toldailytopic: If I had 10 million dollars, I'd....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samstarrett

:think: You're either growing or you're dying...or both, really, but that's depressing...basically, no matter what, you're dying.

I guess we're all doing both, some faster than others, no?

What was the question again? :plain:

I think I was either telling my chief of secret police to leave you alone or telling him to keep an eye on you. :plain:

Oh, yeah, I'd go to a Wendy's and make them rue the day they boasted about that dollar menu. :thumb:

:D

mighty_duck

Oh, yeah, I'd go to a Wendy's and make them rue the day they boasted about that dollar menu. :thumb:
"Excuse me sir, did you mean 10 million spicy chicken nuggets, or 10 million 5 piece spicy chicken nuggets? oh, so 50 million spicy chicken nuggets then. Second window please."

This would be worth it just to see the expression on the guy stuck behind you in the drive through.

Squishes

Good one. I'd probably get some more education with the $1mln of spending money. :think: Possible degrees...

theology
philosophy
history
economics
physics

If you do not plan on being a part of academia, then getting a degree in the humanities is largely a waste. You can teach yourself faster and better on your own.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If you do not plan on being a part of academia, then getting a degree in the humanities is largely a waste. You can teach yourself faster and better on your own.

But you don't get a shiny diploma that way. :chuckle:

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
Bring on the cocaine and hookers!

Just kidding.

First I'd pay off my debts and my parents' debts. Then I'd renovate my folks house, or buy them a new one.

Then comes finishing my education. Finishing building a sweet hot rod out of my Bug. Going on a shopping spree at Moog and Doepfer. Having E. F. Keebler custom build me a violin.

Then I can live out my dream of being both a school teacher and a rock star.

fool

Hall of Fame
So, the correct answer (and write this down, I saw alot of people get it wrong) is you would invest the entire amount in a safe manner that would yield interest.
SAVE enough of that interest and add it to the Principal at a rate that will keep you up with inflation.
Then, go do XYZ with your 3 hundred thousand a year or whatever you have after the tax man gets ya.

El DLo

I'd probably spend a decent amount of it. I'd get myself a Gallardo, all the music equipment I've been saving up for and a house I can call my own. After that though, I'd use the money to invest, as well as funding my business's development. Of course I'd love to donate to charity, but I'd like to earn more so I could donate more.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Are you going to have a big sign over your building that says 'Secret Police Station'?

:think:Nah, that would be too gaudy and ostentatious....

It would have an olive oil import company as it's front. Word would get around. :plain:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I'd probably spend a decent amount of it. I'd get myself a Gallardo, all the music equipment I've been saving up for and a house I can call my own. After that though, I'd use the money to invest, as well as funding my business's development. Of course I'd love to donate to charity, but I'd like to earn more so I could donate more.

:plain: Dude...everyone has a Gallardo....show some originality.

Ps82

So, the correct answer (and write this down, I saw alot of people get it wrong) is you would invest the entire amount in a safe manner that would yield interest.
SAVE enough of that interest and add it to the Principal at a rate that will keep you up with inflation.
Then, go do XYZ with your 3 hundred thousand a year or whatever you have after the tax man gets ya.

I am investing ... and that gets pretty scary at times... especially since I am retired. Been through some times when big losses were seen ... with gradual recouping ... but then down again. I'm beginning to lose some of my long term trust in the US economy... and how secure is a paper dollar anyway... or investment accounts full of numbers that almost seem imaginary instead of real?

Can't think of anything better to do ... not sure that investing in gold is really the way to go. Gold is only worth something when other people can afford to buy it ... right? If things go south ... then so would gold... right?

Getting out of all debt ... having stores of supplies, and if I were young to work a farm, then owning property to cultivate might be beneficial.

Boy this post makes it hard for me to play make believe about $10,000,000.

Last edited:

Samstarrett

:think:Nah, that would be too gaudy and ostentatious....

It would have an olive oil import company as it's front. Word would get around. :plain:

'Did you hear about Benny?'

'No, what happened to him?'

'He went into that building on Main Street to get some olive oil. Never came back...'

:plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If I had 10 million dollars, I'd....

Have $9,999,999.35 more than I have on me at the moment. :think:

And I'd need bigger pockets. :plain:

One Eyed Jack

I'd buy a nice little house and build a new computer every week until I ran out of money. I'd probably send some Knight's way, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.