toldailytopic: Is Mitt Romney pro-life?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 10th, 2012 10:30 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for October 10th, 2012 10:30 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Mitt Romney will follow the precepts of his faith. He supports abortion in as much as it:

1. Endangers the life of the mother.
2. Results from an act of rape or incest.

The LDS view of abortion, in some respects, is far more Liberal than that of even the Catholic faith.

I do not support abortion for ANY REASON. Murder is murder. Sanctity is sanctity. God help those who feel otherwise.

WizardofOz

It depends on what will get him elected. :plain:

This! ^

Mitt Romney said on Tuesday that he has no plans for abortion legislation if elected president, a statement that is more moderate than ones he's made on the issue in the past.

"There's no legislation with regards to abortion that I'm familiar with that would become part of my agenda," Romney told the Des Moines Register editorial board.

Don't make waves, Willard.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
It depends on what will get him elected. :plain:

Yeah, this sums it up in my view.
The only thing I see that looks good for him on the topic is that planned parenthood hates him. Why is that? (straight question) His past speaks very poorly for him on the subject.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The only thing I see that looks good for him on the topic is that planned parenthood hates him. Why is that?
I saw a commercial last night from Planned Parenthood stating that Romney wants to shut down PP and I was like... "I wish!".

I think PP favors Obama, probably just because they think they might get less resistance from Obama but in the end they are going to support the Democrat over the Republican regardless of their actual views. I'm sure PP is going to just fine under Romney.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mitt Romney is about as pro-life as a fox in the hen house...

sky.

BANNED
Banned
The decision to have an abortion will never be settled by the government. At least Romney won't let the government pay for it through a socialized medical program.

PureX

I'm never sure what Romney thinks on any given day.
The people who have worked with him over the years say that he follows whatever thought process is necessary to get the "job done". He became a liberal republican when he was running for Governor because he knew that's what he would have to be to get elected. He changed to run for president for the same reasons. I believe the quote I heard had something to do with what he referred to as "shelf space". He would become whatever was required to get whatever space was available on the shelf.