toldailytopic: What are your thoughts on Planned Parenthood?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for February 15th, 2012 09:43 AM

toldailytopic: What are your thoughts on Planned Parenthood?

1304441087.jpg

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Last edited:

jwp98

Very concerning that federal funds might be shunted to abortion services. Glad they can speak frankly about human sexuality and the pressures on young people. RCC for example seems to drop the ball on this. There used to be a "10 goals for 2020" on their website. It was all politics and had nothing to do with women's health....sickening

Oh, and they should change the name from PP to "Gratuitous Intercourse Without Conscience or Consequence"

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My thoughts on Planned Parenthood: The could be summed up in one simple word, pure unadulterated evil. They are are no better than the Nazi death camps the exterminated the Jews, only they exterminate unwanted children in the name of convenience. Sure they dress up what they are doing with euphemistic terms such as 'terminating a pregnancy' but it doesn't change the fact that they are murdering defenseless babies. One of my husband's favorite nicknames for this organization is 'Planned Unparenthood'.

Murder is the chief of their evils. They promote other evils as well: promiscuity and perversion in the name of sex education.

Planned ParentHood is also a drain on public funds. The Obama administration has increased funds flowing into it. This hog, Planned Parenthood has been slopping at the public trough long enough. Time to slaughter it. America doesn't need a company that makes money off of murder.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My thoughts on Planned Parenthood: The could be summed up in one simple word, pure unadulterated evil. They are are no better than the Nazi death camps the exterminated the Jews, only they exterminate unwanted children in the name of convenience. Sure they dress up what they are doing with euphemistic terms such as 'terminating a pregnancy' but it doesn't change the fact that they are murdering defenseless babies. One of my husband's favorite nicknames for this organization is 'Planned Unparenthood'.

Murder is the chief of their evils. They promote other evils as well: promiscuity and perversion in the name of sex education.

Planned ParentHood is also a drain on public funds. The Obama administration has increased funds flowing into it. This hog, Planned Parenthood has been slopping at the public trough long enough. Time to slaughter it. America doesn't need a company that makes money off of murder.
:first: POTD

Buzzword

PP helped my wife and I get cheaper birth control (saved nearly $100) and get her regular gynecologist appointment for nearly $300 cheaper than the doctor she'd been seeing before was charging.

I don't really follow the national policies of the organization, but around here their agencies are lauded for helping married couples CHOOSE when to start procreating while still enjoying a healthy sex life, especially in the midst of hard economic times when birth control is becoming more and more expensive, and for helping teens take steps to avoid shattering their lives with ill-thought choices.

And most of the time that doesn't even involve abortion.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
PP helped my wife and I get cheaper birth control (saved nearly $100) and get her regular gynecologist appointment for nearly $300 cheaper than the doctor she'd been seeing before was charging.

I don't really follow the national policies of the organization, but around here their agencies are lauded for helping married couples CHOOSE when to start procreating while still enjoying a healthy sex life, especially in the midst of hard economic times when birth control is becoming more and more expensive, and for helping teens take steps to avoid shattering their lives with ill-thought choices.

Same here ... I utilized PP back in my late teens and mid twenties for less expensive birth control. For that purpose, they are great ... my only issue with them is that they perform abortions.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Inzl Kett doesn't know what he's talking about. Comparing Planned Parenthood to theNazi death camps is not only idiotic, but offensive in the extreme. Planned Parenthood has never forced any woman to have an abortion. Ir doesn't go around rounding up women who are pregnant and force them to have abortions.
And if those poverty-stricken women HAD given birth, they would have been horribly burdened with children they would never have been able ot provide for adequately .
A great many of those terminated pregnancies, if the women had given birth, would have caused an enormous number of helpless children to grow up in abject poverty, filth, squalor, malnutrition,
abuse,neglect, lack of education and job opportunity , and to be surrounded by drugs,crime and random violence.
Even if PP is defunded by the government, this will do NOTHING to stop abortion. Even if PP went out of business altogether, abortion would remain common in America.
Planned Parenthood also provides desperately needed health care for millions of poor women who would otherwise be unable to afford this. Abortion is only a small part of its overall services.
In fact, Planned Parenthood offers health services which have PREVENTED many poor women from having abortions. Without PP, the abortion rate would probably be evenhigher than it already is .
And remember- even if there were no such thing as Planned Parenthood, abortion would still be common.
If anti-choicers get their way and abortion becomes illegal again, it won't be "safe,legal and rare", but unsafe,illegal and common .

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Inzl Kett doesn't know what he's talking about. Comparing Planned Parenthood to theNazi death camps is not only idiotic, but offensive in the extreme. Planned Parenthood has never forced any woman to have an abortion. Ir doesn't go around rounding up women who are pregnant and force them to have abortions.
And if those poverty-stricken women HAD given birth, they would have been horribly burdened with children they would never have been able ot provide for adequately .
A great many of those terminated pregnancies, if the women had given birth, would have caused an enormous number of helpless children to grow up in abject poverty, filth, squalor, malnutrition,
abuse,neglect, lack of education and job opportunity , and to be surrounded by drugs,crime and random violence.
Even if PP is defunded by the government, this will do NOTHING to stop abortion. Even if PP went out of business altogether, abortion would remain common in America.
Planned Parenthood also provides desperately needed health care for millions of poor women who would otherwise be unable to afford this. Abortion is only a small part of its overall services.
In fact, Planned Parenthood offers health services which have PREVENTED many poor women from having abortions. Without PP, the abortion rate would probably be evenhigher than it already is .
And remember- even if there were no such thing as Planned Parenthood, abortion would still be common.
If anti-choicers get their way and abortion becomes illegal again, it won't be "safe,legal and rare", but unsafe,illegal and common .

