toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they chan

IMJerusha

Acts 24:14-15
14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.​

Yes, it's all in there!

IMJerusha

There's NO judgement awaiting the true believer, only the gain or
loss of rewards! Once one is, In Christ, they cannot lose what God
has made provision for!

"And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one." Do you just leave this part out? Or how about this part?..."Do not judge or you too will be judged." or this part?..." 'Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.' "

IMJerusha

In the scheme of things, would it really matter to you what I thought of those Scriptures?

It should matter to every believer according to God.
"When I say to a wicked person, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade them from their evil ways in order to save their life, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. But if you do warn the wicked person and they do not turn from their wickedness or from their evil ways, they will die for their sin; but you will have saved yourself. Again, when a righteous person turns from their righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before them, they will die. Since you did not warn them, they will die for their sin. The righteous things that person did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. But if you do warn the righteous person not to sin and they do not sin, they will surely live because they took warning, and you will have saved yourself.” Ezekiel 3:18-21

Notice that God states a righteous person can fall away in sin.

IMJerusha

It boils down to this; most on this thread believe in a "works based religion"

How do you know that? Are you God?...can you see into the hearts of men? No, you can't. Only God can. You see, this is what OSAS'ers do; they point to anyone in the Body who is following the leading of Ruach HaKodesh to obedience and service and cry "works based religion!" You judge what you have no right to and in the process, you decry God's words, Yeshua's words and the work of Ruach HaKodesh all while claiming the faith.

on the other hand, a very few (perhaps only two) believe that Christs shed blood and resurrection took away ALL their sins, and they have been placed into the body of Christ, by the work of the Holy Spirit, and cannot lose their standing before God!
Why you may ask? Because, Christ is in us and we are in Christ!!

Yes, we are placed in Yeshua but He is clear to say that we must remain in Him. It is incumbent on us to follow Ruach HaKodesh and produce fruit or be cut off from Him Who saves.

IMJerusha

Are you convinced that you'll spend eternity with God, or do you believe, that you must, stay the course, in order to gain eternal life?

"Similarly, anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor’s crown except by competing according to the rules. The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive a share of the crops."
2 Timothy 2:5-6

"Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, who have departed from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some. Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: 'The Lord knows those who are his,' and, 'Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.' " 2Timothy 2:14-19

I'm staying the course as Paul and the disciples did with the help of Ruach HaKodesh.

Last edited:

StanJ53

You, really must learn to focus a bit!

OK well I can see I'm NOT going to get a straight answer from you so that must mean you are equivocating. I search the thread and interesting, you're the only person who claims someone said we can lose our salvation!
Other time you says we can lose our 'standing in God'. Is that a euphemism for salvation?
So as no one on this thread has actually said you can lose your salvation, please stop purporting that they cannot.
Maybe focusing on the actual topic of Knights TOD, will help?

Thanks GM.

IMJerusha

Perhaps Knight or another Mod would be kind enough to fix the post tags? I have no doubt Stan will do what he can in that regard.

IMJerusha

am I missing something?

Some posts behind these between you and GM have incorrect post tags which make it difficult for people to accurately respond to. Sometimes this is just an oversight on the part of the poster and sometimes it's done purposefully to mess things up. I prefer to think the former as opposed to the latter.

Here is an example or two or three or four:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3453661&postcount=405

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3453653&postcount=403

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3453636&postcount=395

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3453642&postcount=398

glorydaz

I'd rather we keep it all together in one Glory so as to NOT deflect.
Let's not confuse the fruit of the Spirit with the fruit of our lives.

1. Matthew 13:23
    As for the one who was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the message and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty.”
  2. Matthew 21:43 Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit.”

Nope, we shouldn't confuse the fruit, nor should we confuse the source of that fruit.

You notice it's the fruit of the kingdom that is produced IN US? All fruit comes from the Spirit within us. Whatever works we do, of our own efforts....self-directed, as it were, are works of the flesh. All the works of the flesh will be burned up, whether they be from the saved or the unsaved. They aren't fruit, but tares. This refers to the fruit produced in us by way of believing the TRUTH of the Gospel.

