toldailytopic: Since coming to TOL I have learned that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 20th, 2010 09:21 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Buzzword

"Conservative" and "liberal" are extremely relative terms.

People in general are much more eager to fight tooth and nail on the Internet, where they can simply ignore counter-arguments and use their keyboards to facelessly scream at other faceless individuals with whom they disagree, than they would be in a real-life setting where they might actually be forced to LISTEN to another person's opinions and reasoning.

^I guess I already knew that, but TOL has thrown it into the realm of the glaringly obvious.^

Son of Jack

I had been able to rid myself of some of my careless thinking.

I have learned to have thicker skin, but it is important to remain tender toward others because more often than not they are hurting worse than I am.

I have learned that a sense of humor is invaluable.

I have learned that many people have reasons for what they believe. They may not be good ones, or compelling ones, or even logical ones, but they are reasons nonetheless.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I learned that being saved is more a personal desire between man and God.

Theology is more like philosophy, without all the funny words,

grit

I learned that being saved is more a personal desire between man and God.

Theology is more like philosophy, without all the funny words,
Well said, well said, but come on, you really don't think supralapsarian is a funny word? ;)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dispensationalists have got it all wrong.

There is no rapture, no antichrist, and no “Great Tribulation.”

I am grateful that after spending 15 years in a dispy church, there were TOL members that were patient enough to show me the errors of dispensationalism (A2D & MAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.