toldailytopic: Is belief in the trinity necessary for salvation?

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Is belief in the trinity necessary for salvation?

Nothing is mentioned in Scripture about a belief (or requirement) in the Trinty for salvation.

I believe that the understanding of John 14:6, and acting upon that understanding and then hearing and acting upon it according Romans 10:6-13 (note Romans 10:10, confession) a person is saved, and 1 John 5:7 is the testimony.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
No, it is not necessary for salvation and I am going to make it clear why.
One thing to notice is that nobody can really show any real justification why it should be a salvation issue.

Time and time again, in fact, I have not only provided Scripture, metaphysics, and connections throughout the Bible which outline explicitly that Jesus is NOT God, and the only thing I have ever gotten in return from trinitarians is utter denial and bigotry.

The trinity concept is fruitless. It does enlighten one on anything and only causes confusion. Nothing good has ever come out of that cursed theology. It is quite vain, and it's ONLY usage in it's entire history has simply to been as a blunt object to bash others with.

It was founded on highly questionable grounds, and is simply absurd that it would be a salvation issue by any means. In fact, the one's who go on to bash others with it are the one's who should be questioning their salvation because it is obvious that such people are full of dead bones.

The truth is that the Bible does not 'clearly' lay out a trinity concept. A lot of Jews were worshiping angels, or more specifically, a Sephiroth Trinity after the events of Jesus. A lot of Jews connected that concept to Jesus. John and Paul both in their lifetimes opposed this greatly, and yet because people had an obsession with trinities and inter-changeable beings in every major culture it was no surprise that the Greeks would want to make an idol that many people would marvel at. They even tampered with Scripture to relay this image. And that is a mighty, mighty sin.

I did not reject the trinity initially, and when I did, it wasn't out of simply wanting to be on the contrary. My reason for putting away that triangle is because I snapped out of that daze upon realizing it's origin.
When one comes to terms with the fact that the Church was cursed from the start, one will see that it's central doctrines are as well. No sooner were the Church and it's doctrines established did the world fall into the Dark Ages and people were being persecuted over these doctrines.

It cannot be any clearer that it is not a holy concept, and I am appalled by the amount of people who have the audacity to continue some idea that it is a requirement for salvation. It is man-made, was obviously not spiritually given by the Church, and as I said, is fruitless.

If one still chooses to believe in the trinity, I see no real reason why that would be a salvation issue, but if one has any fear of God whatsoever, they will sow their mouths shut when someone says they do not believe it because you would be doing nothing then making a dividing line over virtually nothing.

Last edited:

S0Z0

BANNED
Banned
I have not only provided Scripture, metaphysics, and connections throughout the Bible which outline explicitly that Jesus is NOT God
Save yourself some time from reading the rest of his post. This is all you need to know about what he believes, and therefore, everything else he says is unimportant.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Concerning 1 John 5:7

Both Tertullian and Cyprian died in the mid 3rd century.

"The Lord says 'I and the Father are one' and likewise it is written of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 'And these three are one.'"

- Cyprian

"After His resurrection He promises in a pledge to His disciples that He will send them the promise of His Father; and lastly, He commands them to baptize into the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost, not into a unipersonal God."

- Tertullian

It was written according to these men.

This Charming Manc

Ok to be clear i am a classic Trinitarian, I believe the None trinitarian cults are outside the church, but I am sure people who have there theology wrong or ill defined on the trinity will be in heaven.

Faith in Christ is different that faith in the doctrines of Christ, however its still no excuse for bad doctrine in this area.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is a belief in Riemann's hypothesis necessary to work out if the vendor gave you the right change?

Salvation is a relationship with God based on doing what Jesus taught through the indwelling spirit. It's not the one who says they have faith that is saved but the one who does the will of God.

Krsto

If yes, then NO ONE was saved prior to the development of the doctrine of the trinity.

oatmeal

No, it is not.

Being extra biblical, and contrary to scripture, it falls under the category of erroneous doctrines.

oatmeal

keypurr

You all know what I believe in.
I have the same God that Jesus has.
The Trinity is a man made fable.
Thoes who say Jesus is god do not know him. Or who sent him either.
No one is saved till the fat angel blows the trumpet.

Sum1sGruj

BANNED
Banned
Yes. You believe in the ancient anti-christian heresy of Arianism.

You Catholics really are suckers. Though I do have to applaud Satan on his brilliant work of infiltrating the Church right from the start. Quite the endeavor there, he even tainted the reformists with a false idol.
Well done. Revelations will put all this in it's rightful place, so enjoy your trump while you can.

eameece

Save yourself some time from reading the rest of his post. This is all you need to know about what he believes, and therefore, everything else he says is unimportant.

That you admit being a right wing fanatic, is all you need to know about what S0Z0 believes, and therefore, everything else he says is unimportant.

Lon

John 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

So that either adds twelve more persons/minds (at least) to the Godhead, or more likely, as I believe, Galatians 2:20 and 1 Corinthians 2:16 are literally true.
You are pitting one passage against another here.

My understanding (yeah you can disagree here, np):
The first is talking about the sins of the man and his need to get them right with God.
The second is dealing with specifics against an individual.

We always must be careful with our 'interpretations' of passages and not pit them against one another.
First, I don't think it possible
Second, it is really, when you think about it, you or me arguing with God about one passage vs. another.

Not only that, but I thought you were modal in your thinking? That Jesus was God?

Why is there a rebuttal here? Or am I mistaken?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes. If the one who has atoned for your sins is not fully divine and fully human, then you remain in your sins.

AMR

oatmeal

Mar 2:7 Why does this one speak such blasphemies? Who can forgive sins except God only?

The scribes and Pharisees asked that.

In general, were the scribes and Pharisees?

a. disciples of the lord Jesus Christ

b. unbelievers and/or enemies of the lord Jesus Christ.

If you picked "b" you were correct.

However, since you have chosen to use the unbelieving/enemies of Jesus Christ theology to prove your theology, you lose.

You have shown your true colors.

Here is your opportunity to correct your thinking

Matthew 6:14-15

Matthew 18:21,35

Mark 11:25-26

Luke 6:37

Luke 11:4

Luke 17:3-4

II Corinthians 2:7,10;12:13

Ephesians 4:32

oatmeal

oatmeal

Yes, it is what Bible teaches. This is a very worn out subject here at TOL but, if you deny who God says he is, how can you be saved. It is as if you never believed at all.

Is. 43:11 I, even I, am Yahweh; and besides me there is no savior.

rocketman,

Seems like trinitarians cling to about 3 verses in scripture, the rest they ignore.

And for good reason, the rest of scripture absolutely and completely refutes trinitarian interpretation, thus trinitarian theology.

Nehemiah 9:27

"Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies."

You have much to learn about rightly dividing the word of truth.

Well, you can tag along and learn of me, for I am lowly and meek and you shall find rest to your soul

Matthew 11:29

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

oatmeal