toldailytopic: Tell me why I don't like Mondays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 3rd, 2010 10:09 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't like Mondays because by the time I get to my office I have at least 5 fires to put out. Then... I always feel as if I am behind the rest of the day.

Last edited:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Bob Geldof never got a good answer.....what makes you think you will? :plain:

zoo22

I don't always dislike them. It's 50/50. Sometimes I love them. When I do dislike them, it's usually because

1. I've put work aside for the weekend, and it takes some time getting back in the mindset/groove of where I'd left off,
  2. People can get into a weird overcompensating "Monday back at work" mode and I'm not in synch with them,
  3. Didn't finish things I'd hoped to over the weekend,
  4. The Monday "put out fires" Knight'd posted about,
  5. If I don't work on a weekend but someone else I work with has, I can feel "behind" because of that,
  6. Conversely, if I've done a bunch of work over the weekend, sometimes I feel ahead, and sometimes like I need (or deserve) a break :chuckle:
  7. I look at where I'd left off with a fresh point-of-view and don't like it

Mostly, for various reasons (my own or others) it takes a bit getting back to speed and in synch with other people.

It really depends on what I'm working on and who I'm working with.

Newman

Oops
wrong thread..
how did I get on this thread?

See? There's another fire for Knight to put out.

Mondays suck because they aren't Friday evening, Saturday or Sunday.

And about the daily topics: Knight, you did this to yourself. I've often though that it was too big of a bite to chew, even with the separate thread for people to come up with daily topic ideas.

Zeke

Bob Geldof never ran an internet forum that needed a daily topic!

Make your gold, and silver folks come up with the topic, call them Gold and silver weeks, so your not being the beast of the daily topic burden, it will give you more time to work on your thirst.

Grace, Zeke.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't like Mondays because it's the first day of the work week and it means the weekend is over. :mad:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
humm, this seems to be for working people, not old women in bed.

I will answer as if this was 15 years ago. I decidedly disliked Thursday the most then, as it was on Friday when we had the week meeting and gave our findings on the incoming prisoners and it seemed not all was done on Thursday and tying up loose ends on Friday morning was pushing it just too far. Let social workers have incomplete cases, but not psychological profiles.

Thursday was not always worse, but you will have to stay tuned to the next exciting adventure of Ktoyou to find out other worse "days of our weeks" !

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I asked what Thomas the Psalmist thought . . .

Well Psalmist, the reason that Knight doesn't like Monday is because it is not spelled Friday.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I don't like Mondays because by the time I get to my office I have at least 5 fires to put out. Then... I always feel as if I am behind the rest of the day.

Asked, and answered. :squint:

AMR

Status
Not open for further replies.