toldailytopic: Is there any point in praying for the dead?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
What? You are are saying God is outside of time, but the Spirit is in time? What about Jesus? Outside then inside then outside again? Will Jesus be inside of time again during the millennial reign?

Why don't you ask Knight or Bob. Have them back it up with Scripture.

Cruciform

Purgatory is a man made doctrine that only confuses the issue. We are called to pray for others but not for the dead. If we can pray for the dead then that is so close to universiliam that there is no difference. But really what does the catholic denomination pray for when praying for the dead?
Already answered in Post #38 above.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

Tell me in your own words. Do you pray for the dead regarding salvation? yes or no.
"Regarding salvation," no, since only saved people are in purgatory. You would have known this if you'd read the sources I cited previously. You may want to do so before wasting more time asking questions whose answers you've already been given.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Regarding salvation," no, since only saved people are in purgatory. You would have known this if you'd read the sources I cited previously. You may want to do so before wasting more time asking questions whose answers you've already been given.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Why would saved people be in purgatory.