toldailytopic: Who is your favorite U.S. participant this year in the Olympics?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 7th, 2012 11:05 AM

toldailytopic: Who is your favorite U.S. participant this year in the Olympics?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Good pick Knight. :up: all around champ.

I also liked Mckayla Maroney. Her vaults are awesome. :noway:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If we're going with gymnasts I pick Aly Raisman.
Oh sure... you only like the white gymnasts. Racist!

;)

I'm just kidding of course. I just thought it was funny how Bob Costas stated after Gabby won the Gold that now little black girls would be motivated to be become Olympic athletes. That statement mad me so mad because all of my 4 girls are into gymnastics and Gabby Douglas has inspired them as well. My kids don't even think about the color of her skin, they just like her smile and how good she is at her sport.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Usain Bolt.

And go easy on Costas. Liberals can't help themselves, even when they aren't marxists.

The Berean

I'm distance running guy so I root for the distance runners. Galen Rupp was awesome in the 10,000 meters winning silver. I was disappointed that Kara Goucher and Shalane Flanagan didn't perform better in the women's marathon but they gave it their best shot. Evan Jager and Don Carbal did ok in the men's 3,000 meter steeplechase. Both are young guys with bright futures. The men's and women's 5,000 meters is up next. Look for Galen Rupp again and Bernard Lagat in the men's race and Molly Huddle in the women's race. I think she'll surprise some people. She looked great in her heat qualifying for Friday's final. Go Team USA!!!

Molly+Huddle+Hitomi+Niiya+Olympics+Day+11+j04_4zREn1Rl.jpg

The Berean

Oh yeah... Missy Franklin. She's a local. What a neat kid and what a great athlete!

She's an incredibly athletic young lady. She's 6'1", 165 lb with size 13 feet swimming machine. And she appears to be very humble as well which makes her instantly likable. I've read a bit about her parents. They had Missy when they were older (dad was 47, mom was 41). She is their only child.

gty_missy_franklin_parents_thg_120807_wg.jpg

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Alex Morgan, whose high-flying header put the U.S Women ahead of Canada in the 123rd minute, to earn them a spot in the final game against Japan.
morgan.jpg

This isn't the best U.S. team ever, but it's a team with heart and grit. And fun to watch.

Silent Hunter

Oh sure... you only like the white gymnasts. Racist!
:chuckle:

Aly isn't that "white" compared to Mckayla Maroney.

I'm just kidding of course. I just thought it was funny how Bob Costas stated after Gabby won the Gold that now little black girls would be motivated to be become Olympic athletes. That statement mad me so mad because all of my 4 girls are into gymnastics and Gabby Douglas has inspired them as well. My kids don't even think about the color of her skin, they just like her smile and how good she is at her sport.
:thumb: