toldailytopic: The iPhone 5 will be introduced today, do you care?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
vs.

What members of the boc should be doing, in our "free time:"
Bible-Reading.jpg

Priorities.Contrasts....
I have a sweet Bible program on my iPhone. I can do research keep notes, all kinds of stuff.

Priorities.Contrasts....

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just don't need a smart phone. If I spent more time away from home I might want one but I have computers at work and I have computers in my house. I do have a cell phone but it is pre pay all the way and I have been spending $30 every 90 days.

I don't exactly have a land line either. We have net talk live, which is some sort of internet phone. It costs $30/ year for unlimited calling in North America.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for September 12th, 2012 08:09 AM

toldailytopic: The iPhone 5 will be introduced today, do you care?
Yes, I do care, as I make a living dealing with wireless communications intellectual property matters.

Given the new phone's support of the LTE standard, it will immediately become the target of numerous patent issues that various holders of essential patents for the LTE standard will be closely examining. When they start to do that, I usually get a phone call for help in determining patent infringement issues.

AMR

pqmomba8

Bleaaahh, have an iPhone (4) from work.......what an INFERIOR piece of technology (allowing you to do ONLY what Steve Jobs [rest his soul] wanted you.) Android is SO VASTLY a better, more functional system.....AND the Samsung Galaxy III S is arguably the best smart phone in the history of mankind. :) (Yep, I'm a 'fan boy'. :)) Just the nearly 100% accurate speech to text is worth the price of admission....something that Android have had for years. (Haven't actually TYPED anything yet since I just talk into it.)

Choleric

I have a sweet Bible program on my iPhone. I can do research keep notes, all kinds of stuff.

Priorities.Contrasts....

Do tell. What program is that? I have one that I am fairly happy with "Holy Bible" designed by Paul Avery.

Which do you use?

Layla

Mine was like $20. I'm more fancy! Actually, it was the free phone I got with my $15 a month plan.

I'm on pay as you go cause I was only gonna be in the states for 6 months so there was no point getting a contract.

I might get a samsung when I get back to England. I've found them pretty reliable in the past.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A judge has pretty much already stated that the HTC 4G LTE patent is valid and apple is infringing, so expect an import ban on the iPhone 5 in around a week or so.
So... iPhone 5's are selling like hotcakes. Plenty of folks have them in their hot-little-hands. I haven't heard one word about any injunction from HTC (not even a peep).

bybee

So... iPhone 5's are selling like hotcakes. Plenty of folks have them in their hot-little-hands. I haven't heard one word about any injunction from HTC (not even a peep).

Oh, if only I knew how to use one! Just think, you can post on TOL from your phone whilst you look at maps to try and figure out where you are!:dizzy::help:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I grew up using this:
1907.jpg

We had one just like this. Lived kinda out in the sticks, I guess. You cranked it, and an operator came on and asked for the number, which you gave her. She took a jumper and connected your line to the one you wanted.

There was this little building uptown, where two operators did the connections. And yes, a party line. With several gabby neighbors. I can remember my Mom half-angry and half-laughing after she picked up the phone and heard the woman tell her friend:

"(sigh) I don't know what to talk about, next."