toldailytopic: End times. Are we in them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
According to the Global Warming folks, the overpopulation folks, the running-out-of-resources folks, and the environmental-wacko folks, we have been in the End Times for the last 40+ years, at least. Their salvation plan consists of a one-world government which can rule and regulate our profligate lives and ill-gotten fortunes. This kind of thing gets serious attention, even though all of their horrible predictions have failed to materialize.

Then the same people will tell you that the End Times predictions contained in the Bible are sheer fantasy and will never happen. Things will continue as they always have.

Seems to me the End Times either are or aren't. One cannot have a partial or incomplete view of it.

Quasar1011

According to Paul in Romans, the Gospel did go into all the world by the time he wrote Romans:

Romans 10:17-18. Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did: "Their voice has gone out into all the earth (ghay), their words to the ends of the world” (oikoumene).
If that is the case, then the Gospel has been going into all the world since the time of Adam.

Krsto

Do you know why they missed it? Afterall, they hailed him as he rode in on a donkey through the exact gate.

Whatever you do, don't believe the Bible.

Is there a reason why the reason why they missed it is a reason why YOU missed it?

csuguy

I'd be careful about being definite about something like this - but all our back to back big time natural disasters over the past several years has got me convinced somethings coming :think:

Trumpetfolker

@ Sozo

@ Sozo

When what I say was written in the Bible by holy men of old (prophets and apostles), the elect did say it.
The dragon is the one who was in heaven accusing our brethren twice everyday. When Jesus cleansed heavenly things with His own blood, the dragon was cast out of heaven into the earth.
Now, there is a beast of prophecy which comes to power on earth who exercises the power of the dragon on earth. He accuses the brethren. He speaks like a dragon.
Don't stand with him.

Trumpetfolker

@ Ps82

@ Ps82

Please do not forget. When it comes to authority, creation has undergone a flip-flop .
Joh 3:35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

Joh 13:3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

Ps 8:5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

Heb 2:7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:

Heb 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
In this flip-flop, men, who were once the servants, now have the potential to be the masters by believing on the Name of Jesus.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
That which Jesus accomplished -i. e., fulfilling all of the conditions of the covenant ordained by angels (see Ga 3:19)- garnered a mighty inheritance. He inherited all things.
Heb 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
We who believe on Him are joint heirs of that.
Ro 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Heb 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
In being reconciled to God, the dominion of our first ancestor -which, for thousands of years, was exercised in the darkness of the adversary as men hid from God there- may, again, be exercised in the light and favor of God.
Thus, the kingdom of God was established on earth anew with Jesus.
Lu 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Mt 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.

Mr 14:25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

Lu 22:18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

Joh 19:29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.
30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
Now, all things are ours.
1 Co 3:21 ¶ Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
We know this if we are taught by the Spirit.
1 Co 2:6 ¶ Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
And, thus becoming spiritual, we judge all things.
1 Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
We will even judge angels.
1Co 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
However, it will not be us per se. Rather, it is the Word of God in us that will do the judging.
Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

When what I say was written in the Bible by holy men of old (prophets and apostles), the elect did say it.
The dragon is the one who was in heaven accusing our brethren twice everyday. When Jesus cleansed heavenly things with His own blood, the dragon was cast out of heaven into the earth.
Now, there is a beast of prophecy which comes to power on earth who exercises the power of the dragon on earth. He accuses the brethren. He speaks like a dragon.
Don't stand with him.
I have not accused the brethren, only a wolf.

Trumpetfolker

@ the unbeliever

@ the unbeliever

There are many things stated as present fact by apostles who wrote them over 1900 years ago. However, because you haven't seen them, you don't believe them.
The price of walking by sight and not by faith is that you have to re-misinterpret everything. One of these re-misinterpretations begins with the misdefinition of the Greek word for 'stewardship'.
Until you disbelievers look to Christ for the only God-approved example of the will of God being done on earth as it was in heaven, and copy it, you will not know WHAT the doctrine of Jesus is.
Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

Joh 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.
The apostles are the one's Jesus sent as His Father had sent Him.
Joh 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
If you will not believe the one that is sent, you will not believe the sender.
Mr 9:37 Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.

Lu 9:48 And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

Joh 12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.

Joh 13:16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

Joh 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
The apostles began dispensing grace to the twelve tribes long ago. That's what they were sent to do.
Joh 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
Wrath comes upon those who hold the truth in unrighteousness.
Ro 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: End times. Are we in them?

