toldailytopic: Do you believe God has planned out the rest of your life in every deta

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Do you believe God has planned out the rest of your life in every detail?

No.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What functional difference does it make if one believes God has set in concrete every action we take as opposed to believing we are capable of choosing to act according to our own decisions?
None.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Not according to his understanding. :idunno:

When you say something, we are justified in mocking you for saying something that you have no control over. That doesn't work in reverse.

What functional difference does it make if one believes God has set in concrete every action we take as opposed to believing we are capable of choosing to act according to our own decisions?

It makes a difference in how you honor God for all of His attributes. God's Sovereignty and our lives are joined in that nothing happens outside of His will. His will is something for us to discover not something for us to disregard.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Yes, of course.

God is Sovereign, Omniscient, and Omnipotent and therefore ordains and controls all His creation.

Including me . . .

Nang

Nang, would say that this (below) is a true statement and still honors Gods Sovereignty.

God can know a person is going to sin without causing them to.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It makes a difference in how you honor God for all of His attributes. God's Sovereignty and our lives are joined in that nothing happens outside of His will. His will is something for us to discover not something for us to disregard.

:chuckle:

Sky clearly doesn't know what "practical" means.

rainee

I wish instead of taking on a huge topic like this a study could be set up for just one person. Like start with Adam, or Isaac maybe, and try to see what verses show what was what.

First you know they were to be born or created respectively.
Second you know God so loved the world, so he planned to have a lot of people
not just the famous ones or the ones in the line of the Christ..

Next is the problem of evil.
The problem with evil happening is Job is so written that though God is
awake and in action - something else is also going on.

You can see the same thing with Paul the Apostle - and indeed the other Apostles. They are doing God's Will. Paul was told not to be afraid in one place because God had many people there perhaps insinuating in the war of good vs evil Paul could relax a little there...?

God is to my way of reading and believing all knowing and all powerful.
But He also wants me to be aware there is evil and an enemy and He wants me to be smart and shrewd and also loving to those I might not feel like being loving to because God wants that love but has not made people slaves to do His Will..
I think every time we work with prophecy we are dealing with evidence God knows everything, that He has a plan that will not be stopped - but that there is opposition to that plan that also has a power.

The unique question for me is how much can we become developed?
For why else would He have allowed any evil?

I saw a film about the two little girls who have to share one body.
I think Knight did a thread on them? I know they do not want to be called a two headed person. I don't know why they were born with such a problem - but I do know the people whose lives they touch are made better humans for it or they may be crushed into a horrible wretched darkness. I thought what a blessing for children to grow up sympathizing with them and trying to help them - but then I thought how life works - either it helps you become better or you become worse. Like what The Lord did when He came into the world.

Anyway that is the question for me - not what is God able to do - but what are we able to become?

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Do you believe God has planned out the rest of your life in every detail?

I believe that when I was born, it was meant to be.

God has planned out the rest of your life in every detail?

No, I do believe He has a plan and that He is in the details of those plans that they might be made clear. I believe He reveals those plans and it is mine to act on those plans, either I will or I will not. I think I have missed some great opportunities by not acting on what plans He has revealed at times. I always believe His plans are not to hurt but for the good and to help and prove us productive in our lives and relationship with Jesus.

I do not think God wants robots, otherwise there would none of this let your yes be yes and your no be no, I do have a will to act accordingly. He does want those who are to be obedient to Him, because He does help to keep me on the right path.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Yes, of course.

God is Sovereign, Omniscient, and Omnipotent and therefore ordains and controls all His creation.

Including me . . .

Nang
Which means that God plans out every evil act in detail.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Nang, would say that this (below) is a true statement and still honors Gods Sovereignty.

Which means God is not controlling them, He is only aware of what they are doing. Thus, this person acts outside of God's control.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And you clearly are not interested in anything but mocking. You don't want to know the answers to these questions.

I just heard your answer. :idunno:

It wasn't a practical application. I was wondering how things are different for people who believe one side over the other. Do calvinists make decisions in a different practical manner. Do they do away with planning and research? Do they make any effort at all to effect change?

Or do they live their life exactly like the rest of us? I.e. do they live as if what they choose to do has practical implications upon reality?

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Yes.

God created Adam.

Adam sinned.

Adam is blamed for sin. (Romans 5:12)

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nang, would say that this (below) is a true statement and still honors Gods Sovereignty. God can know a person is going to sin without causing them to.

Could God have chosen to not create Adam?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I just heard your answer. :i dunno:

It wasn't a practical application. I was wondering how things are different for people who believe one side over the other. Do Calvinist's make decisions in a different practical manner. Do they do away with planning and research? Do they make any effort at all to effect change?

Or do they live their life exactly like the rest of us? I.e. do they live as if what they choose to do has practical implications upon reality?

I don't know how "Calvinist's" live their life. As far as I know all of us make choices that have a practical implication on our life. Good choices have a positive effect and bad bad choices have a negative effect but none of them changes God's knowledge.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I don't know how "Calvinist's" live their life. As far as I know all of us make choices that have a practical implication on our life. Good choices have a positive effect and bad bad choices have a negative effect but none of them changes God's knowledge.

Calvinists live their lives by faith in God's promises.

Romans 8:28

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Nang, would you say that this (below) is a true statement and still honors Gods Sovereignty.

Yes.

God created Adam.

Adam sinned.

Adam is blamed for sin. (Romans 5:12)

Thanks Nang, I meant to pose it as a question and not a statement. I omitted the word "you" by mistake.

Would you say that God can know what we will choose but not be responsible for it?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
He has my life planned out through His Word in Holy Scripture.

Whether or not I decide to follow His Word is up to me.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Thanks Nang, I meant to pose it as a question and not a statement. I omitted the word "you" by mistake.

Would you say that God can know what we will choose but not be responsible for it?

It isn't meant to be a "trick" question or to back you into a corner. I guess I'm trying to figure out some sort of dividing line. Maybe I shouldn't be...:)