toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they chan

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
GM is a Mormon? Really?

TL is not a Calvinist, but has Calvinistic ideas.:ha:

Thank you for that, TL has Calvinistic tendencies because Calvin had Pauline tendecies. I depart from Calvin in that he makes an assumption concerning predestination unto damnation and [in support] limited atonement which Paul does not make. Those cover whole swathes of important Calvinistic doctrine and mindset which I reject. The reason Calvin is STILL a theologian much beloved and revered is his adherence to the doctrines of predestination and election which if at all understood must exclude the concept of freewill and conditional salvation.

Which as you know is my belief that the bible teaches.

And I do highly regard my Calvinistic brethren as I do all brethren who hold differing views.

But predestination and election are especially precious.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If Grosnick will insist upon calling m calvinist I will insist that he is Mormon

Very mature of you! Now, what if I insist you're a parakeet, what
form of life would you insist, I be? Please consider carefully, there's
only one animal, bird, mammal, etc, you have to choose from! I think
that's only fair?

glorydaz

Salvation is not of works.

Salvation is a reward that God gives to those that please Him through their faith.

There are many rewards mentioned in the Bible, but salvation isn't one of them. Salvation is a gift. A reward is something you earn, and you didn't earn salvation.

Eph. 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
What is true at time x may not be true at time y.

C.S. Lewis was not always a Christian (former atheist/agnostic) and Charles Templeton was not always an apostate/agnostic (was a Christian).

C.S.L. I Know the other guy I don't but we do not go by what men say but by what God says. We do not trust to apparent evidence but thus saith the Lord.

If you say he was saved but then was lost..how then was he saved in the first place? he obviously wasn't.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Faith and works go hand in hand for if they didn't, well, one would be cut off according to Yeshua. John 15:1-10

You are going to have one hell of a time explaining yourself at judgement when you are judged on your works that you boast in. Sucks to be you.

IMJerusha

You are going to have one hell of a time explaining yourself at judgement when you are judged on your works that you boast in. Sucks to be you.

Nick, I don't have the slightest problem believing in Yeshua's words. Your words, however, could use an upgrade. The vernacular of the day is crude and not worthy of Christian lips because they are not worthy of Yeshua's.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nick, I don't have the slightest problem believing in Yeshua's words. Your words, however, could use an upgrade. The vernacular of the day is crude and not worthy of Christian lips because they are not worthy of Yeshua's.

Besides that, you still abide by a, works based religion, IMJ

Throwback

Romans 11 is not speaking of individual salvation, but of the Jews being the keepers of the oracles or Covenant of God and it's now being given to the Gentiles. It is now the time of the Gentiles with the preaching of the Gospel of Grace through FAITH.

You see a tree but miss the forest my friend. Paul's Roman letter was written to believers. It is those believers that he issued the warning I quoted (without a paraphrase). That warning to them using old covenant Israel to help make his point was pretty clear.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul's Roman letter was written to believers..

Actually, they were gentiles proseltyzed to Israel and Judaism in accordance with Genesis 12.

Romans 1

8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

15 So, as much as is in me, I am ready to preach the gospel to you who are in Rome also.

What faith is that if he is now ready to preach to them the gospel? Just as I said. They were proseltyzed to Israel.

17 Indeed you are called a Jew, and rest on the law, and make your boast in God, 18 and know His will, and approve the things that are excellent, being instructed out of the law, 19 and are confident that you yourself are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness,

Throwback

Actually, they were gentiles proseltyzed to Israel and Judaism in accordance with Genesis 12.

1 Paul, a slave of Jesus the Anointed One, who is called an Apostle, and who was set aside for the good news of God, 2 which He promised through His Prophets in the Holy Scriptures 3 that tell about His Son, who came in the flesh from the seed of David, 4 and who proved to be God's Son in a powerful way, when he (by [God's] Holy Breath) was resurrected from the dead…yes, Jesus the Anointed One and our Lord, 5 through whom we received loving care and a commission that we have obeyed, so that all the nations might have faith in his name, 6 from which you've also become called ones who belong to Jesus the Anointed. 7 To all in Rome, God's loved ones who were called to be holy. May you have favor and peace from God, our Father, and from the Lord Jesus, the Anointed.

Paul clarified who his audience was in the first 7 verses and clearly, they were believers who "belonged to the Christ."
The same audience is being addressed in chapter 11 when Paul says:

....you're there because you have faith. But don't think too much of yourselves… be fearful! 21 For, if God didn't spare the natural branches, He won't spare you either! 22 Therefore, recognize God's loving kindness, as well as [His] willingness to remove. For a fact; those who stumbled were cut off, while you received God's loving care… but it is yours only for as long as you stay in that [good relationship]. Otherwise, you'll be pruned off too!

IMJerusha

Besides that, you still abide by a, works based religion, IMJ

You can't tell the difference between works performed by the Ruach's leading or works performed by one bent on the useless act of attempting to save themselves because you can not see into the hearts of men. Only God and Yeshua can do that and you are neither.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nothing that refutes Yeshua's words is good GM, even when they come from a faithful person such as Nick.

Perhaps, it would be best for you to continue to study
and learn the truth, rather than continue to be in, Attack
mode? You're not doing so well, discerning the truth, it's
best you focus on baking your pies, unless you can add
something to the conversation! No offence, just trying
to steer you in the right direction!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You can't tell the difference between works performed by the Ruach's leading or works performed by one bent on the useless act of attempting to save themselves because you can not see into the hearts of men. Only God and Yeshua can do that and you are neither.

I can, pretty well grasp the truth of what someone believes, by
their own chosen words!