toldailytopic: WILDCARD WEDNESDAY! Talk about whatever strikes your interest. 03-10-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 10th, 2010 08:52 AM

toldailytopic: WILDCARD WEDNESDAY! Talk about whatever strikes your interest. 03-10-2010

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
There is much pain in this world. Some we pity, others we seem to think, do not deserve our pity. One example of this came from a case I read many years ago.

Here is an outline of the case:

She was born into an upper-class, or highly wealthy family. In school she was unable to earn good grades. She was later diagnosed with an attention deficit disorder. She came to she herself as worthless and believed her parents should have shot her, as they did old dogs in those days and buried beside them. She withdrew and came to receive psychotherapy. She lived alone with her parents and never went out amongst girls her own age. She described herself as a 'worthless retard". At around age thirty she entered college and received straight A grades and she graduated Summa c um Laude, yet she did not attend the graduation ceremony. Later that year, she took her life. In a letter she explained that she felt terribly cheated and that her later accomplishment meant nothing because it was too late and her chance at life and recognition had passed. She was an unknown tragedy, never having an incident in her life other than her late return to college.

Such is a case of quite desperation. Not all the troubled are known for trouble.

bybee

Posters

Posters

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 10th, 2010 08:52 AM

toldailytopic: WILDCARD WEDNESDAY! Talk about whatever strikes your interest. 03-10-2010

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

I am very interested in the motivation behind all of the Moslem's posting on this web page. They are obviously anti-Christian and anti-American. They are blatant apologists for all things Islamic. I wonder if a Christian could post so freely on an avowedly Islamic web page? bybee

I am very interested in the motivation behind all of the Moslem's posting on this web page. They are obviously anti-Christian and anti-American. They are blatant apologists for all things Islamic. I wonder if a Christian could post so freely on an avowedly Islamic web page? bybee
I think this is what makes TOL the best website on the internet. Try voicing your views this freely anywhere else.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Well one of "The Lost Boys" Corey Haim is dead.

And that was number 1 on the thingy Knight asked us to sign up for. I never heard of the person, just shows how little I know about pop subjects

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
And that was number 1 on the thingy Knight asked us to sign up for. I never heard of the person, just shows how little I know about pop subjects

Kind of an 80's (yes I remember that silly movie) type thing.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Kind of an 80's (yes I remember that silly movie) type thing.

I saw a silly Sean Penn film about him playing a guitarist; it was fair for one stuck in bed. It have his film history, first one was "High Times at Ridgemont High" I think I remember him being a reall goofy kid, but I never knew that was Penn

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
One of my cats, Tiger (a Maine Coon), is entirely too smart. Today I was writing and distracted. He had been sleeping in the room and I had the door closed. I must have missed him going to it and sitting, which he does to cue me on his wanting to leave the room and/or go outside. Well, my writing desk is in front of a couple of closet doors. Apparently, he have grew tired of waiting, because I felt him brush by my legs and the next thing I know those closet doors are rattling.

He knows they don't lead anywhere...before I could get up he'd gone back to the main entrance and sat down again. So he had a concept of how to communicate that to me and executed the plan perfectly.

:plain:

nicholsmom

One of my cats, Tiger (a Maine Coon), is entirely too smart. Today I was writing and distracted. He had been sleeping in the room and I had the door closed. I must have missed him going to it and sitting, which he does to cue me on his wanting to leave the room and/or go outside. Well, my writing desk is in front of a couple of closet doors. Apparently, he have grew tired of waiting, because I felt him brush by my legs and the next thing I know those closet doors are rattling.

He knows they don't lead anywhere...before I could get up he'd gone back to the main entrance and sat down again. So he had a concept of how to communicate that to me and executed the plan perfectly.

:plain:

I had a cat who used to do something similar - he'd "pluck the strings" of the hamper next to the door :chuckle: Never did play a decent tune, though ;)

elohiym

Okay, I'll talk about how busy I've been lately.

...wait...I'm too busy for that.

See ya'll soon. :wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.