toldailytopic: Are some sins 'non-reformable' and/or 'unforgivable'? If so, what are

Status
Not open for further replies.

CALVARY\CALVIN

No sins are reformable. Hence, all sin is non-reformable. Sin is the product of a carnal mind which cannot be reformed (Rom 8:7).

However...

Mat 12:31-32 All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Unbelief is blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, and logically it cannot be forgiven because it is unbelief.

YEAH ONE MUST BE REGENERATED BY THE SPIRIT,TO EVEN BE ABLE TO EXERCISE THE LIVING FAITH OF THE SON OF GOD,THAT COMES TO US THROUGH THE SON OF GOD,AND FROM THE SON OF GOD WHO GIVES US THE POWER,AND HIS SUPERNATURAL WILL TO BELIEVE UPON HIS NAME,AND HIS BLOOD 4 EVERLASTING FORGIVENESS,AND SALVATION

Okay I think I understand ...:think:

Your first two sentences seem a bit contradictory though. Would it be accurate to say that past unbelief is forgiven once one becomes a believer?
Not really, because it is what Paul means by "repentance toward God". There must be a change of mind. No forgiveness involved.

That should answer your other two questions. I hope :)

YEAH ONE MUST BE REGENERATED BY THE SPIRIT,TO EVEN BE ABLE TO EXERCISE THE LIVING FAITH OF THE SON OF GOD,THAT COMES TO US THROUGH THE SON OF GOD,AND FROM THE SON OF GOD WHO GIVES US THE POWER,AND HIS SUPERNATURAL WILL TO BELIEVE UPON HIS NAME,AND HIS BLOOD 4 EVERLASTING FORGIVENESS,AND SALVATION
Welcome to TOL, and please do not use all caps. We can hear you just fine.

I will respond to your "robotic" response later.

vnctblzn

They can't be forgiven. They turn from being unbelievers to believers. Unbelief is never forgiven. I know I've already explained this in this thread.

If you read back through the posts, it is because an unbeliever doesn't believe in God or his forgiveness. How could he be forgiven?
it seems to me that unbelief is a sin requiring forgiveness.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Matt 13:58 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And He did not do many miracles there because of their unbelief.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mark 6:6 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And He wondered at their unbelief. And He was going around the villages teaching.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mark 9:24 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Immediately the boy's father cried out and said, "I do believe; help my unbelief."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mark 16:14 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Afterward He appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at the table; and He reproached them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who had seen Him after He had risen.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rom 3:3 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What then? If some did not believe, their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rom 4:20 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rom 11:20 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rom 11:23 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 Tim 1:13 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]even though I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor. Yet I was shown mercy because I acted ignorantly in unbelief;[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Heb 3:19 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So we see that they were not able to enter because of unbelief.[/FONT]

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
yes, employed by government.

it is a same-sex marriage. quite common in the news also.

correct.

within specific context. i dont see a value of marriage unless there is a potential for child-bearing. further, i dont believe that everyone is qualified for marriage. the majority of marriages end up in divorce.

i believe that all are sinners.

This idea of queer marriage is not an accepted norm and not legal in most states, not even in California. This is part of your convoluted thinking. Your father might have a 'partner' not a husband. Even men who live as women and play that role do not have husbands; they might call them husbands, but no man can be another man's wife. If there is no wife, then there is no husband, not in reality.

Then there is the strange notion that your father who I would assume is a total invert, would want to marry you, assuming you are a woman. It would seem, if any, the 'husband' would be bisexual.

It seems you would be better off removing yourself from all this pathology and if I were you, I would work with the psychologist towards the goal of becoming able to perceive a more normal outlook as it pertains to human behaviour.

I realise it is important to work out the trauma of all of this abuse and you need closure on this and obviously have not found it yet.

I hope you find your own way through the maze.
God bless

CALVARY\CALVIN

I believe that through the Grace of God, all sin shall be overcome and by being of the Holy Spirit, in Christ, one may never again lose salvation. Even the paedophile, rapist and murder if he is truly repentant, and more importantly, has absolute faith in Jesus’ act of salvation, one may be free of these sins.

yes true repentance of heart is not within the will,nor power of man's carnal nature;but is granted from above above by God's gracious choice alone who guides the person by His Spirit unto Christ whereby his heart,and mind r supernaturally quickened to perceive,and know his sinfull state of being in the sight of God's living presence,and the horrible wrath of God that abides upon his soul through keen sense that he given by the HolySpirit's Will power cries out to Jesus with all his heart mind,and soul to save him from his sin;and then he is saved 4-ever

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
yes true repentance of heart is not within the will,nor power of man's carnal nature;but is granted from above above by God's gracious choice alone who guides the person by His Spirit unto Christ whereby his heart,and mind r supernaturally quickened to perceive,and know his sinfull state of being in the sight of God's living presence,and the horrible wrath of God that abides upon his soul through keen sense that he given by the HolySpirit's Will power cries out to Jesus with all his heart mind,and soul to save him from his sin;and then he is saved 4-ever

Yes, that would be a less than aptly put Calvinist position. I am not a five-point Calvinist, therefore I believe we have a choice and not all is shaped by God, otherwise, we would have less freedom than I believe we have.

vnctblzn

This idea of queer marriage is not an accepted norm and not legal in most states, not even in California.
its practiced and authorized by churches anyway. the marriage ceremony took place in a church.

This is part of your convoluted thinking.
no need to get condescending. youre simply ignorant about the practice of same-sex marriages in the united states. same-sex marriages are currently authroized by churches within every state of the united states. the government only got involved in marriages within the last century or so. marriages were strictly performed by churches without government involvement over a century ago.

