toldailytopic: What type, or how many sins does it take to lose ones salvation?

Sheila B

chat,

It has occured to me that your grandma's teaching or interpretation is of II Corinthians 7:9 and 10 one of my favorite chapters in the bible.
I am going to write what she said in the margin of my Bible! profoundly simple, beautifully expressed. The essence of repentance is all about Love for God.

Sheila B

False.

The newly born are not perfect. Perfection excludes the possibility of failing. You need to learn what words mean.
Newly born from above. John 3:5 They are perfect at that moment. Maybe perfect is a poor choice of words. They are perfect enough to gain heaven if they died at that moment.
Again, you contradict the Bible Hebrews 10:14
Those who are sanctified are made perfect.The discussion then would be about ongoing sanctification, which is greatly discussed in scripture.
i.e., suffering with Chrsit for example is needed as one verse says. Many verses about ongoing sanctification.
As a lost person, who does not know Jesus or the Gospel, you look at the flesh, because you are fleshly minded, not having the mind of Christ.
says you

ghost

Hall of Fame
chat,

It has occured to me that your grandma's teaching or interpretation is of II Corinthians 7:9 and 10 one of my favorite chapters in the bible.
I am going to write what she said in the margin of my Bible! profoundly simple, beautifully expressed. The essence of repentance is all about Love for God.

A man who flatters his neighbor Is spreading a net for his steps.

Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,”
And call understanding your intimate friend;
That they may keep you from an adulteress,
From the foreigner who flatters with her words.

For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting.

He who rebukes a man will afterward find more favor Than he who flatters with the tongue.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Those who are sanctified are made perfect.

Acts 26:18
to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me.’

1 Corinthians 1:2
To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:

Hebrews 10:10
By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The only "process" of sanctification is the renewing of the mind of the sanctification that we already "have"

Sheila B

A man who flatters his neighbor Is spreading a net for his steps.

Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,”
And call understanding your intimate friend;
That they may keep you from an adulteress,
From the foreigner who flatters with her words.

For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting.

He who rebukes a man will afterward find more favor Than he who flatters with the tongue.

That's funny. Because someone's grandma said something wonderful you are jealous for compliments made to them and call it a smooth tongue? You think yourself the only sage in the group?

Sheila B

Acts 26:18
to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me.’

1 Corinthians 1:2
To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:

Hebrews 10:10
By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The only "process" of sanctification is the renewing of the mind of the sanctification that we already "have"

There are numerous threads dealing with have been - are being - and will be, sanctified. Each verse has its particular slant on the process of sanctification. Check out these threads if you want to learn more.

Ignoring whole sections of scripture is what leads to incomplete interpretations, and downright error.

ghost

Hall of Fame
There are numerous threads dealing with have been - are being - and will be, sanctified.
And I have corrected the false teachers in them, just like I have now corrected you.
Ignoring whole sections of scripture is what leads to incomplete interpretations, and downright error.
That should be nailed to the door of the Vatican

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are numerous threads dealing with have been - are being - and will be, sanctified. Each verse has its particular slant on the process of sanctification.

So why do you ignore who some in the Bible look forward to it, while others in it looked back on what they already have?

You said more or less, nothing.

Lon

Most people would say "Well, they weren't really Christians to begin with."

Now again...people will say that this person wasn't REALLY a Christian then. But why not? They were new to the faith and believed what they had been told and what they had read in the Bible. They were a young Christian that was not strong enough to see through the garbage the skeptic/atheist was telling them. How long does it take for someone to become a REAL Christian?
It isn't an easy discussion because it becomes subjective unless we look to the scriptures. I'm convinced from 1John 2:19 that it isn't possible for a believer to leave the faith. Above you describe what a believer is, but John says that not only does he/she have God, but God has them.

In chapter 1and2, John spells out the difference at great detail:
1Jn 1:5 And this is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all.
1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
1Jn 1:8 If we say that "we have no sin," we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that "we have not sinned," we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us.
1Jn 2:1 My little children, I write these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
1Jn 2:2 And He is the propitiation concerning our sins, and not concerning ours only, but also concerning the sins of all the world.
1Jn 2:3 And by this we know that we have known Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jn 2:4 He who says, "I have known Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn 2:5 But whoever keeps His Word, truly in this one the love of God is perfected. By this we know that we are in Him.
1Jn 2:6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk even as He walked.
1Jn 2:9 He who says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness.
1Jn 2:15 Do not love the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him,
1Jn 2:16 because all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
It is with this that the Apostle comes to say:
1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they were of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out so that it might be revealed that they were not all of us.
1Jn 2:20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.
To me then, this is who a believer is. He has an anointing, old things are passed away, he/she is a completely new creation.
I like Knight's idea on this but it is my estimation that such a one doesn't exist. I cannot see how a newcreation cannot be a new creation.

firon

Perfect Righteousness Through Christ

Perfect Righteousness Through Christ

Once someone is in Christ, there is perfect righteousness through Him. Anyone who is not in Christ has no hope!