With the other responses, and lack of a better answer to a centuries old question, it is a question that still deserves and answer/explantion, and probably a better one than what I have to offer . . .

End times. Are we in them.
  • To some it is like asking ten men who are blind folded to describe an elephant.
  • To non-believer it doesn't matter, as when their ending day comes, as most of them say or believe, that the end of it for me.
  • Those that are not sure, it is wait and see.
  • To the Christian in name only, who really do not have Christ Jesus in the heart, what do they really think about the end of all this.
  • Every generation of the Church has believed they were in the end times. I think more so now.

There has always been . . .
  • A war or wars going on.
  • Lawlessness.
  • The vile wickedness of Sodom and Gomorrah, now global.
  • Some countries seeking world dominance, but there are still minor points of disagreement and contention, a fine example the UN is.
  • Earthquakes, the earth is doing more than shifting and adjusting
  • And all are increasing.

Are these way marks pointing to the . . .
  • Conclusion of all things and mankind?
  • Complete and absolute annihilation?
  • Universalism of all is right with the world?
  • Matthew 24:44?

The end times? Luke 21:28 Maybe this will be the generation that will be blessed to see the dawning of our redemption; I believe the whole groans and longs for redemption, just as to the redeemed of the Lord do and more so as we the day approaching.​

Wanda Short

Why?

Why?

Well that's depressing. :sigh:

Why is that depressing? You prefer to still be under the Old Covenant and the Law??

Not me, I rejoice that the we live in the New Covenant and in the presence of God with no more barriers!

I feel bad for anyone believing that these are the last days and that this "world" will end...relax...the last days already happened in the first century!

Blessings!

Trumpetfolker

@ Sozo

@ Sozo

What is depressing is the idea that Jesus might have left us here in a place with no power to effect it: that He left us here as Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise that we would be a blessing to all the families of the earth- but not really.
Dispensationalism has robbed the church of it's inheritance which is the New Covenant power to turn the world up-side down by faith in the word of the Lord.
While the only hope that dispensationalists have is to retreat from the fight and escape by the skin of their teeth saying "The words of Jesus are just for the Jews", there are many people of real faith in God saying, "No. No. I will not go. I will stay and occupy till, either, I give up this body, or my Lord returns. And I will occupy according to the words He left us through the apostles. I will use this sword of the spirit that is the judging words Jesus and the Holy Spirit delivered to the apostles from the Father in heaven.
"Empowered by the Spirit which was sent for our help, I will obey the Just One who bought me with His own precious blood. I will pray in faith, "Father in heaven, Thy will be done on earth as it is where You and Your only genetic Son, Jesus, are."
"I will know my God, and I will do exploits in His holy Name"
These are the kind of spiritual warriors who will judge angels, and be given cities on earth having inherited the nations; and who will, at the time of the feast of tabernacles, come with their wives and children and their hands full of corn and wine to tabernacle around the tabernacle of David as inhabitants of New Jerusalem, and hear the Word of the Lord delivered by the High Priest according to the order of Melchizedek- Jesus, Himself.
We will see Jesus in joy.
We have the victory that overcomes the world- even our faith. We live by the faith of the Son of God- not the excuses of Bullinger or Scofield.
The faith of the Son of God is that we will do works like His; and mightier works than His will we do because He has gone to the Father.
The faith of the Son of God is that the Father would include us who believe by the words of the apostles (which they did write down so we could believe) and be in unity with the Father and the Son in heaven while we are yet on earth.
Depressing is the thought that much of what is called Christianity is nothing but men living by sight and not by faith making excuses for their powerlessness because that's where the money.
Become more than a mere man, Sozo. Be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Gain the mind of Christ. Use the power which has been given you when you believed on the name of Jesus to manifest as a Son of God.
God's not mad at you. But, you don't want to die and go into His presence having believed and loved men and money more than you believed and loved God's Son and His Word.
When Jesus comes back, will He find faith in the earth? Not if the dispensationalists have anything to do with it.
But, as for me and my house, we will enjoy the grace of God serving the Lord.
If we are in the end times, it is because re-misinterpreters like Bullinger and Scofield have succeeded in removing the savor from the salt- it is time for judgment to begin at the house of God.
Even so, I am not ashamed of the good news of Christ. It is the power of God unto SALVATION; to the Jew first, and, also, to the Greek.

Status
Not open for further replies.