toldailytopic: End times. Are we in them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 5th, 2010 11:19 AM

toldailytopic: End times. Are we in them?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

antiknight

We are living in the greatest times of the history of this planet, why would anyone consider that the end?

Granite

Hall of Fame
No, of course not. Not as Christians understand it.

The end of oil? Sure. The end of life as know it today? I'd say we're moving into a definite transitional period, sure.

Cracked

Yes - but my eschatology is not great. Maybe someone could help me out here. Wouldn't any time between the first coming of Christ and His second coming be, technically, end times?

EDIT: I'm probably totally confused here, I think we need a TOL end times class. Knight, I nominate you to teach it, since you brought up the subject :)

bybee

That is to say

That is to say

time? We have today. If I allow myself to dwell on it it seems that perhaps we approach an ending. Perhaps the earth is simply seeking equilibrium? That is my daily goal, among others. bybee

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Yes - but my eschatology is not great. Maybe someone could help me out here. Wouldn't any time between the first coming of Christ and His second coming be, technically, end times?

EDIT: I'm probably totally confused here, I think we need a TOL end times class. Knight, I nominate you to teach it, since you brought up the subject :)

Technically no....you are not confused. we are in the End Times and have been for the past two thousand years. :plain:

GuySmiley

When Shalom, Vaquero45, and I publish our book "Growing up Charismatic" this topic will be an entire chapter. The short version is: yes, of course, we are in the end times, and the rapture can't be more than 2 years away, and its been that way for 30 years :)

OMEGA

Are you people blind. WAKE UP .

EZEKIEL 36 Predicted 1948 establishment of Israel
and the subsequent 1967 WAR.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=ezekiel+1967&meta=

Mt 16:2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
Mt 16:3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
No, I don't think so. One of my cousins is sure of it. I think it will happen when most think not; I wonder where I get these strange ideas? ;)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you people blind. WAKE UP .

Matthew 24

1 Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

4 And Jesus answered and said to them:....44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect....

34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.

So the Temple was torn down, and the generation did pass away. All roads lead to MAD. The prophecy interupted. Extra portions thrown in for good measure. You don't know when, so always be ready, as he told ISRAEL.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
If time is a continuum, every minute, hour and day takes us closer to "end times."

For vast majority of "early Christians" who were poor and subject to the repeated religious "persecutions" that swept through the Roman Empire during the first 3 centuries, "end times" were widely anticipated as a release from an unhappy existence.

"Modern Christians" have a slightly different perspective, and "end times" is often preached from the pulpit as a "threat," encouraging people to convert out of fear and not love.

It is my understanding that the purpose of mankind is to glorify God based on his own free will - not through coercion.

Last edited:

Alate_One

No. People should stop worrying about the end times.
Agreed.
I got rather burned out of the "end times" stuff after growing up with nothing but hype about it.
Indeed it could be tomorrow, 30 years, 2000 years, 10,000 years who knows. The point is to be ready whether you are raptured or die of a sudden heart attack.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
When Shalom, Vaquero45, and I publish our book "Growing up Charismatic" this topic will be an entire chapter. The short version is: yes, of course, we are in the end times, and the rapture can't be more than 2 years away, and its been that way for 30 years :)
:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.