toldailytopic: What's your favorite sitcom that is currently still in production on T

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 20th, 2012 12:42 PM

toldailytopic: What's your favorite sitcom that is currently still in production on TV??

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What's your favorite sitcom that is currently still in production on TV??

That's tough...I have a top five:

1. 30 Rock: first few seasons were amazingly well scripted/acted. Got stale for a couple of years but it's been sharp again this year and seems determined to go out on a high note.

2. Psyche: you can't beat it for goofy fun littered with obvious and less so pop culture references. Great cast and chemistry to boot.

3. Community: hits and misses but when it hits, mostly as a send up of its own genre, it's about as funny and clever as it gets.

4. The Big Bang Theory: great ensemble and tight, frequently deft writing, though it suffers from a few sub plots that aren't worthy, like what's his face's screaming but never seen mom...really? That was tired when Tim Allen tried it as an homage.

5. New Girl: she's charming and her supporting cast is mostly well fleshed and likable (with the exception of the unbelievable as a former basketball star anywhere Wayans replacement).

Honorable Mention: Go On, which has real potential, but it's a little early to call.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
NCIS is a sitcom?

:dizzy:

It can be, depending on my mood and the actions of the cast.

Either a misread or I want to see ebenz's thoughts on a drama.

Not a misread. I don't watch sitcoms. NCIS is about the funniest I watch now.

M*A*S*H was a drama, right?

:chuckle: If you look at the subject matter of the show (the Korean War), it could be taken as such. Personally, I think of it as a sitcom. I miss the sitcoms of my childhood (M*A*S*H, Three's Company, Happy Days, etc...).

genuineoriginal

It can be, depending on my mood and the actions of the cast.

Not a misread. I don't watch sitcoms. NCIS is about the funniest I watch now.

:chuckle: If you look at the subject matter of the show (the Korean War), it could be taken as such. Personally, I think of it as a sitcom. I miss the sitcoms of my childhood (M*A*S*H, Three's Company, Happy Days, etc...).
:thumb:

PureX

I watch Netflix, so I see everything a season or two later, and I never know what's still in production. "Big Bang" is the only sit-com I've actually watched on regular TV. But I liked "Hart of Dixie" on Netflix, is that still in production?

Arthur Brain

Well for ones currently still in production I'd say Red Dwarf but it passed its sell by date about three seasons ago after it reached its peak.

Right now I think one of the funniest is The Big Bang Theory...