toldailytopic: What are your thoughts on Planned Parenthood?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
are you aware of what is happening today?
I know what you think is happening today. You think that the only reason no conservative judges are nominated is because the democrats will filibuster them. It's not only the democrats who do so, though. There are liberal republicans who will side with the democrats against their own party. That is why I do not vote according to the "R" behind a person's name. I vote according to the actions that person has committed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I will never vote for a democrat (too many political differences for me to want one in office, really). But, I will not vote for someone just because they are a republican. Basically, we've been paying these men and women to lie for too many years. I say vote them all out, regardless of the letter behind their name, and start all over again. Instead of giving them gigantic salaries and retirement packages, let them know that their housing and expenses will be paid while they're working in Washington, DC. When not in Washington, they will have to work to keep up their lifestyles. Senators and representatives should be allowed to serve no more than twelve years with no retirement package. Presidents serve two terms with no retirement. VPs serve two terms and get the possibility of being elected as president for two terms with no retirement.

I think that presidential appointments of supreme court justices should be stopped. Justices should be elected for no more than two four-year terms. Since most judges, in the US, are elected instead of appointed the supreme court justices should be the same way.

PureX

My comment wasn't aimed at you, in particular, Purex. I usually don't go into great detail, explaining what I do to try to stop abortion. I'd rather live by example than to tell people that I am so great because of what I do. I just get frustrated when I see or hear people say that pro-lifers don't do enough to stop abortion.
I just wanted you to know that your efforts aren't in vain.

Ps82

Why? Because I don't buy the line that the only way to get rid of abortion is to vote republican? When I see republicans act the part of an anti-abortion person outside of election season, I will start voting for them again.

Well, I'm a Republican that has for 11 years been actively volunteering to help girls in crisis pregnancies. I admire what you have done, Ebenz ... and I admit that on a personal family level I have not done some of the things you have done ... but in my own way I have been loyal to the pro-life cause and to helping the girls who have found themselves in crisis ... abandoned by society ... and in need of emotional and financial help.

I know many Republican voters, who are very concerned about what is happening to women and children in this society and are also helping. Quietly they financially support ministries that help women and children in need of rescuing ... and they do this willingly while also being nonjudgmental of the women.

You've done a lot ... but don't assume and prejudge others by jumping to the conclusion that they might not be doing their part to try to help during this horrible national crisis of abuse and murder.

Most liberals - whether they call themselves a Dem or a Rep ... look down their noses at these pro-life ministries ... so you see being a Dem or Rep is not the root of the problem for women. The problem is that a major part of our society is revealing a hard blind heart regarding God's will for women and children in our country.

They display their disregard for God, women and children when:
They ignore that women are being lied to and encouraged to commit evil acts that harm them ... when what they need is be taught the blunt wise truth ...
They turn a blind eye to the fact that women are being abandoned and abused by family, friends,and society, when they should be protected, cared for, and taught how to make better choices for themselves.
They make national policies that foster the destruction of families, women, children ... and, yes, even men by leading them down the path of sin and debauchery.

Women are in a dangerous pit ... by the 100's of thousands and that makes their womb a dangerous tomb for children. We must rise up in one accord (Reps and Dems) and begin changing things ... and if that means supporting a candidate because of his personal testimony and because his party has the political platform that states a pro-life agenda when the opposing party does not and when the opposing party actively promotes a pro-abortion agenda ... then I'm willing to vote FOR the person and people of the party that reveals a more pro-life / anti-abortion policy, and then do my best to hold them accountable .. with the help of like-minded peers.

Last edited:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You've done a lot ... but don't assume and prejudge others by jumping to the conclusion that they might not be doing their part to try to help during this horrible national crisis of abuse and murder.

Personally, I would rather assume that more people are like me, helping wherever they see a need. I don't assume that others aren't "doing their part." :chuckle: I worry about me doing my part.

I just tend to get mad at people like chrysostom who say that the only way to solve the abortion problem is to vote republican. That's where my attitude comes from, today. At least, that's where most of it comes, today. :)

Ps82

I'm sort of in the same mood today, Ebenz.
Let's just remember - working in one accord in the will of God is what will give us the hope of turning things around.