toldailytopic: Do you support conceal and carry gun laws?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
concealed_handgun_CCW_holster.jpg

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 10th, 2011 09:31 AM

toldailytopic: Do you support conceal and carry gun laws?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I prefer open carry. Society would be more polite. It would likely deter crime. As evidence I offer police officers who on patrol duty of some sort open carry. And I don't recall reading they get mugged and robbed often.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I prefer open carry. Society would be more polite. It would like deter crime. As evidence I offer police officers who on patrol duty of some sort open carry. And I don't recall reading they get mugged and robbed often.

Uh, what?

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Of course, have one already and plan to maintain it forever.

It's good to know you have the chance to defend yourself and others if need be.

I would support open carry if Florida ever considers it!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would support open carry if Florida ever considers it!

I thought they already did. I remember a news clip where they showed someoby with a piece holstered and talking on the street. It has been a long time. I think it must have been Arizona.

And Florida and every state already has open carry.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

And

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I thought they already did. I remember a news clip where they showed someoby with a piece holstered and talking on the street. It has been a long time. I think it must have been Arizona.

And Florida and every state already has open carry.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

And

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

We used to...long time ago. You could pretty much have a gun anywhere as long as it was in plain sight.

There are people trying to have it reinstated.

I'd like to see it because it would make things more convenient for me. :)

Granite

Hall of Fame
I said police officers on duty are assulted less than the general population. I am thinking I can prove this quite quickly, if the stats are even kept.

No. Kidding.

As far as open carry is concerned I'm not opposed to it being legal but I also think it's usually idiotic macho posturing intended to goose people. And that's just incredibly lame.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I favor open carry. There would be a lot less rude people. Guns in plain sight do tend to garner respect.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
No. Kidding.

As far as open carry is concerned I'm not opposed to it being legal but I also think it's usually idiotic macho posturing intended to goose people. And that's just incredibly lame.

:plain: As much as I support firearms carry in general unfortunately Granite is correct here too many times. I wouldn't say it's "usually" the case but there are alot of them out there.

I also see alot of open carriers carry irresponsibly IMHO. Just recently I saw an open carry protest going on and (of course) the media focused in on one guy who was pushing a baby stroller. (I have no doubt that it was to emotionally tweak all the Liberals who consider it abject horror that a man with a gun would be pushing a stroller.) I, on the other hand, was just irritated that the guy was carrying a 1911 in Condition 1 on his hip...toward the rear...in a belt-slide type holster.

Waaaay unsafe ansd irresponsible IMHO...too easy to snatch...to easy to negligent discharge. :nono:

...Of course...I'm sure there are CCW's who carry irresponsibly also...but I can't see it. ;)

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
No. Kidding.

I want a neon pink Duracoated Glock 45 and I want to show it off!