Col. 1:5-6
For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel; Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:

Matt. 13:18-23
Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side. But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended. He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Here we see the "fruit" I believe you are talking about. These are a result of our salvation AND a result of our being His workmanship. These pertain to the gifts and fruit of the Spirit...all His work in us and not our own.

Eph. 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Paul always gives us a fuller knowledge of these things, and I think he does so quite well here in these verses. When we go out ahead of the Spirit and attempt to do good works, they are no more than "wood, hay, and stubble," which will be burned up by the refiner's fire. We CAN and will take "credit" for those.

1 Cor. 3:12
Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

1 Cor. 3:13-15
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

glorydaz

OK well I can see I'm NOT going to get a straight answer from you so that must mean you are equivocating. I search the thread and interesting, you're the only person who claims someone said we can lose our salvation!Other time you says we can lose our 'standing in God'. Is that a euphemism for salvation?

So as no one on this thread has actually said you can lose your salvation, please stop purporting that they cannot.
Maybe focusing on the actual topic of Knights TOD, will help?

Thanks GM.

I don't understand why you say this, Stan. :idunno:

This is about Knight's topic and everyone who disagrees with OSAS is saying someone can lose their salvation....even you, from what I've read.

IMJerusha

[*]Matthew 13:23
As for the one who was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the message and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty.”
[*]Matthew 21:43 Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit.”
[/LIST]

I wanted to thank you for bringing up Matthew 21 Stan because I forgot about the fig tree reference of Yeshua's in that chapter in terms of refutation of OSAS and addressing the OP. "Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered." The tree had, at one time, born fruit since Yeshua says, "May you never bear fruit again!" but when Yeshua was looking for fruit there was none. And notice what happened to the fig tree!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
and are you ever going to answer me as to WHO said we can LOSE our salvation?

Man, you are one nervous fella! Relax, and try to think some,
really happy thoughts. Perhaps, if I may suggest, have yourself
a nice tall glass of cool water. Then, be patient, and wait for
your answer. It just may be forthcoming?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I am sorry that you are suffering from a profound lack of information.
That is a condition known as ignorance.
It can be cured.

There are more branches to Christianity than the Roman Catholic sect and the Protestant sects that were formed from it.

I hold to the teachings of the Apostles from before the time of the Augustinian heresies.

That is why that scripture is all that is needed to answer a question on whether I am Catholic or Protestant.

Actually, I suffer from a profound idea that, you just might be
the kind of guy that, has a lot to say however, shows little
evidence of any true substance! Per chance, have I got you
pegged right?

glorydaz

I wanted to thank you for bringing up Matthew 21 Stan because I forgot about the fig tree reference of Yeshua's in that chapter in terms of refutation of OSAS and addressing the OP. "Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, “May you never bear fruit again!” Immediately the tree withered." The tree had, at one time, born fruit since Yeshua says, "May you never bear fruit again!" but when Yeshua was looking for fruit there was none. And notice what happened to the fig tree!

Yep, if you keep looking for loss of salvation, you'll continue to miss what the Word is actually teaching. Jesus was pointing to the judgment that was coming upon ISRAEL.

Thank you for providing an example of how people read the Word of God according to their own preconceived notions. :chuckle:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yep, if you keep looking for loss of salvation, you'll continue to miss what the Word is actually teaching. Jesus was pointing to the judgment that was coming upon ISRAEL.

Thank you for providing an example of how people read the Word of God according to their own preconceived notions. :chuckle:

Amen

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Some on this thread seem to prefer the idea that they
are capable of losing their salvation! It seems they feel safer
trusting in their deeds/works along side the free gift of Gods
mercy, forgiveness, and eternal life (through the shed blood
of Christ)

I think it may be part of their human nature! Sometimes,
when people get on a jet they have a hard time relinquishing
their control over to the pilot. They just don't trust the
pilot totally! Perhaps, this analogy fits some of the posters