toldailytopic: Who is to blame in the Colorado movie theater shooting?

Arthur Brain

Westboro plans to picket at the memorial for these victims.
link

Disgusting. They are thanking God for the killer.

All Colorado TOLers should go teach them a lesson. :Clete:

Fred Phelps is an absolute tosser. About as 'polite' as I can get regarding him and his ilk. Celebrating loss of life through shootings, cancer etc?

Unreal....

:plain:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
545504_465231863487797_933540432_n.jpg

I tried counting all of the hash marks PureX; they still didn't come anywhere close to the 200 MILLION that communist tyrants have murdered in the past 95 years (you know them PureX, they're the ones that outlaw guns when they come into power).

PureX

I tried counting all of the hash marks PureX; they still didn't come anywhere close to the 200 MILLION that communist tyrants have murdered in the past 95 years (you know them PureX, they're the ones that outlaw guns when they come into power).
And how many communist tyrants have we had to defend ourselves against here in America? Exactly zero. That was the point of the sketch.

Bur never mind.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

And how many communist tyrants have we had to defend ourselves against here in America? Exactly zero. That was the point of the sketch.

Bur never mind.

The 70 millon gun owners in America have told those tryants that they're not welcome here.

Wait, 69 million voted in a communst "wannabe" in Nov. 2008.

Never mind.

Arthur Brain

For once we agree Arthur. Those democrats have no class.
http://www.conservapedia.com/Fred_Phelps

He's neither a democrat or a conservative but as one such quote from your "objective source" aptly describes - a 'first class nut'. People from left to right view his contemptuous comments and actions with similar disdain so there's no "class" in a feeble attempt to make him a political figure for the left.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
He's neither a democrat or a conservative but as one such quote from your "objective source" aptly describes - a 'first class nut'. People from left to right view his contemptuous comments and actions with similar disdain so there's no "class" in a feeble attempt to make him a political figure for the left.

I was only trying to bond with you Arthur (I've been very lonely since you left my thread).

I beg to differ as to "Inbred Fred" not being a democrat.

If you look at those little numbers by the statements made:

"Phelps ran for governor of Kansas as a Democrat in 1990, 1994, and 1998.[9] Phelps received 31% of the vote in Kansas's 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate.[10]"

I believe they're called "references". You can go to the bottom of the page and see what sources supplied that information. In this case, #9 is the "1998 Kansas Primary Results. Compiled by Congressional Quarterly."

#10 would be that obviously biased "State of Kansas Secretary of State Website".

"Inbred Fred" fits perfectly in with the Democratic Party Platform, as they too are haters. They hate unborn babies, and like Fred, hate homosexuals so much that they allow them to kill themselves.

Arthur Brain

I was only trying to bond with you Arthur (I've been very lonely since you left my thread).

I beg to differ as to "Inbred Fred" not being a democrat.

If you look at those little numbers by the statments made:

"Phelps ran for governor of Kansas as a Democrat in 1990, 1994, and 1998.[9] Phelps received 31% of the vote in Kansas's 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate.[10]"

I believe they're called "references". You can go to the bottom of the page and see what sources supplied that information. In this case, #9 is the "1998 Kansas Primary Results. Compiled by Congressional Quarterly."

#10 would be that obviously biased "State of Kansas Secretary of State Website".

"Inbred Fred" fits perfectly in with the Democratic Party Platform, as they too are haters. They hate unborn babies, and like Fred, hate homosexuals so much that they allow them to kill themselves.

Funny how Phelps' support wavered somewhat once his own brand of opposition towards gays was neutralized and discarded. In fact it seems he became downright hostile towards Gore, Clinton et al....even Conservapedia reflects that much also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelps

This guy represents democracy as much as Pol Pot. It's pathetic to ascribe any particular affiliation to a guy who is simply an asinine and contemptible nut. As before, liberals and conservatives alike can't stand the guy so quit trying to make a political issue for a stupid agenda for once.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Funny how Phelps' support wavered somewhat once his own brand of opposition towards gays was neutralized and discarded. In fact it seems he became downright hostile towards Gore, Clinton et al....even Conservapedia reflects that much also.

I see that he hated those darn democrats so much, that even after he denounced Clinton, "Inbred Fred" AGAIN ran for Governor of Kansas on the Democratic Party ticket.

"Phelps has run in various Kansas Democratic Party primaries five times, but has never won. These included races for governor in 1990, 1994, and 1998

This guy represents democracy as much as Pol Pot. It's pathetic to ascribe any particular affiliation to a guy who is simply an asinine and contemptible nut. As before, liberals and conservatives alike can't stand the guy so quit trying to make a political issue for a stupid agenda for once.

Au contraire' Arthur, homosexuals love him. I've seen his band of inbreds demonstrating here in Seattle, and they do more for the sodomite cause than you ever could. If Fred Phelps didn't exist, the homosexual movement would invent him.

Arthur Brain

I see that he hated those darn democrats so much, that even after he denounced Clinton, "Inbred Fred" AGAIN ran for Governor of Kansas on the Democratic Party ticket.

