toldailytopic: During His earthly ministry would Jesus have approved of the homosexua

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 4th, 2012 09:42 AM

toldailytopic: During His earthly ministry would Jesus have approved of the homosexual lifestyle?

jesus-homophobe.jpg

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

john w

Hall of Fame
Those intolerant, mean spirited, divisive, bigoted, "hate filled" "Sin-phobe" Christians.....

image_preview

dT6GDOIfwMb_LiSJXpwX2ixgEtWPXadKZvVGcJstBSAPKksATuqIlag3tmcTGyg6FXoSe5VYxizK4q-OLT-KEDOi7A-cty7DNXVIstosQ-_FpI4DMx8LXVyVIyqm1CXtK_7nEiR0eXjN4OkxqdF4-9ajUJuQILgYcSNFdIECl5-K8YHKW_lO0ewz0yoI=s220-c

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Approve? No.
Obsess like many here do? Nope on that as well.

This and what I was taught and I believe is that neither can they have a position in your church government. I was taught that as Christians we aren't called to fight this battle outside of the church.

elohiym

What do you mean by the homosexual lifestyle?

Are you speaking of specific sexual acts that not only homosexuals engage in, or the orientation?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
No!

Jude 7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them, having, in the same way as these, given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the punishment of eternal fire.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "approve."

ap·prove/əˈpro͞ov/
Verb:
Officially agree to or accept as satisfactory: "the budget was approved by Congress"; "an approved profit-sharing plan".
Believe that someone or something is good or acceptable: "I don't approve of the way she pampers my father and brothers".

elohiym

ap·prove/əˈpro͞ov/
Verb:
Officially agree to or accept as satisfactory: "the budget was approved by Congress"; "an approved profit-sharing plan".
Believe that someone or something is good or acceptable: "I don't approve of the way she pampers my father and brothers".

And what specifically regarding homosexuality would Jesus be disapproving of? The orientation or the sexual acts?

Also, can a person be saved while they have homosexual feelings and/or are engaging in homosexual acts?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 4th, 2012 09:42 AM

toldailytopic: During His earthly ministry would Jesus have approved of the homosexual lifestyle?

jesus-homophobe.jpg
:vomit:

And it makes God sick too. Jesus is the second person of the Trinity and is therefore God. Lets take a look at what God thinks of homosexuality in scripture:

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination." (Leviticus 20:13).

"For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due." (Romans 1:26-27).

It is foolish to think that Jesus, who is God would hold a different opinion on this sin than God the Father. The Apostle Paul reiterates God's stance on this sin in his letter to the Romans. Liberals such as waterbear often try to chop the rest of the bible off and just keep the four gospels because they don't specifically mention this sin.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
And what specifically regarding homosexuality would Jesus be disapproving of? The orientation or the sexual acts?

Is there a difference? One kind of leads to the other does it not? I think you are parsing words here. If you are trying to separate feelings from action well, having feelings does not constitute the act so the feelings in and of themselves are not the issue IMO.

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God,” for God can’t be tempted by evil, and he himself tempts no one.
James 1:14 But each one is tempted, when he is drawn away by his own lust, and enticed.
James 1:15 Then the lust, when it has conceived, bears sin; and the sin, when it is full grown, brings forth death.
James 1:16 Don’t be deceived, my beloved brothers.

Also, can a person be saved while they have homosexual feelings and/or are engaging in homosexual acts?

That's a good question elo, why don't you give us the answer...I gave you mine above.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As a movement Jesus would have condemned homosexuality and said something to the effect of...

.... For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

In regard to the homosexual movement targeting young people Jesus would have said...

...Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!

And in a personal conversation with a homosexual Jesus would have said...

... sin no more.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

I really did not catch this phrase in my last post elo, "Can" a person be saved while engaging in this behavior? I would say Yes God can save anyone from any sin they are engaged in, "Is" a person saved that engages in this behavior? I would say it is doubtful, can you really say you are His when you choose to live contrary to His word from the get go?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Christ had a funny habit of telling people to, "Go and sin no more." That is what I think He would tell any individual homosexual He met up with.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ had a funny habit of telling people to, "Go and sin no more." That is what I think He would tell any individual homosexual He met up with.
And what if that person ignored Jesus advice and continued in their sin? What would have Jesus thought or said about them then?