Your father might have a 'partner' not a husband. Even men who live as women and play that role do not have husbands; they might call them husbands, but no man can be another man's wife.
various religious authorities practice otherwise.

If there is no wife, then there is no husband, not in reality.
we're not talking about reality. we're talking about religious systems.

Then there is the strange notion that your father who I would assume is a total invert, would want to marry you, assuming you are a woman.
im male.

It would seem, if any, the 'husband' would be bisexual.
my father is strictly homosexual pedophile. hes not attracted to women.

It seems you would be better off removing yourself from all this pathology and if I were you, I would work with the psychologist towards the goal of becoming able to perceive a more normal outlook as it pertains to human behaviour.
i already have. youve perhaps assumed otherwise.

I realise it is important to work out the trauma of all of this abuse and you need closure on this and obviously have not found it yet.
what would constitute closure? you had asked me some questions which ive been glad to answer, but im not looking for an internet counselor to replace my government counselor of ten years. ive not legally authorized counsel beyond what the government has already appointed.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
vnctblzn,

I am not trying to replace your 'counselor' that would not be ethical. I am pointing out facts.

you say,
we're not talking about reality. we're talking about religious systems.

Do you not see that statement to be an example of convoluted thinking? Perhaps not and that is what gives me pause.

You might want is ask other members if their church would marry two men, I would be surprised if you find more than one percent here. Also. consider what this odd couple has done according to you. I am merely pointing out the obvious, your bringing this up on a public forum, hardy indicates closure. I do wish you well and hope you are able to put it behind you and live a normal life and have a natural family.

vnctblzn

I am not trying to replace your 'counselor' that would not be ethical. I am pointing out facts.
you had made a series of unfounded presuppositions such as asserting that my father is bisexual and that i am female. these 'facts' of yours are untrue.

Do you not see that statement to be an example of convoluted thinking?
a marriage is based upon the authority which authorizes it, biblical or not. in this case, religious as opposed to legal authority.

You might want is ask other members if their church would marry two men, I would be surprised if you find more than one percent here.
no one here has been seeking forum members to authorize an internet marriage.

I am merely pointing out the obvious, your bringing this up on a public forum, hardy indicates closure.
you had asked me about my personal qualifications to speak on the issue of pedophiles. then i simply answered. if you dont ask me specific personal questions, then i wont answer them.

I do wish you well and hope you are able to put it behind you and live a normal life and have a natural family.
thank you. in the future, you neednt emphasize that my thinking is unnatural in the context of your religious perspective. have a good day.

The Gospel is the "power" of God unto salvation. Calvinists neglect this simple truth. Faith comes when we believe the Gospel.

vnctblzn

The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation.
agreed.

The forgiven have no capacity for repentance, seeing as how they are already forgiven.
not sure what that means. jesus extended forgiveness to unrepentant sinners as they were actively crucifying him.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Luke 23:34[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] But Jesus was saying, "Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing." And they cast lots, dividing up His garments among themselves.[/FONT]

A husband does not ask his wife to marry him.
sorry, but ive lost your context here.

not sure what that means. jesus extended forgiveness to unrepentant sinners as they were actively crucifying him.
Jesus prayed that they be forgiven, and those who believe in Him, receive His life and are forgiven. Looking at it your way, everyone is forgiven even if they don't believe in Him, which would mean Jesus did not have to die.

sorry, but ive lost your context here.
You cannot receive something that is already yours.

What is your understanding of the Gospel?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
you had made a series of unfounded presuppositions such as asserting that my father is bisexual and that i am female. these 'facts' of yours are untrue.

a marriage is based upon the authority which authorizes it, biblical or not. in this case, religious as opposed to legal authority.

no one here has been seeking forum members to authorize an internet marriage.

you had asked me about my personal qualifications to speak on the issue of pedophiles. then i simply answered. if you dont ask me specific personal questions, then i wont answer them.

thank you. in the future, you neednt emphasize that my thinking is unnatural in the context of your religious perspective. have a good day.

I was simply making an inquiry, not asserting that you were a female, or your father is bisexual. I also did not mention anything about an internet marriage; what I said is I doubt that many here belong to churches that would allow two men or two women to be married.

Your answer was not what I expected; I thought you might be claiming to have some form of clinical expertise. Usually one does not expect a response, such as you gave.

I also wished you a natural life, not implying your life now is unnatural and it is not based on my religious perspective, rather the reality of the circumstances you revealed.

vnctblzn

Jesus prayed that they be forgiven, and those who believe in Him, receive His life and are forgiven.
so youre suggesting that jesus' prayer went largely unanswered by the father because the father had failed to forgive the ones whom jesus had prayed for?

Looking at it your way, everyone is forgiven even if they don't believe in Him,
this would be applicable within the current dispensation to the gentiles. under the law of moses, repentance enabled forgiveness. under the gospel of christ, however, forgiveness enables repentance. unfortunately, the law of moses was never adequate in and of itself to grant eternal salvation. it could only grant a temporal earthly salvation at best.

which would mean Jesus did not have to die.
not sure how you came to this conclusion. all are sinners. forgiveness is only accessed through the blood of christ's sacrificial crucifixion.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Heb 9:22 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.[/FONT]

You cannot receive something that is already yours.
but what if it is not yours? how then do you recieve it? are you speaking from a predestination perspective?

What is your understanding of the Gospel?
in the briefest nutshell:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Eph 2:8 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Eph 2:9 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Eph 2:10 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.