected. An objection you then responded to, and so on. There's a word for that...

Also, make up your mind. First you ask if this is my idea of a sensible debate and when I note the problem of that criticism in your advance you declare it something else.

Pick an idea.

Tomorrow? More fun with acrostics. :plain:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Methinks you're a narcissistic phony.

Try a sensible discussion sometime instead of goading people to find padding for your ... what is this place? A shrine?