toldailytopic: The Rapture: do you believe such an event will take place? Why, or why

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for September 20th, 2012 10:17 AM

toldailytopic: The Rapture: do you believe such an event will take place? Why, or why not?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Letsargue

toldailytopic: The Rapture: do you believe such an event will take place? Why, or why not?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Ephesians 2:6-7 KJV – 6- “Hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in Heavenly Places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus”. ------

That’s the only - “Raising up, Raised up. Caught up, Snatched up, Delivered up, or Raptured, that is mentioned in all the Scripture in detail of its meaning. The event mentioned there cannot be redone, or done again to those recipients. If anyone can show how those mentioned there can be returned for another “catching up”, called “The Rapture”, to be done again later, - “Please” do!! – That event in those two verses is the “Rapture”. - Just because it doesn’t happen the way some want it to happen, doesn’t mean that God didn’t Rapture those guys, and is still supposed to be doing the same thing today, but cannot. --- Romans 6:4 KJV – “Therefore we are buried with him by Baptism into death: that like as Christ was ( “Raised up” ) from the dead by the Glory of the Father, even so we also should ( “Walk in Newness of Life” ). -------//--- Where shall we walk? – On the earth, or in Heavenly Places called the Church, or the Body of Christ, that Heavenly, and Glorious Place!! – If one is “Raised Up” and into Jesus Christ, you must be where Jesus is; -- “Heaven”; - that City, New Jerusalem, Paradise, or Christ / The Anointed.

Paul – 092012

This Charming Manc

Will we be taken up to meet Christ when he comes again. - yes

Will it before the tribulations - no

Will it lead to a 1000 year literal reign on earth - no

So I believe in it, but not as most do.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The scripture mistakenly taught as a "surprise rapture" of the church, is actually a description of the final and universal resurrection of all souls on the last day.

John 5:28-29
Revelation 20:11-15
II Peter 3:10-13
II Thessalonians 4:16-18
I Corinthians 15:51-54

Nang

josephemccrary

The Rapture is a man-made creation that is recorded in many holy books. It doesn't depict the ambiguous concept of an Supreme Being we can't understand. How do we remotely know that the God we don't comprehend at all going to Rapture us? Because the Bibles tells you?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What was the mystery pertaining to "the final and universal resurrection of all souls on the last day" ?

The mystery was the promise of transition from flesh and blood to receiving spiritual/heavenly bodies upon the final resurrection. Paul is explaining his revelation of I Corinthians 15:49 in vss 50-57.

SaulToPaul 2

The mystery was the promise of transition from flesh and blood to receiving spiritual/heavenly bodies upon the final resurrection. Paul is explaining his revelation of I Corinthians 15:49 in vss 50-57.

Was resurrection without first dying a mystery?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Was resurrection without first dying a mystery?

Not the subject of this passage. The subject is the necessary "change" in vss 51-52 promised.

(Please remember that even those saints still alive in the last day, already will have reckoned their "old man" to have died with Christ. That subject was thoroughly taught by Paul prior to this revelation and explanation of necessary change.)

Nang

TOL Subscriber
1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

The concept of being changed without dying first was a mystery.

If you think so, then you must abandon your own teachings of Romans 6:4-10 to avoid contradicting yourself.

SaulToPaul 2

If you think so, then you must abandon your own teachings of Romans 6:4-10 to avoid contradicting yourself.

How?

I still live in an earthly house, and I'm waiting on the heavenly one.

This does not change the fact that my corrupt earthly house was identified with Christ on the cross.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
How?

I still live in an earthly house, and I'm waiting on the heavenly one.

This does not change the fact that my corrupt earthly house was identified with Christ on the cross.

Yes. These facts are known by you and were learnt by Paul's earlier teachings. This was no more a mystery to the saints at Corinth than to you, for Paul had already taught this . . . before this new revelation (I Corinthians 15:49-54) that the physical resurrection of believers, whether in the graves or still walking the earth on that last day, would entail being changed from flesh/blood bodies to spiritual/heavenly bodies in order to stand in judgment and enter the kingdom of God.

Can you cite any where else prior in Paul's teachings this change was so described and explained?

Last edited: