toldailytopic: Do you believe God has planned out the rest of your life in every deta

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If you trusted God implicitly that He is all knowing and all wise and loves us with an everlasting love why would it trouble you that He plans your life?

If you look down upon a bird for instance and it is unaware of your presence, you see every single thing that surrounds him, nothing can come near him unless you allow it to...but if he becomes aware of your presence he will take fright.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
No.

Do those that believe that God has everything planned out support the recent comments made by Richard Mourdock (running for Senate in Indiana) that has made national headlines?

In case you don't know what he said:

Mourdock on rape

I find the comments against what Mourdock said somewhat humorous. Most Christians repeat the cliche's "God has a plan", "It's God's will", "It was time for him/her to go" (in reference to the passing of someone), or some other cliche. And those same Christians are "appalled" at Mourdock's comments.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Do you believe God has planned out the rest of your life in every detail?

He has a plan for me, but it's up to me whether or not I follow it.

No.

Do those that believe that God has everything planned out support the recent comments made by Richard Mourdock (running for Senate in Indiana) that has made national headlines?

In case you don't know what he said:

Mourdock on rape

I find the comments against what Mourdock said somewhat humorous. Most Christians repeat the cliche's "God has a plan", "It's God's will", "It was time for him/her to go" (in reference to the passing of someone), or some other cliche. And those same Christians are "appalled" at Mourdock's comments.
I do wonder if he misspoke and meant to say that God intends for the child to live rather than that God intended the pregnancy to take place. However, if it is the latter then I agree with Bob [Enyart]; Mourdock needs to read his Bible.

And I have not watched the whole speech; I've only seen the footage of the single comment.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No, certainly not every little detail, but do i think He has a plan for my life and has plans for the lives of all believers.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
God is on His own plan for each of His children, He watches over them to ensure that EVERYTHING that occurs or fails to occur works together for good to ensure that His plan comes to pass.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"...I don't think God "plans" anything".
Too bad you don't know him. :smokie:

“For who is like Me? Who will arraign Me? And who is that shepherd who will withstand Me?” Jer 49:19

"No one and nothing is like God. He has no peers, no equals, no judges, and no accusers. No one will prevent Him from accomplishing exactly what He plans to accomplish, when He wants to accomplish it." Stanley, C. F. (2005). The Charles F. Stanley life principles Bible: New King James Version (Je 49:19). Nashville, TN: Nelson Bibles.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I believe the final destiny of all souls is determined but the path each soul takes is uniquely its own.
:freak: "Luke...It is your destiny." ~ Darth Vader
smiley_emoticons_darth-vader.gif

See:

Does God Elect Everyone?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"No...His interactions would be like George Lucas punishing Darth Vader or praising Luke Skywalker."
"My density has popped me to you." :freak: ~ George McFly

O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago (Isa 25:1).

Last edited:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for November 2nd, 2012 10:53 AM

toldailytopic: Do you believe God has planned out the rest of your life in every detail?

No. God didn't make us into computers or robots so that He could just send us out on pre-programmed lives. That isn't love. In fact the idea is blasphemous and reduces God to a small 'g' god.

The Bible is full of examples where Israel isn't a programmed robot. Israel is more like a grape vineyard, carefully watered and tended and yet she bore sour fruit. In fact the Nation of Israel disappointed God over and over again.

I and Knight have posted these verses before but they illustrate how people and nations are not pre-programmed.

Isaiah 5:1-4 - Now will I sing to my wellbeloved a song of my beloved touching his vineyard. My wellbeloved hath a vineyard in a very fruitful hill: And he fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof, and planted it with the choicest vine, and built a tower in the midst of it, and also made a winepress therein: and he looked that it should bring forth grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes.
And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem, and men of Judah, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my vineyard.
What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it? wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, brought it forth wild grapes?

God's intention was for Isael to be a nation obedient to Him. He blessed them as a nation. The height of that blessing was the reign of King Solomon with his magnificent palace, his wisdom and the temple. But Israel had a free will. They exercised that free will and chose to be disobedient, following after idols instead of God.

jeremysdemo

Fear not O' brave Knight,

Matthew 6:25-34

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Nang

TOL Subscriber

toldailytopic: Do you believe God has planned out the rest of your life in every detail?[\quote]

Yes, of course.

God is Sovereign, Omniscient, and Omnipotent and therefore ordains and controls all His creation.

Including me . . .

Nang

sky.

BANNED
Banned

toldailytopic: Do you believe God has planned out the rest of your life in every detail?[\quote]

Yes, of course.

God is Sovereign, Omniscient, and Omnipotent and therefore ordains and controls all His creation.

Including me . . .

Nang

It's pretty simple really. It's what makes Him God. :)

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just as surely as Knight HAD to ask the question. :chuckle:
Not according to his understanding. :idunno:

When you say something, we are justified in mocking you for saying something that you have no control over. That doesn't work in reverse.

What functional difference does it make if one believes God has set in concrete every action we take as opposed to believing we are capable of choosing to act according to our own decisions?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Yes, of course.

Including me . . .

Nang

Since God controls you according to you, does he also force you to sin?