toldailytopic: How many years ago did dinosaurs walk the earth? And how do we know th

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Cows and whales being cousins is so much more scientific sounding than cows turned into whales and makes evolution sound so much more intelligent.

:rotfl:

Memento Mori

Thats because unlike you, i took it for what it said, not what i wanted to choose it said instead.

I believe you've given a new definition to the word "dense."

How are "related" and "evolved from" the same thing?

Cows are related to whales. Again, RELATED.

Cows did not evolve into whales.

So, to sum up, related does not equal evolved from.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So where did it say that whales came from cows?

Read the first line of the article i posted. Its exactly like saying we came from apes. You and mori there are just spinning it - i guess he hoped i couldnt verify what i said, and when i did, then it was that they are cousins, and have a common ancestor, the same garbage answer for how we humans came from apes.

Now do you see why i rarely debate this stuff even though ive taken tons of science? After a few years it gets old, it wont matter what i say, it wont matter to me what you say, each person has to figure it out for themselves.

We can all go tit for tat all day, all year, all century long.

Memento Mori

Read the first line of the article i posted. Its exactly like saying we came from apes. You and mori there are just spinning it - i guess he hoped i couldnt verify what i said, and when i did, then it was that they are cousins, and have a common ancestor, the same garbage answer for how we humans came from apes.

Now do you see why i rarely debate this stuff even though ive taken tons of science? After a few years it gets old, it wont matter what i say, it wont matter to me what you say, each person has to figure it out for themselves.

We can all go tit for tat all day, all year, all century long.

It would help if you knew what you were talking about.

What sort of science class did you take?

Alate_One

Read the first line of the article i posted. Its exactly like saying we came from apes.
We ARE apes . . . . Modern apes (chimpanzees, gorillas, Orangutans) however are not our ancestors but distant cousins. They can't be our ancestors when they are still running around any more than Lech Wałęsa is my ancestor.

(I have polish ancestry so there's a good chance we share a fairly recent common ancestor.)

Are we related yes, are all humans related and share common ancestors, obviously. And if you go far enough back we share ancestry with living apes and then still farther back monkeys.

You and mori there are just spinning it
- i guess he hoped i couldnt verify what i said, and when i did, then it was that they are cousins, and have a common ancestor, the same garbage answer for how we humans came from apes.
That's not spin, that's exactly correct. Whales evolved from groups of ungulates before they became the ungulates we know today. (they were even carnivorous)

What, you took one biology course? Did they cover evolution?

I don't know who taught you anatomy and phys but it's hard to teach it without touching on evolution. In ours we dissect cats, which have most of the same muscles, bones, nerves etc. as humans.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
We ARE apes . . . . Modern apes (chimpanzees, gorillas, Orangutans) however are not our ancestors but distant cousins. They can't be our ancestors when they are still running around any more than Lech Wałęsa is my ancestor.

(I have polish ancestry so there's a good chance we share a fairly recent common ancestor.)

Are we related yes, are all humans related and share common ancestors, obviously. And if you go far enough back we share ancestry with living apes and then still farther back monkeys.

That's not spin, that's exactly correct. Whales evolved from groups of ungulates before they became the ungulates we know today. (they were even carnivorous)

What, you took one biology course? Did they cover evolution?

I don't know who taught you anatomy and phys but it's hard to teach it without touching on evolution. In ours we dissect cats, which have most of the same muscles, bones, nerves etc. as humans.

Whoever said i didn't learn evolution? I have to believe it in order to have learned it?

And yes, its spin to now say they were cousins, when it used to be hailed that whales evolved from cows.

Evolution is always having to later spin something it gets wrong.

Alate_One

How about a blood sample instead?

Do you believe similar DNA shows relatedness?

Because the DNA backs up the fossil evidence.
The shorter the lines between two species, the more closely related they are (the more similar the DNA) The numbers show the actual number of DNA differences per 100 bases - this is based on whole genome sequence.

FYI Dolphins are cetaceans - which include whales.

29%25E3%2581%25BB%25E4%25B9%25B3%25E9%25A1%259E.png

Alate_One

Whoever said i didn't learn evolution? I have to believe it in order to have learned it?
Biology courses don't always spend much time on evolution unfortunately. Plus, the way you've been talking leads me to believe you don't understand it very well.

And yes, its spin to now say they were cousins, when it used to be hailed that whales evolved from cows.

It was NEVER hailed whales evolved from cows. That's plain idiotic, if some journalist misinterpreted the science that's one thing. But no trained scientist should say something that stupid.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You can throw 100 charts at me, i do not believe in evolution and if all my science courses over years did not convince me of toe, you certainly aren't going to with a chart.