toldailytopic: If I had 10 million dollars, I'd....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Berean

:sherlock: I'll start by keepin' an eye on Squishes and The Duck......and maybe TH too.

Yeah, I know he hasn't stirred up dissent yet but he is a Lawyer after all. :think:

Don't worry, Luca...er...I mean TomO. TH is German-Irish I think. I think he's related to this gentleman.

2ut58oy.jpg

Ps82

I relate with the dreams of those posting here who are practically dreaming.

Hopefully I would be willing to loosen my fist and tithe off the top... then, of course, there are taxes (but since I'm pretending - I'll ignore that in my dream.)

I'd give a certain amount to my children - probably 1,000,000 each and would probably set an age in the future for them to receive it.

I'd give my husband 1/2 of what was left so he would feel free to spend it in what ever way he wanted... then I'd feel free to spend my 1/2 the way I wanted.

I'd like to have my kitchen renovated with the best of everything and maybe to freshen the paint inside our entire home ... then I would take short vacations and stay in nice hotels ... I might buy my home place that is for sale at the moment and spend time there visiting with friends and hosting a family reunion.

Whenever I felt led, I would give money to ministries that are doing wonderful things for others... or donate to moral conservative causes.

I'd like to see my church rehire a young man that had great ideas for our church, but had to be let go because of lack of money... so if I could give something that would help rehire him I would.

Sleep very contentedly at night... and thank the LORD for my many blessings.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What's his nationality to do with it? Our bigotry is political and religious, not nationalistic.
:think: You're either growing or you're dying...or both, really, but that's depressing...basically, no matter what, you're dying.

What was the question again? :plain:

Oh, yeah, I'd go to a Wendy's and make them rue the day they boasted about that dollar menu. :thumb:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I would probobly give a portion to various ministries, and missionaries, I would set up my family so they would not have any financial burden. There are some friends that I would bless, I would also set up all my friends here at TOL with lifetime memberships :) (O.K. I'm suckin up for rep... LOL) Knight you will like this one , I would make Padron 1964 Anniversario's my everyday cigar!!! :chuckle:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My serious answer is pay off the mortgage and get new Suburban modified by BAE.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It would be another burden, more taxes, more financial investments, more hassle no matter what, even if I gave it away.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In no particular order:

Buy TOL and few other discussion forums. :squint:

Fund a modern translation of the Byzantine textform.

Set up a trust for my son.

Fund round the clock care for my wife.

Donate to my church.

Donate to my denomination (PCA) for church growth and mission activities.

Donate to one or two seminaries.

Donate to my local police department.

Establish a scholarship for new teacher education.

Put a new roof on my house.

Whatever is left, send to the Red Cross.

PM me if you have the money available for postal address and I will get started on these immediately. ;)

AMR

Lucky

Hall of Fame
First, I'd get outrageously taxed.

Second, I'd get to meet every long lost friend and family member, and not necessarily by choice.

Third, I'd go insane trying to decide what to do with the money.

So I guess most of the money will probably be spent on my remainder-of-life residency at a mental hospital.

I hope I never have 10 million dollars. Proverbs 30:8

This Charming Manc

In order ....

Make sure my family is safe and sorted.( 1- 1.50 mil )
pocket money 500,000 K
Extensive Travel and Study - 500,000 K
House - 500,000 K
Invest for future income - 2 million

That leave me 5 million for projects.

Targets Gonna be Africa, probably children, but id probably do some study into whats gonna be the best use of the money.

Failing that I could backslide and go on one long bender..............

Lovejoy

I have kids, so I assume that the vast bulk of 10 million would immediately be spent on shoes that won't fit in twenty minutes and various small metal cars and Barbie dolls. If anything is left over, I plan on building an unfashionable suburb of Sam's dominion.

Sorry TH, but I suspect that millions of scratch tickets can only result in several tons of that weird silver coating under my nails, and very likely tendinitis.

Lovejoy

:think: You're either growing or you're dying...or both, really, but that's depressing...basically, no matter what, you're dying.

What was the question again? :plain:

Oh, yeah, I'd go to a Wendy's and make them rue the day they boasted about that dollar menu. :thumb:

If I could get enough of these new millionaires to do that, I could invest in a high end bariatric clinic and spa, and get the rest of your guys money. Now I am a billionaire! What would I do with a billion dollars?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I have kids, so I assume that the vast bulk of 10 million would immediately be spent on shoes that won't fit in twenty minutes and various small metal cars and Barbie dolls. If anything is left over, I plan on building an unfashionable suburb of Sam's dominion.
You could open a Dollar Store there. Make a mint. Or you could open a candy factory and cut out the middle man.

Sorry TH, but I suspect that millions of scratch tickets can only result in several tons of that weird silver coating under my nails, and very likely tendinitis.
But for a while you'd have the illusion that you were on the verge of a life altering event, that each painful motion carried a better world behind it.

Sort of like the first time you vote. :plain:

Status
Not open for further replies.