toldailytopic: Are the fires and unusual heat in Colorado some kind of judgement, a p

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 29th, 2012 10:00 AM

toldailytopic: Are the fires and unusual heat in Colorado some kind of judgement, a part of global warming, or just an unfortunate circumstance?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Silent Hunter

Assuming that the fires aren't a product of arson they are a normal part of "the circle of life" . . . that homes are destroyed and live lost is unfortunate.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm fairly certain that it has something to do with Benny Hinn.

If you donate some money I bet the fires will stop. :think: :greedy:

Or maybe he needs to annoint a cloth which you can go throw on the fire and it will vanish. :bow:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm fairly certain that it has something to do with Benny Hinn.

:rotfl:

Fire on ya!

Ok Benny, a little too much this time!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No...It's the natural cycling of the Earth's climate. If God were to judge Colorado right now, He would rain fire down on it and wipe it off the map like He did Sodom.

Benny Hinn is full of stuffing and nonsense. I don't think a Thanksgiving turkey has as much stuffing as he does.

Oh maybe...Benny Hinn preached too much and the hot air from his sermons dried up the grasses and created a fire hazard. All it took was a lightning strike or a cigarette tossed out a window. His sermons are what is causing Colorado's horrible heat wave.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
If you donate some money I bet the fires will stop. :think: :greedy:

Or maybe he needs to annoint a cloth which you can go throw on the fire and it will vanish. :bow:

Who is the guy who sends the little vials of holy water? (or as Bob calls it, vile holy water lol!) We need to send that dude a bunch of donations.

Oh, and to adress the OP: I think Guysmiley has it. The Tebow trade, God is very angry. :madmad:

Alate_One

It's part of climate change but it is probably also an abnormally warm year as well. The return of an active sun couple with increased greenhouse gases isn't helping. Apparently the drought over much of the country is also a contributing factor to the heat.

The fires in Colorado are also exacerbated by long term climate change affecting the pine bark beetle. It is able to go through two lifecycles instead of one because of extended growing periods due to climate change. This means trees that could survive the beetle now die and are fuel for wildfires.

So no, not judgement, unless you consider judgement the natural consequences of human behavior.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I say it is judgement and only the beginning of woes for the United States, fasten your seat belts folks it I believe the sorrows for this nation have just begun, global warming will be coming but, not from climate change. This nation has turned it's face from God, we have sown to the wind and will reap the whirlwind. Maybe America will wake up but, probably not until it is too late...All we can do is watch and pray IMO.

2Chr. 7:13 If I shut up the sky so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
2Chr. 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

OMEGA

Blood, thirst, famine, when the Comet shall run!"

"Distress from fire in the sky.

There is a very great drought!

Fish in the
sea, river and lake, boiled, hectic!

A great famine do I see drawing near,

turning from one way to another and becoming universal.

A famine so great
and so long that man shall become a man-eater!"

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I say it is judgement and only the beginning of woes for the United States, fasten your seat belts folks it I believe the sorrows for this nation have just begun, global warming will be coming but, not from climate change. This nation has turned it's face from God, we have sown to the wind and will reap the whirlwind. Maybe America will wake up but, probably not until it is too late...All we can do is watch and pray IMO.

2Chr. 7:13 If I shut up the sky so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
2Chr. 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

^ This.

Didnt colorado just make it illegal to speak out about homosexuality?

Greentree777

I wonder, isn't Colorado springs where some of the so called " prophets and apostles" live /gather ? Maybe God has told them what He thinks of their nonsense?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: Are the fires and unusual heat in Colorado some kind of judgement, a part of global warming, or just an unfortunate circumstance?

It was exceptionally hot here in Anderson, yesterday. And then it rained enough to cut out some power around town and interrupt satellite service, today.

Could it be judgement for trading Tebow?
:chuckle: