toldailytopic: What type, or how many sins does it take to lose ones salvation?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What would constitute rejecting Jesus or walking away from Jesus?

If you are given that opportunity to accept Jesus as your Savior and you reject it. That is the only sin that I can think of that actually separates the unsaved from the saved. The other behaviors are the fruits that separate a 'good tree' from a 'bad tree'. This thread is a trick question. ;) That is why I gave the answer I did.

ghost

Hall of Fame
A Christian has been crucified with Christ. Rom 6:6

They have died with Him and been raised with Him. Rom 6:8; Col 3:3

It is no longer they who live, but Christ Gal 2:20

We have been circumcised from the flesh Col 2:11

We have been sealed in Him by the Holy Spirit of promise Eph 1:13

You do not have the power or ability to bring your old self back from the dead
You do not have the power or ability to reattach the circumcision made without hands.
You do not have the power or ability to break the seal placed by God thus breaking His promise.

You are not your own, you have been bought with a price. 1 Cor 6:20

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You do not have the power or ability to bring your old self back from the dead You do not have the power or ability to reattach the circumcision made without hands.
You do not have the power or ability to break the seal placed by God thus breaking His promise.

:first: I am making this my subscribers post of the day. A perfect answer.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Those who don't want to be there, have never known Him.

Once you are sealed by the Holy Spirit, God becomes part of your life and alters the way you think--in a good way. You don't want to change back. I have absolutely no desire to be anything else other than a Christian. That is something non-Christians don't understand.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you are given that opportunity to accept Jesus as your Savior and you reject it.
If you are given the opportunity to be accept Jesus but reject Him you are not saved, therefore this question wouldn't apply to that person.
This thread is a trick question. That is why I gave the answer I did.
Hmmm, I still don't see how this is a trick question. :idunno:

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Those who don't want to be there, have never known Him.

That's usually the response that people give. For those that have gone the way of apostasy...it is said that they were never Christians to begin with.

Dan Barker and other former ministers have disagreed on this point. By all accounts they were "Christian" because they believed. They believed and they lived out their faith and they taught others to do the same. They actually believed. But for whatever reason they have chosen to no longer believe.

If Dan Barker would have died during his ministry days (when he states that he believed)...do you think he would have spent eternity with the Lord?

It seems that Dan Barker gave up his salvation when he chose to no longer believe.

ghost

Hall of Fame
That's usually the response that people give. For those that have gone the way of apostasy...it is said that they were never Christians to begin with.

Dan Barker and other former ministers have disagreed on this point. By all accounts they were "Christian" because they believed. They believed and they lived out their faith and they taught others to do the same. They actually believed. But for whatever reason they have chosen to no longer believe.

If Dan Barker would have died during his ministry days (when he states that he believed)...do you think he would have spent eternity with the Lord?

It seems that Dan Barker gave up his salvation when he chose to no longer believe.
I would ask Dan Barker what he believed, because there are many people who claim to be Christians who have never believed the Gospel. In fact, Jesus points to "many" who think that Jesus is their Lord, but He says He NEVER knew them.

There is a Christian religion in this country that is a counterfeit, being based on morality and self improvement, rather than on what Christ has done.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If Dan Barker would have died during his ministry days (when he states that he believed).

That's something we cannot determine. What we can judge is the man's actions. Thus it is of no impact on our OSAS theology to see men who claim to have deconverted.

If a man's actions are those of a non-Christian, then we let him be a non-Christian. If his actions are acceptable then we accept him as a brother in Christ.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
If someone gave you, what they claimed to be an 'everlasting gobstopper' and there came a time when it stopped producing sweet juice in your mouth......was it really a genuine 'everlasting gobstopper'?

ghost

Hall of Fame
That's something we cannot determine. What we can judge is the man's actions. Thus it is of no impact on our OSAS theology to see men who claim to have deconverted.

