toldailytopic: Are some sins 'non-reformable' and/or 'unforgivable'? If so, what are

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippy2006

Yep. I'm not sure why vnctblzn is not seeing that. :idunno:

Neither do I understand it:

"Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace. For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?"

What's all this talk of saving if unbelief is unpardonable? How could a conversion happen if you are converting an unforgivable person?

elohiym

What's all this talk of saving if unbelief is unpardonable? How could a conversion happen if you are converting an unforgivable person?

The penalty for sin is death (Rom 6:23).

Sin can be pardoned by God (2Sam 12:13).

God has forgiven our sins and taken away our capacity to sin (Isa 1:18; Jer 31:34; Rom 4:7; 1Jo 3:9).

If someone doesn't believe that, logically he cannot be forgiven and cannot cease from sin (Luke 7:47; 2Pet 2:14).

It is the man's state of mind that makes the sin unpardonable (Rom 8:7).

Conversion is receiving a new state of mind (1Cor 2:16).

zippy2006

The penalty for sin is death.

Sin can be pardoned by God.

God has forgiven our sins and taken away our capacity to sin.

If someone doesn't believe that, logically he cannot be forgiven and cannot cease from sin.

It is the man's state of mind that makes the sin unpardonable.

Conversion is receiving a new state of mind.

thank you elohiym :e4e:

Unbelief is unforgivable. Once an unbeliever is a believer they are forgiven. No one is forgiven who is an unbeliever.

Forgiveness is not how someone is saved. We are saved when we believe the Gospel and receive His life (Rom 5:10). In His life, we receive all things. Only those who are saved are forgiven. Eph 1:7; Col 1:14

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
psychologists seem to suggest that criminal pedophilia is non-reformable, nor have i ever witnessed reform in criminal pedophiles. while i believe that all sin is forgiveable, i dont believe that sins can be truly repented of short of regeneration.

i believe that some sins can even incur brain damage, if a person engages in a longterm pattern of certain negative criminal choices. the brain itself may have to undergo physical regeneration.

How do you know this? Have you participated in research on paedophiles (pedophiles), or have you read about the subject at length in journals? Were you a correctional officer, or counselor?

How do you know sins or thought patterns can change the brain? Have you studied this?

Can you honestly say more than you believe that some sin cannot be overcome ?

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Not believing in Jesus. That's it.

"But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper shall not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. "And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin, and righteousness, and judgment; concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me" John 16:7-9
:thumb:

vnctblzn

How do you know this? Have you participated in research on paedophiles (pedophiles), or have you read about the subject at length in journals? Were you a correctional officer, or counselor?
my government counselor informs me that my father and his husband have no hope of restoration as pedophile kidnappers. they kidnapped, drugged, sodomized and filmed a prepubescant little boy. my father also wanted to marry me, but i dont believe in marriage. how much experience do you suggest i need?

zippy2006

Unbelief is unforgivable. Once an unbeliever is a believer they are forgiven. No one is forgiven who is an unbeliever.

Forgiveness is not how someone is saved. We are saved when we believe the Gospel and receive His life (Rom 5:10). In His life, we receive all things. Only those who are saved are forgiven. Eph 1:7; Col 1:14

Okay I think I understand ...:think:

Your first two sentences seem a bit contradictory though. Would it be accurate to say that past unbelief is forgiven once one becomes a believer? When you say "unbelief is unforgivable" do you mean that it is impossible to be forgiven while you remain an unbeliever, rather than saying that unbelief itself is a specific sin that will never be forgiven?

Does the former atheist retain his sin of unbelief? I'm still mulling over elohiym's bit that we are given a new state of mind through Christ.

vnctblzn

"Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace. For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?"
:) okay, thanks.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I believe that through the Grace of God, all sin shall be overcome and by being of the Holy Spirit, in Christ, one may never again lose salvation. Even the paedophile, rapist and murder if he is truly repentant, and more importantly, has absolute faith in Jesus’ act of salvation, one may be free of these sins.

vnctblzn

I believe that through the Grace of God, all sin shall be overcome and by being of the Holy Spirit, in Christ, one may never again lose salvation. Even the paedophile, rapist and murder if he is truly repentant, and more importantly, has absolute faith in Jesus’ act of salvation, one may be free of these sins.
okay, thanks.

its been suggested that unbelievers have blasphemed the holy spirit and therefore cannot ever be forgiven. therefore an individual is incapable of being converted from unbelief to belief.
What??? How do you come up with that?

Jesus is simply stating that blaspheme of the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven. You cannot become a believer by being forgiven of being an unbeliever.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
my government counselor informs me that my father and his husband have no hope of restoration as pedophile kidnappers. they kidnapped, drugged, sodomized and filmed a prepubescant little boy. my father also wanted to marry me, but i dont believe in marriage. how much experience do you suggest i need?

This is a personal experience, sad as it is; however not generalizable without careful study and in this area, most studies a qualitative and not very reliable.

Who is the government counselor, is he a doctor? What do you mean by your 'father and his husband?' If you farther is a man and that is the general meaning of the word 'father', then he cannot have a husband.

Then you say this father of yours, who has a 'husband' wanted to marry you? You do not believe in marriage?

Alright, I am able to put some things together; you would naturally think some sin is unforgivable. It seems you have had some experience with psychopathology, but yours is experienced, not studied. I am sorry for you and will pray for you. I hope come to see a brighter side of human nature.

vnctblzn

Who is the government counselor, is he a doctor?
yes, employed by government.

What do you mean by your 'father and his husband?' If you farther is a man and that is the general meaning of the word 'father', then he cannot have a husband.
it is a same-sex marriage. quite common in the news also.

Then you say the father, yours, who has a husband wanted to marry you?
correct.

You do not believe in marriage?
within specific context. i dont see a value of marriage unless there is a potential for child-bearing. further, i dont believe that everyone is qualified for marriage. the majority of marriages end up in divorce.

I hope come to see a brighter side of human nature.
i believe that all are sinners.

Status
Not open for further replies.