Yes Horn, we understand. Planned Parenthood is your hero because all those poor women who became pregnant by forced sex are allowed to snuff out their children at reduced prices or free!

Take that, IK ... The Horn has spoken!!!!

Or rather ranted .................................

PureX

Well, I certainly would prefer to see parenthood be planned, rather than unplanned. I don't know that much about what Planned Parenthood does, but I assume they provide information about inception, pregnancy, and child-rearing, as well as providing access to services regarding women's health and reproductive functions.

All in all this seems like a very admirable endeavor, to me.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Inzl Kett doesn't know what he's talking about.
For starters, get the cotton out of your eyes. See the gold badge under my avatar? It says Woman's club. Or do you have your head buried that deep in the sand that you can't read it?
Comparing Planned Parenthood to theNazi death camps is not only idiotic, but offensive in the extreme. Planned Parenthood has never forced any woman to have an abortion.
But the child doesn't have a choice in this matter. He gets killed. Babies are snuffed out by the millions.
And if those poverty-stricken women HAD given birth, they would have been horribly burdened with children they would never have been able ot provide for adequately:blabla: :allsmile: :allsmile:.
:sigh: There you go on one of your endless whiny tirades again. Are you aware how repetitious you are?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, I certainly would prefer to see parenthood be planned, rather than unplanned. I don't know that much about what Planned Parenthood does, but I assume they provide information about inception, pregnancy, and child-rearing, as well as providing access to services regarding women's health and reproductive functions.

All in all this seems like a very admirable endeavor, to me.

Planned Parenthood does provide birth control (free or at reasonable cost(, prenatal care, GYN exams and follow up care.

The negative is that they also provide abortion.

Dena

I don't really have many thoughts about Planned Parenthood. I watched the video posted above but I have no idea if that information is accurate (I suspect it isn't). I went to PP once and it was just like any other doctor visit.

PureX

Planned Parenthood does provide birth control (free or at reasonable cost(, prenatal care, GYN exams and follow up care.

The negative is that they also provide abortion.
Well, until abortion is declared illegal in this country, they are obliged to offer it as a possible course of action regarding an unplanned pregnancy. It's not Planned Parenthood's place, I don't think, to act as a moral adjudicator for the women who come to them. And for good reason. To do so would contradict their established purpose. Nor is it their fault when a woman chooses the option of a legal abortion.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, until abortion is declared illegal in this country, they are obliged to offer it as a possible course of action regarding an unplanned pregnancy. It's not Planned Parenthood's place, I don't think, to act as a moral adjudicator for the women who come to them. And for good reason. To do so would contradict their established purpose. Nor is it their fault when a woman chooses the option of a legal abortion.
Rewind a couple hundred years and PureX would state the following...

Well, until blacks being used as slaves is declared illegal in this country, we are obliged to offer it as a possible solution for the labor problem. It's not the plantation owners place, I don't think, to act as a moral adjudicator for the blacks who are sent to them. And for good reason. To do so would contradict their established purpose. Nor is it their fault when a slave dealer buys a slave and resells that slave to them.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not Planned Parenthood's place, I don't think, to act as a moral adjudicator for the women who come to them. And for good reason. To do so would contradict their established purpose. Nor is it their fault when a woman chooses the option of a legal abortion.

Actually any doctor who performs an abortion is as much at fault as the woman aborting ...

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In the United States the abortion industry generates about 1 billion dollars per year. The largest abortion provider is Planned Parenthood. Therefore it is in Planned Parenthood's best interest (financially) to promote abortion.

PP also gets over 300 million dollars per year from us tax payers.

PP's motto should be... "killin' babies is our business... and business is good".

isaiah541

Planned Parenthood used to be part of the American Euthanasia Project, part of the Birth Control League. They changed their name as a result of the disfavor that fell upon euthanasia proponents and researchers as fallout from the Holocaust in Nazi Germany. Research their founder, Margaret Sanger and you will discover this is an elitist social-population structuring foundation that calls most people unfit to have children. They are racist and seek to attack the most vulnerable with death.
So, what does Scripture say? We are to look out for, protect and rescue the weak and fatherless (Pro 24:11-12; Psa 82:2-4). We are not to stand back and watch while murderers take their lives. We have to ask, "Does God have more affection for bricks and mortar, for the powerful and wicked, or is His affection settled on those who are oppressed, defenseless and being killed?" We often confuse ourselves. An abortionist gets killed and we pull out the kleenex for him and his family. Why? Because we fail to recognize the true victim, the child Planned Parenthood says should not live.
This also calls into question our presuppositions about "family planning" and whose responsibility it is to form a family. Scripture affirms (OT & NT) that God determines when to open and close the womb. God gives man dominion over the creatures of the earth, but He never hands off His own unique role as Creator of those made in His image and likeness. Why is it so impossible for people to allow God to form their families? It's all about trust...... Christians should be especially mindful of the need to trust God in all things.
As to the Komen issue; Planned Parenthood is under investigation for taking monies to provide mammograms when, in fact, their own CEO stated they never do mammograms; they do what a phone book does; they "refer" women. That is not why they were given grants.
I believe those who consider PP to be "evil" are more thoroughly correct than most people know. These organizations have supplanted God's Law ("Thou shalt not murder") and its obligation to protect the weak with its opposite, "Thou shalt murder the most weak and treat their serial killers like heroes." How twisted is that? It is a slap in the face to God that His people are not more zealous to put an end to this sort of idolatry and child-sacrifice.