If a man's actions are those of a non-Christian, then we let him be a non-Christian. If his actions are acceptable then we accept him as a brother in Christ.
So, those who clean the outside of the cup are brothers?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can someone "give up" or "forefeit" their salvation? Such as Dan Barker.

I don't know who he is. The answer is still no. You can not unseal what the Holy Spirit has sealed. Nor do I see anybody wanting to become unsaved.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You do not have the power or ability to bring your old self back from the dead
You do not have the power or ability to reattach the circumcision made without hands.

:up:

Ghost said:
I would ask Dan Barker what he believed, because there are many people who claim to be Christians who have never believed the Gospel. In fact, Jesus points to "many" who think that Jesus is their Lord, but He says He NEVER knew them.

There is a Christian religion in this country that is a counterfeit, being based on morality and self improvement, rather than on what Christ has done.

Case in point:

You divorce salvation from ongoing relationship and being in Christ, the condition for eternal life (since it is in Him alone, not apart from Him I Jn. 5:11-13 present, continuous tenses). You seem to reduce it to an irreversible metaphysical change parallel to physical birth. In reality, it is a reciprocal love relationship, not an unconditional zapping. Past sins can be dealt with, but this does not preclude the possibility of heinous future sins, including blasphemy, that cannot be swept under the carpet by a holy God ...

SaulToPaul 2

You can't lose salvation. That goes against the meaning of the word "saved".

Correctamundo.

Outside of Paul, people were either in faith, or out of faith. Those in faith were looking FORWARD to salvation.

We, in the body of Christ, are the only ones to look BACK to our salvation.

It's as simple as that. Without 2 Tim 2:15 (KJV), you can't see it. You'll either think everyone in the Bible is OSAS, or that no one in the Bible is OSAS. And, you'll have to twist the scriptures to match either of those views.

Sheila B

To know Jesus and then refuse His Mercy. One has to know that He is the only way and reject this Truth anyway.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
I know there have been threads here over the years discussing whether or not mans will is free and even threads about how that freedom translates once this life is over.

Can people be "kicked out" of "heaven"? I put heaven in quotes for a reason. What I am about to quote some people might object that it does not refer to heaven...but something or someplace else.

Consider the following:

In Revelation AFTER the Great White Throne Judgment and AFTER the New Jerusalem has descended and AFTER John sees the walls to the city he is told the following about the city:

And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.” Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

So after the creation of the new Heaven and the new Earth we have the New Jerusalem with its city walls. Outside those walls are a group of people that seem to be dwelling on the new earth that are perverse. How did they get there if the Great White Throne Judgement, casting into the lake of fire, etc... has taken place?

Are these those who were saved but at some point in future of living eternally with God chose they no longer wanted to be there?

Last edited:

lucaspa

One--Rejecting Jesus.
Not according to Jesus. Matthew 5:21-30. He lists several things that will result in judgement and hell.

Inzl Kett, I know you would like believing Jesus to be a Get Out of Jail Free Card and immunity from committing any other sins, but it doesn't work that way.

ALL sins are equal and they all can lead to loss of salvation.

So, believing in Jesus will not save you from loss of salvation when you screw your neighbor's wife or are angry with the guy who cut you off on the freeway.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not according to Jesus. Matthew 5:21-30. He lists several things that will result in judgement and hell.

Inzl Kett, I know you would like believing Jesus to be a Get Out of Jail Free Card and immunity from committing any other sins, but it doesn't work that way.
Fancy assumption. The wheel is spinning but your squirrel is dead. Did you read what I said about trees and fruit?

ALL sins are equal and they all can lead to loss of salvation.
:think:
All sin's equal?--I don't think so.

John 19:11 - Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

So, believing in Jesus will not save you from loss of salvation when you screw your neighbor's wife or are angry with the guy who cut you off on the freeway.
Pay closer attention to my posts. Adultery isn't the fruit of a Christian. The idea of cheating on my husband is gross. :vomit: Not all sins are equal.