toldailytopic: What are your thoughts on Planned Parenthood?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I do not approve of abortion under any circumstances.
Yet you are publicly affirming the number one abortion provider in the country. And based on what?? Because you utilized their services as a young adult??

I'm sorry but that's flat out vile.

Bean Counter

Well, being that you are a newbie and JUMPED to a conclusion.

In the future, I would appreciate you asking me my position on issues rather than assuming and accusing me of being fine with of something I am vehemently opposed to.

I do not approve of abortion under any circumstances.

I didn't "JUMP" to any conclusion. I merely inferred your attitude towards Planned Parenthood from your own words. Maybe you would like to change the way you worded post #7?

It comes across as a slight apathy towards child killing.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yet you are publicly affirming the number one abortion provider in the country. And based on what?? Because you utilized their services as a young adult??

I'm sorry but that's flat out vile.

No ... I gave you a detailed explanation. It was not an affirmation FOR abortion. I said specifically that abortion should be banned and that facilities such as PP and other female health clinics should be revamped to provide HEALTH services that do not include destroying the lives of unborn babies.

The person I replied to wants to bulldoze through buildings. How does that stop abortion?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Planned Parenthood doesn't hide their child killin' business.

Planned Parenthood released a new fact sheet yesterday with updated numbers for their services from the most recent year with data available, 2009. Surprise surprise, abortions are up, and adoptions are waaaay down.

Planned Parenthood’s trend of increasing their abortion numbers continues, with 332,278 unborn children killed in 2009, a 2.5% increase since 2008. The increase represents at least another $4 million in income for Planned Parenthood.

Meanwhile, adoption referrals are down 59%, with only 977 referrals in 2009. Planned Parenthood now does 333 abortions for every single adoption referral. Yes, it’s disgusting.

And, as in 2008, Planned Parenthood performed more abortions than it “prevented,” according to a second fact sheet: 332,278 abortions to an estimated 291,000 prevented. Don’t let anyone try to tell you that without Planned Parenthood, we would have more abortions–it’s not true.

- SOURCE

I don't care how many other services they offer or how many other young girls people think PP helps.... they are pure evil. You can't cover your murder with "good" deeds.

Breathe

The reasoning is that by being honest and giving them all the facts, it is promoting sexual promiscuity. :hammer:
You know, I will never understand that bizarre logic. We say that it's important to educate our children, but then so many are afraid to arm them with knowledge about sex and birth control.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No ... I gave you a detailed explanation.
You don't view the following as a public affirmation of the benefits of Planned Parenthood???

Providing health care for women which includes contraception is a GOOD thing. No pregnancy = no abortion.

Which part of that did you not understand?
Same here ... I utilized PP back in my late teens and mid twenties for less expensive birth control. For that purpose, they are great ... my only issue with them is that they perform abortions.

Breathe

Like the Lord told Samuel, we should look upon the heart.

You look at the heart, the intentions, of Planned Parenthood and it is evil. They want to murder unborn children. Save me the rhetoric about them trying to help people.

I don't believe the intentions of many hospitals are to murder the innocent. Like you say, they are required. The goal should be to remove the requirment.

It would be like wanting to destroy all of the concentration camps in Nazi Germany (Planned Parenthood), and also not destroying all the people who allowed it (hospitals), but removing Adolf Hitler who required it.

Hopefully you see the difference.
Nope. But I also don't see anything that proves to me that PP actually desires the murder of unborn children in your post, other than your assertion that they do.

PP is not the villain here - the refusal of the government to outlaw abortion is.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And thus the state of the pro-life fight. Even folks who call themselves staunch pro-lifers think the number one abortion provider in the nation is "good" and even "great". :nono:

Bean Counter

So why haven't you done it already?

Is that a serious question?

I said I would like to. That doesn't mean I'm going to turn into a vigilante and do it. Just like I would like to see all abortionists stop murdering children. That doesn't mean I'm going to be the one to fasten a millstone around their neck and push them into the depths of the sea.

But there will be justice...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I didn't "JUMP" to any conclusion.

Actually you did.

I merely inferred your attitude towards Planned Parenthood from your own words.

From the person who wants to put a wrecking ball through a building with men, women, children and unborn babies in it ....

Maybe you would like to change the way you worded post #7?

No, I would not. You could have just as easily asked rather than assumed.

It comes across as a slight apathy towards child killing.

Yea ... so do all of my posts stating that abortion should not be allowed under any circumstances.

You should check through all of my back posts. I have never made a point of expressly stating that child molesters and killers should receive the death penalty.

End sarcasm.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
PP is not the villain here - the refusal of the government to outlaw abortion is.
Right, right... the slave owner isn't wrong for keeping black slaves, it's only the government's fault for allowing slavery to remain legal. :dizzy:

Oh how I wish this forum had been around for 200 years instead of just 15.

Bean Counter

Nope. But I also don't see anything that proves to me that PP actually desires the murder of unborn children in your post, other than your assertion that they do.

Let me direct you to Knight's post. It's #44. It has something to do with murdering babies and receiving money for it.

And you are willingly blind if you think they don't desire to murder children.

Me: The Nazi's desired to murder the Jews.

Breathe: The Nazi's didn't desire to murder the Jews. They only did it.

Me: You're a fool.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is that a serious question?

It's in same nature as your response ...

I said I would like to. That doesn't mean I'm going to turn into a vigilante and do it. Just like I would like to see all abortionists stop murdering children.

My preference is to focus on banning abortion rather than destroying buildings.

That doesn't mean I'm going to be the one to fasten a millstone around their neck and push them into the depths of the sea.

But there will be justice...

Well .. anyone who think that would be jumping to conclusions. That's not a real appealing characteristic.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And thus the state of the pro-life fight. Even folks who call themselves staunch pro-lifers think the number one abortion provider in the nation is "good" and even "great". :nono:

I specifically stated that AOD should not be utilized or allowed.

Breathe

Right, right... the slave owner isn't wrong for keeping black slaves, it's only the government's fault for allowing slavery to remain legal. :dizzy:

Oh how I wish this forum had been around for 200 years instead of just 15.

I have noticed that men in general seem to have more issues with PP than women. Hmmmmm......:think:

Tell me, do you want to shut down all the hospitals who perform abortions? Close all the OB/Gyn offices that offer advice on birth control, and do abortions? What part of "they prevent many abortions, by arming girls with birth control knowledge" don't you understand?

If the government would make abortion illegal, all of those places wouldn't be able to perform them. Until then, however, they will be providing a plethora of health services to women.

Bean Counter

Well .. anyone who think that would be jumping to conclusions. That's not a real appealing characteristic.

As I already stated in post #42 (which you conveniently did not respond to), I did not jump to any conclusions, I was able to infer that from your onw words. My offer still stands for you to edit your post #7 which caused me to infer an inner apathy in you for child killing.

Would you like to edit your post?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am curious ... IF AOD was banned and it was a criminal offense to perform abortion, is there any reason for women's health care clinics to be torn down rather than utilized for taking care of the prenatal and health care needs of women?

Breathe

Let me direct you to Knight's post. It's #44. It has something to do with murdering babies and receiving money for it.

And you are willingly blind if you think they don't desire to murder children.

Me: The Nazi's desired to murder the Jews.

Breathe: The Nazi's didn't desire to murder the Jews. They only did it.

Me: You're a fool.
When you call someone else a fool because they don't appreciate your fuzzy logic, you take yourself out of contention as someone to be taken seriously. I suggest you work on that "self control" thing, and think before you hit "submit reply".