toldailytopic: During His earthly ministry would Jesus have approved of the homosexua

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
And what if that person ignored Jesus advice and continued in their sin? What would have Jesus thought or said about them then?

1Cor. 6:9 Or don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals,
1Cor. 6:10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor extortioners, will inherit the Kingdom of God.

I leave out the next verse because that is for the regenerate in Christ.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And what if that person ignored Jesus advice and continued in their sin? What would have Jesus thought or said about them then?

Didn't He also say something about kicking the dirt of one's sandals and walking away, if His message wasn't heard?

WizardofOz

This and what I was taught and I believe is that neither can they have a position in your church government. I was taught that as Christians we aren't called to fight this battle outside of the church.

This can be backed up with scripture as well. :thumb:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He doesn't even approve of coveting...

Orientation is gender. There are only two.

elohiym

Whatever happened to elohiym? Remember that guy who seemed like he was a pretty sharp Christian dude?

Please don't do that, brother. You are wrongly implying I have stated my position and that it is different now than it was previously.

elohiym

Is there a difference? One kind of leads to the other does it not? I think you are parsing words here.

Rather I am confused by the position of many people who call themselves Christian. I've heard a number on this forum claim that as long homosexuals don't engage in homosexual acts, they are not sinning.

Do you agree with them? Yes or no.

If you are trying to separate feelings from action well, having feelings does not constitute the act so the feelings in and of themselves are not the issue IMO.

Then you would answer "yes" to my question above, and your position is confusing.

What specific acts do female homosexuals engage in that is sinful? So far you've excluded their same sex attraction.

What specific acts do male homosexuals engage in that is sinful? Are those same sex acts sinful if heterosexual married couples do them?

That's a good question elo, why don't you give us the answer...I gave you mine above.

My answer is yes, a person can be saved while being a homosexual and engaging in homosexual acts.

Why do you think our answers are so different?

elohiym

So... you were always a fool? :idunno:

Why are you doing this, brother? :(

Answer the question, please:

Can a person be saved while they have homosexual feelings and/or are engaging in homosexual acts? Yes or no.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it doesn't matter

Peter was given the power to bind and loose
and
the current pope has it

elohiym

Several of your friends on this forum have argued for years that those born of God cease from sin completely, that they cannot sin being in Christ (1Jn 3:9). You consistently argued against that position in the past. I once pressed you on the issue and asked why don't you completely stop sinning to which you essentially responded that you wish you could stop sinning but you couldn't.

If you still believe you cannot completely cease from sin then please answer your own questions as they apply to you.

elohiym

I really did not catch this phrase in my last post elo, "Can" a person be saved while engaging in this behavior? I would say Yes God can save anyone from any sin they are engaged in ...

I didn't mean get them to stop. I meant are they saved while they have same sex attraction and engage in sex with the same gender?

, "Is" a person saved that engages in this behavior? I would say it is doubtful, can you really say you are His when you choose to live contrary to His word from the get go?

Can you say you're His every time you covet? If yes, why you but not them?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1Cor. 6:9 Or don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals,
1Cor. 6:10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor extortioners, will inherit the Kingdom of God.

Yep. Homosexual conduct is one of the behaviors that show an unregenerate heart. It is a rejection of God and His principles. No Christian should be identifying himself as a homosexual. Trying to mix homosexuality with Christianity is like mixing oil with water. Never the twain shall meet.

picture.php

Political cartoon I sketched in the 1980's.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
My answer is yes, a person can be saved while being a homosexual and engaging in homosexual acts.

Why do you think our answer are so different?

Because your answer shows approval of homosexuality and mine does not. We do not agree elo, I say if somebody is engaging in this behavior and claiming that they are regenerate in Christ, they are decieved and have never tasted salvation to begin with. Do you really believe you can live in opposition to the God you serve and claim to be "In Christ"? If anyone believes this they have been ripped off, deceived, and the Truth is not in them to begin with.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Yep. Homosexual conduct is one of the behaviors that show an unregenerate heart. It is a rejection of God and His principles. No Christian should be identifying himself as a homosexual. Trying to mix homosexuality with Christianity is like mixing oil with water. Never the twain shall meet.
I disagree.

It's a behavior that cannot be willfully embraced without showing an unregenerate heart. Much like, say, murder. A Christian can murder, falling prey to weak flesh, without showing evidence that they are not redeemed. But to do so willfully and unapologetically? Yes, certainly.

elohiym

First, the translation of 1Co 6:9 you are using is wrong. Malakoi is not the Greek word for homosexual.

Second, do you still covet from time-to-time?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Several of your friends on this forum have argued for years that those born of God cease from sin completely, that they cannot sin being in Christ (1Jn 3:9). You consistently argued against that position in the past. I once pressed you on the issue and asked why don't you completely stop sinning to which you essentially responded that you wish you could stop sinning but you couldn't.

If you still believe you cannot completely cease from sin then please answer your own questions as they apply to you.
You are going off topic.

A Christian can still be a Christian and do all sorts of sin that hurts his walk with Christ. Yet, just because Christ covers that sin (for the Christian) doesn't mean that Jesus approves of that sin (which is the topic at hand).

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I didn't mean get them to stop. I meant are they saved while they have same sex attraction and engage in sex with the same gender?

Can you say you're His every time you covet? If yes, why you but not them?

Poor argument elo, I may covet yes, but do I practice covetousness? No, I do not. Do I feel it is O.K. to live in opposition to Gods precepts, Nope. That is the choice of living "In Christ".

If a person belongs to Christ why would he want to live in opposition to His God? Please do not say because this person is born that way because we all make choices and this answer is bogus.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
You are going off topic.

A Christian can still be a Christian and do all sorts of sin that hurts his walk with Christ. Yet, just because Christ covers that sin (for the Christian) doesn't mean that Jesus approves of that sin (which is the topic at hand).

Sorry Knight, I have stated my position, I will move on now...

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I disagree.

It's a behavior that cannot be willfully embraced without showing an unregenerate heart. Much like, say, murder. A Christian can murder, falling prey to weak flesh, without showing evidence that they are not redeemed. But to do so willfully and unapologetically? Yes, certainly.

Not sure I understand your post. Embracing a sin and making it part of your persona is what I am talking about. Each person does have weaknesses they are susceptible too--for example mine is anger. But I don't call myself an angry person. I don't identify myself with this tendency. I have learned to forgive and let things slide. This is because Jesus is too important to me for me to hang onto my anger. I am talking about letting the sin get between the person and a potential relationship with God. They love the sinful habit more than they do God. A person cannot embrace a sinful identity and be Christian at the same time. Homosexuals are on the list of those outside the kingdom of God.

True. As I stated above each person has their flaws. But I am sure that they would feel conviction for that sin. I certainly do when I mess up, which keeps my evil tendencies in check. The presence of God in a person's life does change them weather they are conscious of it or not.