"Phelps has run in various Kansas Democratic Party primaries five times, but has never won. These included races for governor in 1990, 1994, and 1998

So? There's nothing 'democratic' about what Phelps' advocates if he were to be given his way so what exactly is your point? Else please explain how he reflects democracy and why? :rolleyes: Just because the guy runs on a certain political 'ticket' doesn't make him any more of a democrat than any other nut who attempts to run for a certain office. Phelps' is about as 'liberal' as a pickled egg and about as conservative as a boiled one. Once again - he is despised across the board.

Au contraire' Arthur, homosexuals love him. I've seen his band of inbreds demonstrating here in Seattle, and they do more for the sodomite cause than you ever could. If Fred Phelps didn't exist, the homosexual movement would invent him.

Did they invent you as well? You're not far removed on that obsessive particular and it's no surprise the irony of such is obviously lost on you.

Anyway, this thread is not about homosexuals so if you want to talk about such then go to your own. I'm not interested in that pointless avenue of 'discussion' as I said previous.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
So? There's nothing 'democratic' about what Phelps' advocates.

As there is nothing "democratic" about a political party platform that supports the murdering of innocent babies and sodomy either Arthur.

Anyway, this thread is not about homosexuals so if you want to talk about such then go to your own. I'm not interested in that pointless avenue of 'discussion' as I said previous.

I didn't bring Fred Phelps into this thread, someone else did. As you know, he's known for his "God Hates Fags" slogan, hence the subject being turned to homosexuality.

Arthur Brain

As there is nothing "democratic" about a political party platform that supports the murdering of innocent babies and sodomy either Arthur.

Abortion is an issue best addressed without making it into some sort of political label war if you had any pause for thought. In case you hadn't noticed there's plenty who identify as left of centre who don't take the issue lightly. In a democratic process the private lives of consenting adults are not regarded as the state's business, unless violation occurs, your own sensibilities notwithstanding. Not interested in discussing male homosexuality as mentioned previous.

I didn't bring Fred Phelps into this thread, someone else did. As you know, he's known for his "God Hates Fags" slogan, hence the subject being turned to homosexuality.

He's known for a damn sight more than that. He's equally infamous for picketing the funerals of dead soldiers, wishing death upon America in general and celebrating every time someone dies of cancer and other disease as a 'righteous judgment of God'. Did that just happen to pass you by?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not sure what conversation we're having, but it doesn't seem to be this one. :plain:

An active police presence, coupled with genuine neighborhood awareness will have an appreciable impact on preventing crime. To say they're NEVER there when you need them most is missing the point.

My singular point was the Colorado shooting isn't the poster child of "an armed citizenry could have prevented or limited this damage" address. If anything it's more likely to have resulted in an increase in carnage, given the particulars.

I'm not arguing against guns. I'm a Southerner who has any number of them. And I was reared in the traditions that make them a benefit to my household. Guns absent respect and the training to make their responsible use possible are a human tragedy waiting to happen. If we make people take boating safety courses and pass driver tests then the possession of a lethal instrument should come with similar restrictions. Mandate that and I'm fine with carrying in public.

Many of these incidents may not have happened at all if the ones out to kill were not confident that the general public is unarmed and incapable of self defense.

Knowing others near by may have guns that you don't know about is a deterrent.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, we were all very lucky it worked then because it evolved into a Dr. Strangelove type nuclear standoff and is that really the kind of thinking you want to be part of your communities?

I suggest you make sure your police can and will do the law enforcement not assume they won't perhaps as an excuse for private ownership of lethal weapons.

As long as us "good guys" have the better weapons, and more of them, the "bad guys" will not be able to take over.

--Dave

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Many of these incidents may not have happened at all if the ones out to kill were not confident that the general public is unarmed and incapable of self defense.
Are you seriously suggesting that someone who thinks it's a really good idea to march into a movie theater with weapons and kill a few people is going to evidence good judgment at some point?

And the kid was wearing body armor. He appears to have anticipated the potential of meeting armed resistance without that notion having any impact on his plans, other than preparing for it.

Knowing others near by may have guns that you don't know about is a deterrent.
To the reasonable, who are risking one thing for another of greater value, sure. To a nutter like this fellow or the sort who means to kill themselves directly or by cop? Not so much.

And that's the sort we're talking about.

drbrumley

Holman deserves the blame, but so do the people of Aurora Colorado for allowing the senseless law against guns in that city.

It is against the law to stop a massacre in this town. This is Bizzarro world we live.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Holman deserves the blame, but so do the people of Aurora Colorado for allowing the senseless law against guns in that city.

It is against the law to stop a massacre in this town. This is Bizzarro world we live.

Exactly. The Left is all for stricter gun control laws. A lot of good it did them in this town in this instance.

If someone in the audience had had a legally concealed weapon would it have made a difference?

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

We will never know. And as long as ridiculous laws are in place, there will never be a chance to know.