toldailytopic: How many years ago did dinosaurs walk the earth? And how do we know th

Alate_One

I agree its idiotic but yes they did.
I've yet to see you post anything where that was said by any "evolutionist".

You can throw 100 charts at me, i do not believe in evolution and if all my science courses over years did not convince me of toe, you certainly aren't going to with a chart.
The "chart" is a phylogeny which came out last year comparing whole genome sequence between placental mammals. It's hard to think you've taken biology and didn't learn about DNA similarities between species.

Don't you find it rather odd that the fossils and the DNA both result in the same conclusion that cows and cetaceans are more closely related to one another than any other mammals?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Very pretty pictures, Alate. Any response to the actual evidence and the discussion that was relevant?

Alate_One

Very pretty pictures, Alate. Any response to the actual evidence and the discussion that was relevant?

That particular image is results from data analysis . . . but then you apparently can't analyze data to save your life. :sleep:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That particular image is results from data analysis . . . but then you apparently can't analyze data to save your life. :sleep:

Dodge, bob, weave.

Fossil evidence is the key to understanding the story of our flaura and fauna. But you cannot talk sensibly about the water and cement.

Alate_One

Dodge, bob, weave.

Fossil evidence is the key to understanding the story of our flaura and fauna. But you cannot talk sensibly about the water and cement.

I've seen you provide no evidence that water and "cement" are actually needed for every or any one particular fossilization event. You complain about assertions and then make them at every turn.

The OP is about how long ago dinosaurs existed. I've given evidence for the extinction event, but you don't want to discuss it. I gave you the geological information on the microraptor fossil (which you say is a bird, again sans definition or evidence) that I could find. You've done no work on your own. I have better things to do than "discuss" an issue with you that you're not willing to do anything other than make assertions about.

Your conversations are always:
1. I spend time digging up evidence.
2. You make assertions which ignore the evidence.
3. (Repeat ad nauseum)

I'm not going to waste time with you, save when it happens to satisfy my own curiosity.

alwight

evodebate.jpg

You can throw 100 charts at me, i do not believe in evolution and if all my science courses over years did not convince me of toe, you certainly aren't going to with a chart.
:deadhorse:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've seen you provide no evidence that water and "cement" are actually needed for every or any one particular fossilization event. You complain about assertions and then make them at every turn.
I see.

Showing evidence for cement and water in the production of fossils is like asking for evidence that the Earth is round.

If you're not willing to accept that cement and water are required for fossilisation, we might as well be dealing with a flat-earther.

The OP is about how long ago dinosaurs existed.
Yip. And the best evidence for how long something has been dead is the organism, or what's left of it.
I've given evidence for the extinction event, but you don't want to discuss it.
And you don't want to talk about cement and water. :idunno:

I gave you the geological information on the microraptor fossil (which you say is a bird, again sans definition or evidence) that I could find. You've done no work on your own. I have better things to do than "discuss" an issue with you that you're not willing to do anything other than make assertions about.
Cement and water. :thumb:

Your conversations are always:
1. I spend time digging up evidence.
2. You make assertions which ignore the evidence.
3. (Repeat ad nauseum)
:yawn:

I'm not going to waste time with you, save when it happens to satisfy my own curiosity.
:wave:

:loser:

Alate_One

I see.

Showing evidence for cement and water in the production of fossils is like asking for evidence that the Earth is round.
Okay, why don't you do some basic explanation hmm? I've done it for you multiple times.

If you're not willing to accept that cement and water are required for fossilisation, we might as well be dealing with a flat-earther.
"Cement" is meaningless to me, unless you mean the human-made substance. How about you explain yourself? We've already established water in this case, being a lake bed, but you forgot about that.

If you want to say cement = sticky then yes lake bottoms are very sticky and hold together quite well.

Yip. And the best evidence for how long something has been dead is the organism, or what's left of it.And you don't want to talk about cement and water. :idunno:
Degree of preservation of a fossil does not necessarily tell you the age, only the conditions of preservation, that much should be obvious even to you.

Preservation of such a degree as the Microraptor fossils is quite rare. It is found only in a handful of sites around the world. If you're going to assert that the same mechanism has formed all fossils, YOU need to explain why Konservat-Lagerstätten are so rare.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay, why don't you do some basic explanation hmm? I've done it for you multiple times.
Sure thing. :thumb:

Fossilisation is a process whereby the original material of an organism is replaced by minerals (most commonly calcium carbonate). In order for this process to proceed, there must be water present. This is why every description of sedimentary rocks necessitates a "warm, shallow sea" or an "anoxic lake" from the evolutionists. So much so, that it seems the entire globe was "warm shallow sea". :chuckle:

Accusing me of making unsupported assertions when I say water and cement is required for fossilisation is like being contrary when I say the Earth is round.

"Cement" is meaningless to me
Oh, well. I'm sure you'll get over it. :)

How about you explain yourself?
Again?

We've already established water in this case, being a lake bed, but you forgot about that.
:AMR:

And you're accusing me of making unsupported assertions when I say there was water and you agree there was water? :dizzy:

If you want to say cement = sticky then yes lake bottoms are very sticky and hold together quite well.
:rotfl:

Not dried out. Dried out they turn into mud and crack and desiccate rather quickly. They don't make rocks without cement.

Degree of preservation of a fossil does not necessarily tell you the age, only the conditions of preservation, that much should be obvious even to you.
At least you seem now willing to look at the evidence. :thumb:

Preservation of such a degree as the Microraptor fossils is quite rare. It is found only in a handful of sites around the world. If you're going to assert that the same mechanism has formed all fossils, YOU need to explain why Konservat-Lagerstätten are so rare.
Try having the discussion instead of making up straw men to beat. :thumb: